Fire Mike Brown billboard

Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby LakersFanInCali on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:52 am

I am going to make some calls around the L.A. area and find out the pricing to put up a FIRE MIKE BROWN billboard. It will probably be costly and I was hoping for a small donation from members on here.

Since this is a trusted board, I would like the Admins from this site to be the escrow company to hold these funds. ClubLakers will not be affiliated with the billboard just holding on to the funds and releasing it to me or the billboard company.

Who would be interested in this? If interested post on this thread and I will PM or email each individually.

My plans perhaps, all gold background with "FIRE MIKE BROWN" in purple, with Lakers script/font.

Perhaps someone can get me samples.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FIRE-MIKE ... 4304579415

^^^ we need to continue this
LakersFanInCali

Re: Fire Mike Brown billboard

Postby XXIV on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:02 am

:man10:

If anything there's no chance he gets fired this season. I mean if we were to fire him who would we hire?
Last edited by XXIV on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
XXIV

Postby Finwë on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:04 am

Look, as much as I think hiring this guy was a very very bad idea, I think it would be even worse to fire him in the middle of this crazy short season. It would take a lot of time to adjust to a new coach, and we just can't afford it.
Maybe you don't think this team has any chance of winning it all, and it's very understandable, but stranger things have happened, and in the end of the day we still have Kobe, we still have Drew, we still have Pau, still have sessions, we still have barnes, we still have a stopper in MWP, and we still have championship experience.
I don't really like our chances, but I'm not ready to pull the plug on the season just yet. I rather ride it out and see what happens than to panic and throw everything overboard.

Having said that, I'd completely support a campaign like this before the start of the next season, Mike Brown being here for 3 more seasons is ridiculous and scary. Ask me then for a donation if you're still doing this.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby kray28 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:06 am

MIke Clown aint gettin' fired now.

Jimmy Buss made his bed....now he has to lay in it, at least through the end of this season.
kray28

Postby davriver290 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:18 am

This is ridiculous, Brown is doing a decent job in a shortened season with new guys. I don't understand the fire coach Brown craze going on right now when we're third best in the West and have proven that we can win against good teams.

He's had some blunders, every coach does, even Phil Jackson.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:24 am

dude you and everyone else on this board knows you won't do anything. you are going to sit on this board and continue to complain until we win the finals. thats fine, u should do it. thats the whole point of a msg board but dont make nonsensical threads
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby LakersFanInCali on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:27 am

OCLakersFan247 wrote:dude you and everyone else on this board knows you won't do anything. you are going to sit on this board and continue to complain until we win the finals. thats fine, u should do it. thats the whole point of a msg board but dont make nonsensical threads

you're in the area too....you want to help?

He won't get fired this season but at least it would gain some attention and that there are disgruntled fans out there.
Last edited by LakersFanInCali on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LakersFanInCali

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:29 am

^^not in the area anymore..might be back in a few months for bschool. maybe then?
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:29 am

Need a rule on CL that posters have to have been members for at least a week before they request the administrative staff to act as escrow company for funds collected to put up a fire the coach billboard.......

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby LakersFanInCali on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:32 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Need a rule on CL that posters have to have been members for at least a week before they request the administrative staff to act as escrow company for funds collected to put up a fire the coach billboard.......

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

I know I am new, therefore, I am asking this board to hold the funds if members contributed.

Since I am new, there might be a lack of trust. This board has credibility that I have yet gained.

The funds will be released to me once the billboard is up.
LakersFanInCali

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:42 am

Not going to happen. And yes I agree that new members should be members for a month or at least obtain a certain post count in order to create threads.

Mike Brown is doing a good job IMO. He's no Phil Jackson, but those are impossible shoes to fill.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:45 am

Never going to happen. Look how long it took to get rid of Del Harris, for example.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:51 am

Lakeshow24 wrote:Not going to happen. And yes I agree that new members should be members for a month or at least obtain a certain post count in order to create threads.

Nah....a month is a little too snobbish.....but at least a week :man12: before starting a money gathering effort for firing the coach billboards. :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 am

Oi...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 24K GOLD on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:11 am

A website is better and less costly. You can do firemikebrown.com or firepotatohead.com
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:16 am

Nate McMillan or how about finally JVG :man1: ?
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby TIME on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:24 am

I'll hold the money for you. Everyone can go ahead and start sending me money.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby 24fanyes on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:25 am

i've said JVG...so if he gets hired credit me
24fanyes

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 am

24fanyes wrote:i've said JVG...so if he gets hired credit me

here comes more ugly offense.
khmrP

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:28 am

You do something like this in the OFF SEASON. Not during the season where it can be a distraction. We are only a few weeks away from the playoffs starting.

Commonsense.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby tttppp on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:37 am

LakersFanInCali wrote:I am going to make some calls around the L.A. area and find out the pricing to put up a FIRE MIKE BROWN billboard. It will probably be costly and I was hoping for a small donation from members on here.

Since this is a trusted board, I would like the Admins from this site to be the escrow company to hold these funds. ClubLakers will not be affiliated with the billboard just holding on to the funds and releasing it to me or the billboard company.

Who would be interested in this? If interested post on this thread and I will PM or email each individually.

My plans perhaps, all gold background with "FIRE MIKE BROWN" in purple, with Lakers script/font.

Perhaps someone can get me samples.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FIRE-MIKE ... 4304579415

^^^ we need to continue this

This is a great idea. I actually had an idea of a fire mike brown website. Unfortunately, I don't have any money right now, otherwise I would donate.
tttppp

Postby tttppp on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:40 am

Lakerjones wrote:Never going to happen. Look how long it took to get rid of Del Harris, for example.

In Denver they put up a billboard for the Broncos to start Tebow. They started Tebow half way through the season. So it can work.
tttppp

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:51 am

Lakers fans and management already know there's a problem. They don't need a billboard. The hire was made by the new commander-in-chief, Jimmy Buss.

For example, when Brown was hired there was a collective groan from the Laker fan community. Sure, some were in favor, but the majority wasn't. The Lakers are special here in LA. The crowd, despite the nonsense that Paul Pierce threw out there a few years ago, is actually pretty sophisticated in terms of understanding basketball. So Cal has been a hub for B-ball for many, many years . . . UCLA with Wooden, Lakers with West and Baylor, later with Wilt, Cap, Showtime, Kobe/Shaq . . .

The thing that really needs to happen now IMO is Jimmy Buss needs to have a sit down with Brown and tell him what he expects of him. Brown seems confused - loyalties to certain players in the wrong place, not using what the FO got for him to see him succeed. He's a bit lost.

In Brown's defense though, he's a chain of command guy. If Buss sits him down and gives him some direction - some idea of what he'd like to happen, I believe Brown will fall right in line and deliver the correct product.

Everything is right there for Brown. Penetrating starting level PG to run the offense without much direction, thus freeing Brown to hammer the team about the defensive plan. Brown has a backup SG that Mitch drafted who was playing quite well. Bring him back. He has a big shooter in Murph to be out there when needed, a hustle guy in McBobs. A hustling SF Barnes who plays well with the starters and with Sessions who can split minutes with Artest - going off ball and getting out on breaks.

Brown is just in need of re-direction. He's gone off the path and has to be told what to do.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby tttppp on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:00 am

Lakerjones wrote:Lakers fans and management already know there's a problem. They don't need a billboard. The hire was made by the new commander-in-chief, Jimmy Buss.

For example, when Brown was hired there was a collective groan from the Laker fan community. Sure, some were in favor, but the majority wasn't. The Lakers are special here in LA. The crowd, despite the nonsense that Paul Pierce threw out there a few years ago, is actually pretty sophisticated in terms of understanding basketball. So Cal has been a hub for B-ball for many, many years . . . UCLA with Wooden, Lakers with West and Baylor, later with Wilt, Cap, Showtime, Kobe/Shaq . . .

The thing that really needs to happen now IMO is Jimmy Buss needs to have a sit down with Brown and tell him what he expects of him. Brown seems confused - loyalties to certain players in the wrong place, not using what the FO got for him to see him succeed. He's a bit lost.

In Brown's defense though, he's a chain of command guy. If Buss sits him down and gives him some direction - some idea of what he'd like to happen, I believe Brown will fall right in line and deliver the correct product.

Everything is right there for Brown. Penetrating starting level PG to run the offense without much direction, thus freeing Brown to hammer the team about the defensive plan. Brown has a backup SG that Mitch drafted who was playing quite well. Bring him back. He has a big shooter in Murph to be out there when needed, a hustle guy in McBobs. A hustling SF Barnes who plays well with the starters and with Sessions who can split minutes with Artest - going off ball and getting out on breaks.

Brown is just in need of re-direction. He's gone off the path and has to be told what to do.

Mike Brown should have a sit down with each of his players, and tell them what he expects from them. Outside of his big 3, Mike Brown doesn't demand anything out of his players, especially on the offensive end.

Honestly, Mike Brown has been coaching for 8 years. You have to be pretty dumb not have figured out what is expected of you by now.
tttppp

Postby laker911 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:17 am

Release the funds to you and you're on your way to an all expense paid trip to Hawaii.
laker911

Next

Return to The Graveyard