Fire Mike Brown billboard

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby Sirron on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:01 am

Hey don't poop on his dream lol
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Whatthef? on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:16 pm

for $25 you can get a parking spot near the entrance to Staples and put a giant white sheet on your car that says "Fire Mike Brown" and use a bullhorn to get attention and maybe signatures like a petition. Maybe ESPN would even show you on Sportscenter! :man2:
Whatthef?

Postby kobe_luver on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Does anyone really think trying to attack MB at this point would do anything but further hurt the team??? :bang:
WE ARE 2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE ARE 2010 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE WILL BE 2013 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
kobe_luver

Postby dj vitus on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:54 pm

How about we hold a sign that says "Give GLOCK a chance!" or something instead of putting the heat on our coach during the stretch run? If we get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs, then yeah, we can talk about a FMB Billboard.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby VincentTH on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Best if someone who has ticket to a game, and deal with Stu to allow the camera on his sign:

FIRE MIKE BROWN
VincentTH

Postby killacam on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:12 pm

He's no Phil Jackson but it could be a lot worse...look at it from a different perspective. At least he's not Del Negro
killacam

Postby tttppp on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:00 pm

killacam wrote:He's no Phil Jackson but it could be a lot worse...look at it from a different perspective. At least he's not Del Negro

At least he's not Lawrence Frank.
tttppp

Postby scissors on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Give Brown a chance. He might actually surprise us. No new coach would have done good for the Lakers this year with the shortened season. Our record isn't the best but we are still at #3 in the standings. When it's time for playoffs, he will have more time to prepare.

I'm not saying Brown is the best fit for the Lakers but he is here now so we should support him and give him the benefit of the doubt.

As far as all these benching of Kobe and Bynum BS, I think they will get through it. Kobe and Bynum wants to win as much as Brown does. I think they will meet half way and get through this. Besides, I think it's the media that is hyping it up more than what it actually is.
scissors

Postby Alcindor on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:08 pm

OP you need to lighten up a little bit. Trying to solicit funds here to throw up anti-coach hate in LA halfway through the guy's first season, shortened at that, with no real camp or preseason suggests a fundamentalist militant type of character behind the keyboard. Let's put the jihad on ice for now and cancel the plans to drive the minivan filled with plastique into Brown's office and support the team as best we can.

WMC is good enough buddy, try it.
Alcindor

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:18 pm

bystander wrote:
I have a pretty extensive collection myself.

^^ use them more and less words. Words are boring, put together they make sense and stuff.

The .gifs are hysterical. Everytime I see an outrageous topic or post, I expect a bystander .gif :man10:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Like others have said on many occasions. It is tough to be the Head Coach of any team when the guy who takes the most shots isnt able to make enough of them at a good clip.

He isnt a good coach on offense, we all get that but this is a players league and if your individuals arent doing what you expected from them, there is little you can do.
bumrusherer

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:37 pm

bumrusherer wrote:Like others have said on many occasions. It is tough to be the Head Coach of any team when the guy who takes the most shots isnt able to make enough of them at a good clip.

He isnt a good coach on offense, we all get that but this is a players league and if your individuals arent doing what you expected from them, there is little you can do.

^^ You can have an offensive system that doesn't rely mostly on iso plays. Look at Adelman's corner offense for example. Not far from the triangle really. It was one our player personnel could have very easily adapted to.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
bumrusherer wrote:Like others have said on many occasions. It is tough to be the Head Coach of any team when the guy who takes the most shots isnt able to make enough of them at a good clip.

^^ You can have an offensive system that doesn't rely mostly on iso plays. Look at Adelman's corner offense for example. Not far from the triangle really. It was one our player personnel could have very easily adapted to.

I agree with what you said, but it still comes down to your better players doing their job. Kobe, irrespective of offensive system, will revert into playground mode if he isnt reigned in.
So, we could even go back to the triangle at this point but it likely wouldnt change much because Kobe has this ridiculous green light and he's start chasing the ball around even more because nobody understands that offense better than he does.

