Gasol trade rumors: (ESPN: Gasol unlikely to be traded p.50)

Re: Highly Unlikely Pau Will Be Traded

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Kobe8Fan wrote:
Highly Unlikely Pau Will Be Traded

Highly unlikely Pau Gasol will be traded. After LA nixed a potential Rondo swap interest dropped way off, source tells me.

https://twitter.com/#!/ESPNChrisPalmer/ ... 3271837696

I hope so... I would hate to give up our greatest advantage to fix our biggest weakness. We can improve our weakness while maintaining the one thing teams can't plan for 14' of skilled bigmen
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Re: Gasol trade rumors: (ESPN: Gasol unlikely to be traded p.50)

Postby kobe_008 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 pm

:jam2:
kobe_008

Postby Mr. Bryant on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 pm

not surprised. It will interesting to see what Lakers can get for him in the summer.

Now its time for one last with the Spaniard.
Mr. Bryant

Postby Center Court on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:29 pm

Kobe8Fan wrote:
Highly Unlikely Pau Will Be Traded

Highly unlikely Pau Gasol will be traded. After LA nixed a potential Rondo swap interest dropped way off, source tells me.

https://twitter.com/#!/ESPNChrisPalmer/ ... 3271837696

nixed a Rondo swap? not sure if I'm thrilled with that but if we can just nab Beasley and Sessions then we are good.
Center Court

Postby John3:16 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:29 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I hope so... I would hate to give up our greatest advantage to fix our biggest weakness. We can improve our weakness while maintaining the one thing teams can't plan for 14' of skilled bigmen

I'm fine with that....... as long as we fix the PG spot. If we do nothing, I'll be mildly irate.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby brickshooter on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Now that DHoward just killed his own deal and remain in Orlando, we should call NJ for a Gasol for DWilliams.
brickshooter

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 pm

I am so glad we are not trading away Pau, the guy will play with a chip on his shoulder and with fire knowing he is finishing the season with L.A.
Just get Beasley/Sessions and let's go to war with what we have :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby jamabile on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:35 pm

According to a report I read, the Lakers didn't offer Gasol for Rondo. If that's the case, I don't see that as nixing the deal. Obviously, Rondo is the best pg we have heard connected to us besides Paul, but if it didn't make sense to the Lakers management whether it be financial or not what they wanted in player personnel, then so be it.
jamabile

Postby MadMax on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:39 pm

John3:16 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I hope so... I would hate to give up our greatest advantage to fix our biggest weakness. We can improve our weakness while maintaining the one thing teams can't plan for 14' of skilled bigmen

I'm fine with that....... as long as we fix the PG spot. If we do nothing, I'll be mildly irate.

My sentiments exactly.
MadMax

Postby LOL on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:10 am

gasol should only be traded for a young star PG to have a kobe/bynum/star pg core. what we should be doing is move all the other scrubs and odom's tpe for better players..
LOL

Postby abeer3 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:05 am

i'm glad the lakers are keeping him, though rondo would have been a very solid return. lakers must have been concerned that rondo's lack of shooting ability wouldn't mesh well with the current team-wide lack of shooting ability.
abeer3

Postby SK8 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:22 am

You are talking like this is sure thing and Pau is not gonna be traded. It's not true, its RUMORS, we have a little bit time to get Gasoft out of roster. He is not the same player as he were when he came here. Need youth!
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby bystander on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:59 am

KB24stk wrote:You are talking like this is sure thing and Pau is not gonna be traded. It's not true, its RUMORS, we have a little bit time to get Gasoft out of roster. He is not the same player as he were when he came here. Need youth!

Gasoft is so 2008. Try to came with something more clever. Jokes about vaginas and stuff aren't.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby 24K GOLD on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:33 am

bystander wrote:
KB24stk wrote:You are talking like this is sure thing and Pau is not gonna be traded. It's not true, its RUMORS, we have a little bit time to get Gasoft out of roster. He is not the same player as he were when he came here. Need youth!

Gasoft is so 2008. Try to came with something more clever. Jokes about vaginas and stuff aren't.

If Pau got traded, will you quit CL and move to whichever team forum his new team will be? Theoretical question.
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby bystander on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:53 am

24K GOLD wrote:
bystander wrote:

If Pau got traded, will you quit CL and move to whichever team forum his new team will be? Theoretical question.

For the 100th time ,no i wont. still im a pau fan first also.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby denimPortugal on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:12 am

Nice! Pau stays, and Beas in! Like! :jam2:
denimPortugal

Re: Gasol trade rumors: (ESPN: Bulls talking Gasol trade p.41)

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:15 am

KB24stk wrote:KEEP PAU! Get us Beasley and Sessions and BUCKLE UP!

This really is the best case scenario unless we can get a PG like Deron for Pau. I like Rondo, I like Lowry. But I don't take Rondo/Bass or Lowry/Scola over Sessions/Pau.. Add Beasley for firepower off the bench. Barring a major injury or chemistry issues, the 1st & 2nd halfs of the season should be like night & day. Adding Sessions & Beasley is without a doubt enough to win a title if the pieces fit how they should.
lakersin4

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:16 am

bystander wrote:
24K GOLD wrote:
bystander wrote:Gasoft is so 2008. Try to came with something more clever. Jokes about vaginas and stuff aren't.

For the 100th time ,no i wont. still im a pau fan first also.

Nothing wrong with that. He is from where you are from.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:32 am

Unless we get Deron or Dwight in a sign and trade, then Gasol stays.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:46 am

:bricks: :bang: :bricks: :bang: :bricks: Do you even watch the games?
LTLakerFan

Postby alexthegreat on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:50 am

Cool. I wouldn't wanna give up Pau unless it was for D-Will, and maybe Rondo/Bass. I rather go to war with our Big 3. A Beasley/Sessions addition would do just fine.
alexthegreat

Postby denimPortugal on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:57 am

edit
denimPortugal

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:52 am

Nets Turn Down Pau For Deron Trade

The New Jersey Nets are telling teams that they absolutely, positively will not move Deron Williams before Thursday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline even if Dwight Howard goes through with his stated intention to lock himself into the 2012-13 season of his current contract with the Orlando Magic.

Sources with knowledge of New Jersey’s thinking told ESPN.com on Thursday morning that the Nets’ position won’t change even if the Los Angeles Lakers offer them Pau Gasol in a package for Williams before the deadline.

The Lakers are known to want an elite point guard if they’re going to part with Gasol … and the fact that Orlando will apparently not be trading Howard theoretically gives L.A. an opening to make an 11th-hour run at Williams.

But sources said that the Lakers actually offered Gasol to the Nets in December for Williams and were rejected.

The Lakers will get the same answer if a Gasol-centric offer for D-Will comes in before the trade buzzer, according to the sources.

The Nets remain active leading up to the deadline, but their apparent plan is to continue to stockpile salary-cap space and draft picks to try to have as many trade assets as possible in June to make another trade run at Howard or another star in conjunction with the draft … before D-Will can opt out and become a free agent July 1.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... for-d-will
Kobe8Fan

Postby kray28 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:54 am

So let me get this straight...the Lakers didn't actually make any offer, but the title says "Nets Turn Down Pau For Deron Trade".

LMAO. BSPN for teh win.
kray28

Postby JGC on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:57 am

kray28 wrote:So let me get this straight...the Lakers didn't actually make any offer, but the title says "Nets Turn Down Pau For Deron Trade".

LMAO. BSPN for teh win.

Well, according to sources, the Nets did turn down a trade in December.

But sources said that the Lakers actually offered Gasol to the Nets in December for Williams and were rejected.
JGC

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard