Fire Mike Brown billboard

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby Sirron on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:01 am

Hey don't poop on his dream lol
User avatar
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld
 
Posts: 17977
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:32 pm

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby Whatthef? on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:16 pm

for $25 you can get a parking spot near the entrance to Staples and put a giant white sheet on your car that says "Fire Mike Brown" and use a bullhorn to get attention and maybe signatures like a petition. Maybe ESPN would even show you on Sportscenter! :man2:
User avatar
Whatthef?

 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: SactownLaker

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby kobe_luver on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Does anyone really think trying to attack MB at this point would do anything but further hurt the team??? :bang:
WE ARE 2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE ARE 2010 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE WILL BE 2013 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
User avatar
kobe_luver

 
Posts: 607
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: LA

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby dj vitus on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:54 pm

How about we hold a sign that says "Give GLOCK a chance!" or something instead of putting the heat on our coach during the stretch run? If we get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs, then yeah, we can talk about a FMB Billboard.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9417
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby VincentTH on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Best if someone who has ticket to a game, and deal with Stu to allow the camera on his sign:

FIRE MIKE BROWN
VincentTH

 
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:12 pm

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby killacam on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:12 pm

He's no Phil Jackson but it could be a lot worse...look at it from a different perspective. At least he's not Del Negro
User avatar
killacam

 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:02 am

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby tttppp on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:00 pm

killacam wrote:He's no Phil Jackson but it could be a lot worse...look at it from a different perspective. At least he's not Del Negro


At least he's not Lawrence Frank.
tttppp

 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:39 pm

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby scissors on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Give Brown a chance. He might actually surprise us. No new coach would have done good for the Lakers this year with the shortened season. Our record isn't the best but we are still at #3 in the standings. When it's time for playoffs, he will have more time to prepare.

I'm not saying Brown is the best fit for the Lakers but he is here now so we should support him and give him the benefit of the doubt.

As far as all these benching of Kobe and Bynum BS, I think they will get through it. Kobe and Bynum wants to win as much as Brown does. I think they will meet half way and get through this. Besides, I think it's the media that is hyping it up more than what it actually is.
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby Alcindor on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:08 pm

OP you need to lighten up a little bit. Trying to solicit funds here to throw up anti-coach hate in LA halfway through the guy's first season, shortened at that, with no real camp or preseason suggests a fundamentalist militant type of character behind the keyboard. Let's put the jihad on ice for now and cancel the plans to drive the minivan filled with plastique into Brown's office and support the team as best we can.

WMC is good enough buddy, try it.
User avatar
Alcindor

 
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: North Hollywood

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:18 pm

bystander wrote:
I have a pretty extensive collection myself.


^^ use them more and less words. Words are boring, put together they make sense and stuff.


The .gifs are hysterical. Everytime I see an outrageous topic or post, I expect a bystander .gif :man10:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
User avatar
The Original 81

 
Posts: 5260
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Like others have said on many occasions. It is tough to be the Head Coach of any team when the guy who takes the most shots isnt able to make enough of them at a good clip.

He isnt a good coach on offense, we all get that but this is a players league and if your individuals arent doing what you expected from them, there is little you can do.
bumrusherer

 
Posts: 9864
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:26 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:37 pm

bumrusherer wrote:Like others have said on many occasions. It is tough to be the Head Coach of any team when the guy who takes the most shots isnt able to make enough of them at a good clip.

He isnt a good coach on offense, we all get that but this is a players league and if your individuals arent doing what you expected from them, there is little you can do.


^^ You can have an offensive system that doesn't rely mostly on iso plays. Look at Adelman's corner offense for example. Not far from the triangle really. It was one our player personnel could have very easily adapted to.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
bumrusherer wrote:Like others have said on many occasions. It is tough to be the Head Coach of any team when the guy who takes the most shots isnt able to make enough of them at a good clip.

He isnt a good coach on offense, we all get that but this is a players league and if your individuals arent doing what you expected from them, there is little you can do.


^^ You can have an offensive system that doesn't rely mostly on iso plays. Look at Adelman's corner offense for example. Not far from the triangle really. It was one our player personnel could have very easily adapted to.


I agree with what you said, but it still comes down to your better players doing their job. Kobe, irrespective of offensive system, will revert into playground mode if he isnt reigned in.
So, we could even go back to the triangle at this point but it likely wouldnt change much because Kobe has this ridiculous green light and he's start chasing the ball around even more because nobody understands that offense better than he does.

I am not a MB fan and would swap him for Adelman in a second but our issues run deeper than that, IMO.
bumrusherer

 
Posts: 9864
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:26 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby Alleyhoops on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:43 pm

OP, a word of advice from someone who's been through a battle with the NBA -- do NOT use team colors for any negative promotion -- especially on a large scale. You will get an immediate cease and desist from the league for trademark infringement of "dress colors" and be subject to a legal suit. Just so ya know.
Image
User avatar
Alleyhoops

 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:08 pm
Location: Culver City California

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:45 pm

forget the billboard, let's get a country renamed to "fire mike brown"
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby Turbo on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Fire him! He pisses me off. I was at the game tonight and after Westbrook made 2 free throws to cap off his scoring for the night, Brown called a timeout and I yelled, "What are you drawing up? A 9-pt play?!" He called 2 timeouts within 30 seconds of each other. He should have used them earlier in the half to try stop OKC's momentum. Instead, he called a TO after OKC had turned a 5-pt deficit into a 3-pt advantage for them.
Turbo

 
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: El Monte, CA

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby LakersFanInCali on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Turbo wrote:Fire him! He pisses me off. I was at the game tonight and after Westbrook made 2 free throws to cap off his scoring for the night, Brown called a timeout and I yelled, "What are you drawing up? A 9-pt play?!" He called 2 timeouts within 30 seconds of each other. He should have used them earlier in the half to try stop OKC's momentum. Instead, he called a TO after OKC had turned a 5-pt deficit into a 3-pt advantage for them.


the funny thing is I know which timeout you were referring to because I was like WTF!
LakersFanInCali

 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:23 am

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby Turbo on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:05 am

LakersFanInCali wrote:
Turbo wrote:Fire him! He pisses me off. I was at the game tonight and after Westbrook made 2 free throws to cap off his scoring for the night, Brown called a timeout and I yelled, "What are you drawing up? A 9-pt play?!" He called 2 timeouts within 30 seconds of each other. He should have used them earlier in the half to try stop OKC's momentum. Instead, he called a TO after OKC had turned a 5-pt deficit into a 3-pt advantage for them.


the funny thing is I know which timeout you were referring to because I was like WTF!


Hahaha! Were you at the game? Did you hear me yell from Section 329?
Turbo

 
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: El Monte, CA

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby jimbo327 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:18 am

Mike Brown won't get fired unless he loses Bynum. And I think Bynum is going to test Brown by jacking up a few more 3's before this season is done. And I want to see Brown's reaction, and if he will bench him again. Bynum holds all of the cards now because the trade deadline is over and he obviously doesn't respect Brown. Does Brown has the balls to bench Jim Buss' pride and joy? I think Brown will back down and crumble like he did with Lebron.
Soylent Green is People!
User avatar
jimbo327

 
Posts: 14902
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:56 pm
Location: Where Else?

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby kobe_luver on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:49 am

I'm irritated by MB rotations (especially with Sessions and Barnes) but I believe MB standing up and benching Bynum helped Bynum wake up and play with more intensity tonight.
WE ARE 2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE ARE 2010 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE WILL BE 2013 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
User avatar
kobe_luver

 
Posts: 607
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: LA

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:07 am

a lot of good that did, we still lost pretty handily...at home too.

doodoo brown needs to go...still can't believe he was hired in the first place.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby shaq222 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:42 am

bumrusherer wrote:Like others have said on many occasions. It is tough to be the Head Coach of any team when the guy who takes the most shots isnt able to make enough of them at a good clip.

He isnt a good coach on offense, we all get that but this is a players league and if your individuals arent doing what you expected from them, there is little you can do.

sorry but where is the defense in this....i think we have solid offense, defense is problem.....and he always talking about defense, and i dont see any defense in laker games....kobe have problem with shooting, I agree with that, but his defense is gone.....who do you need to blame, MIke Brown of course....because he need to force them to play defense and he is not capable doing that....thats why he need to be fired
shaq222

 
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:58 am

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby KaliCin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:06 pm

i am so sick of hearing ppl blaming the coach for everything its a shorten season and he is new coach and dont have the players he needs and they are the 3rd in the west with all that and i didnt even mention the stuff with Stern give the man a full season before u throw him under the bus Shaw isnt the coach get over it
KaliCin

 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 am

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:17 pm

KaliCin wrote:i am so sick of hearing ppl blaming the coach for everything its a shorten season and he is new coach and dont have the players he needs and they are the 3rd in the west with all that and i didnt even mention the stuff with Stern give the man a full season before u throw him under the bus Shaw isnt the coach get over it


Kobe-Bynum-Pau-Sessions

He has the players he needs. Thats just an asinine statement.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby NewDynasty on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:38 pm

He needs to be fired.
NewDynasty

 
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:41 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.