I am not a MB fan and would swap him for Adelman in a second but our issues run deeper than that, IMO.
bumrusherer

Postby Alleyhoops on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:43 pm

OP, a word of advice from someone who's been through a battle with the NBA -- do NOT use team colors for any negative promotion -- especially on a large scale. You will get an immediate cease and desist from the league for trademark infringement of "dress colors" and be subject to a legal suit. Just so ya know.
Alleyhoops

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:45 pm

forget the billboard, let's get a country renamed to "fire mike brown"
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Turbo on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Fire him! He pisses me off. I was at the game tonight and after Westbrook made 2 free throws to cap off his scoring for the night, Brown called a timeout and I yelled, "What are you drawing up? A 9-pt play?!" He called 2 timeouts within 30 seconds of each other. He should have used them earlier in the half to try stop OKC's momentum. Instead, he called a TO after OKC had turned a 5-pt deficit into a 3-pt advantage for them.
Turbo

Postby LakersFanInCali on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Turbo wrote:Fire him! He pisses me off. I was at the game tonight and after Westbrook made 2 free throws to cap off his scoring for the night, Brown called a timeout and I yelled, "What are you drawing up? A 9-pt play?!" He called 2 timeouts within 30 seconds of each other. He should have used them earlier in the half to try stop OKC's momentum. Instead, he called a TO after OKC had turned a 5-pt deficit into a 3-pt advantage for them.

the funny thing is I know which timeout you were referring to because I was like WTF!
LakersFanInCali

Postby Turbo on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:05 am

LakersFanInCali wrote:
Turbo wrote:Fire him! He pisses me off. I was at the game tonight and after Westbrook made 2 free throws to cap off his scoring for the night, Brown called a timeout and I yelled, "What are you drawing up? A 9-pt play?!" He called 2 timeouts within 30 seconds of each other. He should have used them earlier in the half to try stop OKC's momentum. Instead, he called a TO after OKC had turned a 5-pt deficit into a 3-pt advantage for them.

the funny thing is I know which timeout you were referring to because I was like WTF!

Hahaha! Were you at the game? Did you hear me yell from Section 329?
Turbo

Postby jimbo327 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:18 am

Mike Brown won't get fired unless he loses Bynum. And I think Bynum is going to test Brown by jacking up a few more 3's before this season is done. And I want to see Brown's reaction, and if he will bench him again. Bynum holds all of the cards now because the trade deadline is over and he obviously doesn't respect Brown. Does Brown has the balls to bench Jim Buss' pride and joy? I think Brown will back down and crumble like he did with Lebron.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby kobe_luver on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:49 am

I'm irritated by MB rotations (especially with Sessions and Barnes) but I believe MB standing up and benching Bynum helped Bynum wake up and play with more intensity tonight.
WE ARE 2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE ARE 2010 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

WE WILL BE 2013 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!
kobe_luver

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:07 am

a lot of good that did, we still lost pretty handily...at home too.

doodoo brown needs to go...still can't believe he was hired in the first place.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby shaq222 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:42 am

sorry but where is the defense in this....i think we have solid offense, defense is problem.....and he always talking about defense, and i dont see any defense in laker games....kobe have problem with shooting, I agree with that, but his defense is gone.....who do you need to blame, MIke Brown of course....because he need to force them to play defense and he is not capable doing that....thats why he need to be fired
shaq222

Postby KaliCin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:06 pm

i am so sick of hearing ppl blaming the coach for everything its a shorten season and he is new coach and dont have the players he needs and they are the 3rd in the west with all that and i didnt even mention the stuff with Stern give the man a full season before u throw him under the bus Shaw isnt the coach get over it
KaliCin

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:17 pm

KaliCin wrote:i am so sick of hearing ppl blaming the coach for everything its a shorten season and he is new coach and dont have the players he needs and they are the 3rd in the west with all that and i didnt even mention the stuff with Stern give the man a full season before u throw him under the bus Shaw isnt the coach get over it

Kobe-Bynum-Pau-Sessions

He has the players he needs. Thats just an asinine statement.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby NewDynasty on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:38 pm

He needs to be fired.
NewDynasty

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard