Fire Mike Brown billboard

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby jlkr on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:20 am

laker911 wrote:Release the funds to you and you're on your way to an all expense paid trip to Hawaii.

+1

Waste of money anyway.
Be a lot cheaper not to mention better off funding firemikebrown.com and getting Google traffic at it.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:18 am

ooooooooh......and his kids could tell him all about it every night..... ouch!! Would be banned conversation for sure or he benches them...... :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby brickshooter on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:49 am

Interesting enough I didn't have a problem with Bynum throwing a tantrum. But also I didn't have a problem with Brown benching him for it. Nor do I have a problem with Brown benching Kobe. It's basketball.

But I do have a large problem with Brown keeping Bynum out of the rest of the game which almost cost us the victory. For what? So that Brown can dump the entire loss on Bynum? If a player screws up, you sit his immature butt down to make a point, then send him back in after several minutes. Then you move on. You don't throw him under the bus.

Now Bynum is retaliating by saying that he'll continue to shoot a 3. In other words, it's now personal. A pissing contest. Just beause Kobe covered Brown's butt when he said that he agreed with Brown's decision doesn't mean that Bynum will do the same. What happens when a rising star and his coach gets in a blood fued?

Bye Bye Brown.
brickshooter

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:03 pm

brickshooter wrote:Interesting enough I didn't have a problem with Bynum throwing a tantrum. But also I didn't have a problem with Brown benching him for it. Nor do I have a problem with Brown benching Kobe. It's basketball.

But I do have a large problem with Brown keeping Bynum out of the rest of the game which almost cost us the victory. For what? So that Brown can dump the entire loss on Bynum? If a player screws up, you sit his immature butt down to make a point, then send him back in after several minutes. Then you move on. You don't throw him under the bus.

Now Bynum is retaliating by saying that he'll continue to shoot a 3. In other words, it's now personal. A pissing contest. Just beause Kobe covered Brown's butt when he said that he agreed with Brown's decision doesn't mean that Bynum will do the same. What happens when a rising star and his coach gets in a blood fued?

Bye Bye Brown.

He tried that, then Drew went off glass from the stripe. Dude was in full troll mode last night.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Center Court on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:19 pm

for a prime location you should be planning to fork over a lot of dough... $15-20,000.

I do know this, the Billboards as your entering LAX all run $1,500,000 per month because of such high numbers in demographics that see it

If you can pay for it, go for it. I'd say put it in downtown close to staples or in el segundo by their facilities
Center Court

Postby kidhell on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Kurt Rambis is sitting around, available, could come in and work in parts of the triangle and keep other offensive schemes loose with Sessions running sets... but... he is Phil's best friend so Jim would never do it... even though he's respected by the players and would help this team. Can't we put a billboard up to fire Jim Buss instead???
kidhell

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:28 pm

kidhell wrote: Can't we put a billboard up to fire Jim Buss instead???

good luck with that one :man3:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:30 pm

khmrP wrote:

because a billboard to fire Mike Brown is going to be much more effective.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

because a billboard to fire Mike Brown is going to be much more effective.

huh? I dont think either one is of any uses but Jim Buss? really who's gona fire him?
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:34 pm

I was kidding. The wording of your post implied that the idea of firing Buss was absurd, but the idea of the thread was not.

No big deal bud.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:35 pm

I think it would take a major blowup for that to happen this late in the season.. He would have been let go in the 1st half if it was going to happen this season.
lakersin4

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Haven't read every post in this thread yet, but am I the only one who's not ready to send the guy packing at this point?

He leaves things to be desired, but I'd rather have this version of Mike Brown that doesn't coddle to his star players and consequently lose the team's respect (a la LeBron in Cleveland).

I feel like he should improve his rotations and offensive gameplan at times, but I'm willing to cut him a little slack for having virtually ZERO training camp and a heavily condensed schedule to figure out what he's got on this roster on the fly.
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby TalkieWalkie on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:42 pm

While you're at it, add "Hire Bryan Shaw" to the billboard... And " fire Chaz"
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:Haven't read every post in this thread yet, but am I the only one who's not ready to send the guy packing at this point?

