Poll ended at Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:10 pm

Kobe Bean Bryant
76%
Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett
23%

Total votes : 13

Honestly... which would you choose?

Postby Mettalic-Laker (Knights) on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:10 pm

Just thought I would throw that out there. Let's here your opinions of this.
The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you. LA Lakers, THE PERENNIAL CHAMPS!!!
Mettalic-Laker (Knights)

Postby Mettalic-Laker (Knights) on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:28 pm

Who voted for Dirk and Kevin. Tell me why
The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you. LA Lakers, THE PERENNIAL CHAMPS!!!
Mettalic-Laker (Knights)

Postby murcielago62 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:40 pm

Mettalic-Laker (Knights) wrote:Who voted for Dirk and Kevin. Tell me why

I did. Come on! I love Kobe to death, but KG and Dirk that's PF and SF that's like 50 pts. 17 rebounds!
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby Mettalic-Laker (Knights) on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:44 pm

I don't disagree! I am bias but that would be a great combo.

NO DOUBT!!!!!
Mettalic-Laker (Knights)

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:48 pm

Yeah ... I'd have to go with KG and Dirk I think.

KG had a better year than Kobe last year ... and Dirk is really progressing quickly.

And that would give you 3 of the top 5 or 6 big men in the game, you'd probably end up trading one of them for another 2 guard but if not, that makes for an amazing C, PF, and SF combination. Quick size can't be ignored in the NBA.

All in all ... alot more flexibility with two great players than with one.
Kobe's Therapist

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:15 pm

since when is kobes middle name bean that names stupid... just cuz his dad had bellybean
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:17 pm

you mean jelly bean
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:39 pm

Just checking...I have a choice between picking only one player in Kobe...and getting 2 players together in KG and Dirk???

Is that the poll about???
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:46 pm

i think it's would u rather have KB or Dirk and Garnett.

I support Kobe. He still has A LOT of time to develop too!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:06 pm

sorry typo but y is kobe refered to as kobe bean bryant by the da guy
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby LeXiCoN on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:25 pm

Kobe the Rapist wrote:KG had a better year than Kobe last year ...

i disagree

Yes, Garnett did win All-Star MVP and yes he did get like 68 double doubles, but are u forgetting the fact that kobe did all these:
1)2 consecutive triple doubles (3 in that month)
2)Broke the consecutive 3 pt record (9) and broke the 3 pt record in a game (12)
3)9 straight games with 40 pt + and 14 or somethin games with 30+
4)NBA Dunk of the year
5)42 pts in the first half

i feel that thats better than garnett...but i dont know squat bout garnett....all i know is what i said above

and having 2 allstars against 1 isnt very fair

but who cares anyway....we got kobe...thats what matters
LeXiCoN

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:33 pm

No doubt Kobe has spectacular moments ... but he also still has inconsistencies.

Even as someone who absolutely hates Kobe as a Player, and am disgusted by him so far as a person ... I won't deny his talent.

But I personally felt that KG should have been MVP for the year ... he lifted his team further than they'd ever gone before ... and did it relatively on his own.

I felt that KG's consistancy throughout the year, as well as his importance to his team deserved more recognition than he got.
Kobe's Therapist

Postby SWOL on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:53 pm

if the question was Kobe or Garnett or Dirk ... i take Kobe.......but Dirk and KG, thats a no brainer, a more realistic question is
Kobe and Horry
or
Garnett and Cassell
or
Dirk and Van Exel
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SWOL on Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:07 pm

Kobe the Rapist wrote:No doubt Kobe has spectacular moments ... but he also still has inconsistencies.

Even as someone who absolutely hates Kobe as a Player, and am disgusted by him so far as a person ... I won't deny his talent.

But I personally felt that KG should have been MVP for the year ... he lifted his team further than they'd ever gone before ... and did it relatively on his own.

I felt that KG's consistancy throughout the year, as well as his importance to his team deserved more recognition than he got.

While i do agree with some of your post ...... I have to strongly disagree that KG lifted his team further than they have ever gone before, they lost in the first round again, for like the 6 year in a row, that has to be approaching some kinda record for playoff futility ........however i do agree Kevin deserved more recognition
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:28 pm

That's true in terms of overall Playoff success ... but even lakers fans can't tell me that they weren't a bit surprised by the intensity that KG came with this year.

I really never believed that the T'wolves would pull off the win in the series with the Lakers, but in every other year gone by, it would have been just another sweep for the Lakers ... and KG would have been shaking his head again.

This year, with just a bit more luck, it could have potentially been the T'wolves squeaking their way out of that series.
Kobe's Therapist

Return to The Graveyard