I heard on the radio that the DA may drop charges

I heard on the radio that the DA may drop charges

Postby murcielago62 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:48 pm

He may consider dropping charges based on the girl's mental state. They had an attorney on and he said if they do go to trial this is basically a "get out of jail free card" for the defense, and the DA will have a difficult time swaying the jury. They also said this allows them to attack her credibility from another angle, and taking on somebody like Kobe who'll have high-powered lawyers is hard in itself and having a mentally unstable "victim" won't make things any easier
Last edited by murcielago62 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:49 pm

aw damn what station?... this is REAL good news
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby murcielago62 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:52 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:aw damn what station?... this is REAL good news

I live in GA, but it's Fox Sports Radio
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:54 pm

oh that's tight... if charges are dropped, we all can forget about this case finally
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Mettalic-Laker (Knights) on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:58 pm

The sooner the better. I want to start getting excited about the upcoming season. Let's hope this Gary Payton thing clears up as well.
The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you. LA Lakers, THE PERENNIAL CHAMPS!!!
Mettalic-Laker (Knights)

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:00 pm

I know, someone said that if it wasn't for the Kobe case, this would have been an AMAZIN summer

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LP on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:01 pm

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT NEWS!!!
LP

Postby brian4921 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:06 pm

AWESOME news! :tongue1:
Last edited by brian4921 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian4921

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:07 pm

welcome to the site brian!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby brian4921 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:08 pm

thanks, bryantdunkgiant. it's great to be here!
brian4921

Postby lalgirl3 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:08 pm

HOT DAMN!
This is looking better and better

:jam2:
lalgirl3

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:12 pm

np brian, nice to have you.

yes it is a case of HOT DAAAAAMN! It's a new day and we get this nice news... JEAH!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby IBelieveinKobe2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:14 pm

Dude..are you sure..OMG if this is true..HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN..I'm getting ready to do cartwheels here..so this hopefully is true. Fox Sports Radio..what station is that? 1150? 1540? cause I listen to both..who said it..and how do they know that its legit? I want this to be true SO bad..so that we can get back to what is truely important..BASKETBALL!! :bow:
IBelieveinKobe2003

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:14 pm

Wow ... talk about wishful thinking!

Not gonna happen.
Kobe's Therapist

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:26 pm

Yea, I would love to see that happen... although it would be nice to prove Kobe's innocence in court... some people will say that the DA is just doing that because of who Kobe is. However, I really think that this is unlikely since the DA took so long to make sure that he could do this without extremely good evidence. It would take A LOT for the DA to drop the charges... like the girl admitting that she lied or something along those lines.
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:29 pm

Yeah, baby!!!!

These fools should drop the charges....as soon as possible.

Then we can get back to the more important things in life.......our NBA Title.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:33 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:Then we can get back to the more important things in life.......our NBA Title.
Yeah it's terrible to see our offseason have to focus on this, but if all goes well, Kobe's name will be cleared up. This would be MUCH better than going to trial.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby IBelieveinKobe2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:34 pm

what station is fox sports radio..I wanna hear it too..who said it..HOT DAM, if this is true..this chica is gonna party all night long!!
IBelieveinKobe2003

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:35 pm

don't get your hopes up too high, these are just RUMORS... however if this is true, I will join in on partying till da crack of dawn as well!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby IBelieveinKobe2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:37 pm

oh I know..heck, I believed Chris Myers say that there wouldn't be any charges so I won't keep my hopes too high. Just the fact that this girl is a pop pilling suicidal freak who has a sketchy past makes me happy enough, but to have all charges dropped..OH BOY..bring on the potato chips, pizza, and soda..cause PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!
IBelieveinKobe2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:42 pm

I can see the Lakee Haterz sweating at this very moment with the news of her drug overdose!!!

Sweat losers!!! Panic losers!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby IBelieveinKobe2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:43 pm

Listen..haters are always gonna hate..the girl can come out and say that she lied and the haters are always gonna hate the lakers and kobe and shaq, especially now cause we got the gloved one and a BUFF mailman..They are scared, nervous as hell cause they know that they dont stand a chance..let them hate..I dont care..let the babies have their bottles, when the title comes back to LA where it belongs, the queens will still have their banner, cause that is all that they will ever get, and Duncan will start crying waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa..let them have their fun..it wont last long
IBelieveinKobe2003

Postby Laker brain on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:48 pm

Haters will still hate either way.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby LakerTexan on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:00 pm

PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!!!
This Laker fan needs this to be over in the WORST way cause I'm surrounded by haters (Spurs fans) down here!

I cannot wait till this is over with and we get down to some basketball!

Kobe vs. Lebron in season opener!!!! :boxing1:
LakerTexan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:54 pm

Like ya said she's suicidal, and she doesn't care about her life. She popped pills, and prolly still does... She has nothin to lose, and Kobe does. Kobe made a bad mistake, but that's why she's claming rape, since she has nothin to lose. I do hope these charges are dropped, so Kobe could be a free man. He's innocent, but guilty for commitin adultery, and has to face his god, and his family for that matter.
LakersGyrl2003

Next

Return to The Graveyard