He leaves things to be desired, but I'd rather have this version of Mike Brown that doesn't coddle to his star players and consequently lose the team's respect (a la LeBron in Cleveland).

I feel like he should improve his rotations and offensive gameplan at times, but I'm willing to cut him a little slack for having virtually ZERO training camp and a heavily condensed schedule to figure out what he's got on this roster on the fly.

No you're not the only one. I've been trying to tell people that considering everything, we're in pretty good position. A new coach, a new system, a new roster, a condensed schedule and we're STILL third in the West. Not too bad.

His rotations are infuriating and I think he's the very definition of mediocre as a head coach, but the team could be doing a lot worse.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:59 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:Haven't read every post in this thread yet, but am I the only one who's not ready to send the guy packing at this point?

No you're not the only one. I've been trying to tell people that considering everything, we're in pretty good position. A new coach, a new system, a new roster, a condensed schedule and we're STILL third in the West. Not too bad.

His rotations are infuriating and I think he's the very definition of mediocre as a head coach, but the team could be doing a lot worse.

And there is something to be said for his defensive gameplanning ability. The only reason our D has slipped recently is due to a lack of effort probably brought on by the "dog days" of the season. I expect our defensive effort and production to pick back up as the regular season winds down and into the playoffs.
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

And there is something to be said for his defensive gameplanning ability. The only reason our D has slipped recently is due to a lack of effort probably brought on by the "dog days" of the season. I expect our defensive effort and production to pick back up as the regular season winds down and into the playoffs.

Agreed, but that makes him a good defensive coordinator not necessarily a good head coach. I think I'd rather he fill that role than as a head coach, but as a head coach he could actually be worse. People don't really want to see it that way, but it's true.

Crazy to think how good we could be if we played up to our potential all season long. Kobe is having a sub par season, our bench is having a sub par season, Pau so far has been a bit underwhelming, and our coaching staff have been sub par. What if we were all par?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersFanInCali on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Center Court wrote:for a prime location you should be planning to fork over a lot of dough... $15-20,000.

I do know this, the Billboards as your entering LAX all run $1,500,000 per month because of such high numbers in demographics that see it

If you can pay for it, go for it. I'd say put it in downtown close to staples or in el segundo by their facilities

interesting.

I was thinking by Staples as well but if it cost that much perhaps I need the El Segundo area. I know it's a lot of money that's why I want to see if anyone is interested.

About the website...the only expense is the domain name. I know some free hosting sites that you can build the site on. I will start locating some billboards and start to proceed from there.
LakersFanInCali

Postby LakersFanInCali on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:27 pm

His rotations are justifiable enough for grounds of termination.
LakersFanInCali

Postby VincentTH on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:21 pm

LakersFanInCali wrote:His rotations are justifiable enough for grounds of termination.

Right, like having your reserve PG plays as a SG who cannot shoot, late in a game where we could win, and then proceed to "rest" your star player with only 4 mins left in the 4th. Resting Kobe should be done at the start of the 4th, and re-inserting him depending on how bad the reserve are doing.
VincentTH

Postby Sirron on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:20 pm

He has a 4 year contract, so no.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby bystander on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Internet never cease to amaze me.

pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:43 pm

bystander wrote:Internet never cease to amaze me.

Your .gif library never ceases to amaze me. lol. I have a pretty extensive collection myself.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby bystander on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:51 pm

I have a pretty extensive collection myself.

^^ use them more and less words. Words are boring, put together they make sense and stuff.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby ThizGuy83 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:11 pm

if mike brown does indeed get fired.. it will be during the summer... or after next season to give him a shot in an actual real season with training camp and practices
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby kobe_luver on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:53 am

LakersFanInCali wrote:
Center Court wrote:for a prime location you should be planning to fork over a lot of dough... $15-20,000.

interesting.

I was thinking by Staples as well but if it cost that much perhaps I need the El Segundo area. I know it's a lot of money that's why I want to see if anyone is interested.

About the website...the only expense is the domain name. I know some free hosting sites that you can build the site on. I will start locating some billboards and start to proceed from there.

You ask if we are interested. The majority have answered a resounding NO and then you say you're going to locate some billboards and proceed from there ????
WE ARE 2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE ARE 2010 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE WILL BE 2013 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
kobe_luver

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard