For the better?

For the better?

Postby Mettalic-Laker (Knights) on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:05 pm

Do you think once all this is over Kobe is going to do his best regain his rep. Will he try so hard that it might look fake. Maybe he will do a lot more charities...

What do you think?
The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you. LA Lakers, THE PERENNIAL CHAMPS!!!
Mettalic-Laker (Knights)

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:12 pm

I truly believe in rehabilitation ...

So even I have high hopes that after Kobe is released from Prison, he can become an productive member of society once again.

And even though he may be 70+ years old, he should have enough money to go on.
Kobe's Therapist

Postby Mettalic-Laker (Knights) on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:14 pm

Kobe the Rapist wrote:I truly believe in rehabilitation ...

So even I have high hopes that after Kobe is released from Prison, he can become an productive member of society once again.

And even though he may be 70+ years old, he should have enough money to go on.

SHUT UP!!!!!
The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you. LA Lakers, THE PERENNIAL CHAMPS!!!
Mettalic-Laker (Knights)

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:15 pm

Why you so sure that Kobe is going to prison? Yes, I know you believe that he did rape this girl, but that doesn't mean the jury will see it that way. Also, even if he is convicted, there is the possibility of parole... which seems the more likely of the two at this point, especially after seeing how remorseful Kobe was at his press conference.
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:16 pm

Breathe there man!

lol ... you need to relax a bit.
Kobe's Therapist

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:16 pm

by the way, since you guys don't know, we're just ignoring Kobe The Rapist's posts until he is banned. just don't respond to this idiot, you're wasting your time.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:17 pm

That's true R2S ...

I was just giving a worst case scenario ... that even if he served time, I will hope and pray that he can still be a productive citizen.
Kobe's Therapist

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:19 pm

In response to the original question:
No, I don't think that this is for the better in any way. Regardless of all the reports that Kobe didn't have enough street cred to sell things, his jersey was the most popular one sold in the NBA. The guy is already third in endorsements for professional athletes, after Tiger Woods and MJ. This isn't going to be for the better. Some parents might be less likely to buy their kids Kobe Bryant paraphernalia than before. Even though the kids might still love Kobe, their parents may have lost some respect for Kobe and no longer want their kids to see him as an icon or a role model. Having said that, if it DOES by some chance help his endorsements, then it's definitely not worth everything he could possibly lose: his wfie, his daughter, his life as a free person, and respect.
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Postby Mettalic-Laker (Knights) on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:22 pm

I was refering to him as a citizen not an endorser. Read what I wrote at the top :man12:
Mettalic-Laker (Knights)

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:30 pm

Mettalic-Laker (Knights) wrote:I was refering to him as a citizen not an endorser. Read what I wrote at the top :man12:

Sorry... alright then, in answer to your REAL question.... I don't think he will try harder. I think he will be more concerned with proving to his wife that he won't do anything like this again. All of his concern lies in his family, not the fame.... as he made known in his press conference and his statements. In fact, he might be more willing to let people see that he is less than perfect... who knows?
Return2Showtime

Postby Laker brain on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:47 pm

Kobe will continue to be as he has always been.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Mettalic-Laker (Knights) on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:31 pm

I honestly hope so
Mettalic-Laker (Knights)

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:14 pm

I could care less about his "image". No one cares about what MJ did (nearly the same thing as Kobe) anymore. Why? Because when it comes down to it, they remember him for what he did ON the court, not off of it.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to The Graveyard