27%
1st round and 1 game
18%
2 rounds
25%

Total votes : 55

How Many games does MWP miss?

Postby TalkieWalkie on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:53 am

We were due for one of these Ron Artest type situations... Amazing that it didn't happen before...
So how long do you think we lose him for ? Judging by the video..2-3 games minimum.., but with Ron's past history... This is unpredictable... Not to mention Stern is itching to find more ways to sabotage the Lakers...
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Re: How Many games does MWP miss?

Postby John3:16 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:55 am

What I think it should be and what I think it will be are 2 entirely different things.

I think it should be anywhere from 2 - 5 games. Any combination and I wouldn't really care.

I think it will be 10 more more games.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby SK8 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:06 am

2-3 games, and some money i think.....
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby 24K GOLD on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:09 am

5 to 10 games and money.
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:10 am

KB24stk wrote:2-3 games, and some money i think.....

I hope so. More than that and we are in trouble.
denimPortugal

Postby 24K GOLD on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:11 am

He's not going to be suspended for a round because his suspension would have an arbitrary number of games.

24K GOLD

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:17 am

A 10 games suspension minimum given the fact that Drew got 5 for his hit on Barea ... there is no way he's getting less because of his past history and every media crying about it

I believe the league wants to avoid any potential re-match this season and with a good possibilty of a Lakers -OKC 2nd round , 15 games is my guess
wcsoldier81

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:10 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Stern suspends him unfairly for the rest of the playoffs. OKC is his pet team and crown jewel. Not to mention Im sure he'll want some buzz after the NHL and NFL commishes came down hard on their players for dirty play.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:26 am

This poll is weird. The suspension will be handed down in the form of games not rounds.

There are a lot of folks here who are trying to set up the "NBA/Stern hates the Lakers" silly propaganda by posting things in other threads like "he should get no more than 5 games max" but if MWP doesn't get more than 5 games, then that would actually be an example of the NBA showing favoritism more than anything.

Drew got 5 games for his hit on Barea. Think about that for a moment. Bynum's hit was a frustration hit that occurred in a game where his Lakers had played very poorly, were all but eliminated from the postseason, and it happened while the ball was in play and he was playing defense. The hit was also a forearm shiver to the chest.

Contrast that with what Metta did. Frustration hit like Bynum's. Occurred early in a game that you can't say the Lakers were out of so no reason to be frustrated there, he wasn't playing poorly, and it did not occur while the ball was in play. In fact, it occurred after MWP had scored a basket and play was stopped. The hit was also an elbow to the ear/head area and Harden didn't really have a chance to see it coming either.

I hope Metta doesn't get a punishment at all, but based on what I have seen, there is no way it could be 5 games or less (and if it is, we should consider ourselves lucky if not a beneficiary of potential favoritism by the league since it is the playoffs) and will more likely be somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-10.
JGC

Postby Sirron on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:30 am

My sources tell me he'll be out for the rest of the playoffs
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby brickshooter on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:43 am

1 Game based on merrit.

The entire playoff based on reputation.

If it was Robin Lopez, then no games. See link at 0:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDzFz-O ... re=related
brickshooter

Postby 24K GOLD on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:46 am

brickshooter wrote:1 Game based on merrit.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Blake Griffin flopped. Ron made a nasty hit. Don't be blind fella.

24K GOLD

Postby brickshooter on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:59 am

24K GOLD wrote:
brickshooter wrote:1 Game based on merrit.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Blake Griffin flopped. Ron made a nasty hit. Don't be blind fella.

Seems like your hatred is making you blind.
brickshooter

Postby kray28 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:01 am

JGC wrote:This poll is weird. The suspension will be handed down in the form of games not rounds.

There are a lot of folks here who are trying to set up the "NBA/Stern hates the Lakers" silly propaganda by posting things in other threads like "he should get no more than 5 games max" but if MWP doesn't get more than 5 games, then that would actually be an example of the NBA showing favoritism more than anything.

Drew got 5 games for his hit on Barea. Think about that for a moment. Bynum's hit was a frustration hit that occurred in a game where his Lakers had played very poorly, were all but eliminated from the postseason, and it happened while the ball was in play and he was playing defense. The hit was also a forearm shiver to the chest.

Contrast that with what Metta did. Frustration hit like Bynum's. Occurred early in a game that you can't say the Lakers were out of so no reason to be frustrated there, he wasn't playing poorly, and it did not occur while the ball was in play. In fact, it occurred after MWP had scored a basket and play was stopped. The hit was also an elbow to the ear/head area and Harden didn't really have a chance to see it coming either.

I hope Metta doesn't get a punishment at all, but based on what I have seen, there is no way it could be 5 games or less (and if it is, we should consider ourselves lucky if not a beneficiary of potential favoritism by the league since it is the playoffs) and will more likely be somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-10.

Fish got a one playoff game for his playoff hit on Scola....it was arguably just as vicious and was definitely pre-meditated. Thought it was fair.

In a fair world, Ron is out for Thursday's Sacto game, and then back with the team for the playoffs.

It would be great if a regular season infraction were served in the regular season as well. Don't let something like this influence the outcome of the playoffs. But doing something like suspending him for the entire playoffs will penalize the Lakers immeasurably.

Ron's past history is distant history....Malice at the Palace happened over 7 years ago. Yes, people still remember it, but Ron's been a veritably good citizen since that time and has worked hard to rebuild his reputation.
kray28

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:04 am

He will get 15 games but it will be for the Sacto game and the games in the next season. He will be able to play in the playoffs.

Note: The number of games isn't what I think. I think he should get anywhere from 2-5 games. The 15 games stems from the NBA making an example of this. (Like they should do with flopping)
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:14 am

Lordy. I said first round and one (Sacto). I think it will still be in number of games and I'm guessing 4-7 games.

Looking back again and again last night, Harden initiated the contact and was stupid to do it. In the old days he would have gotten booted from the game but that's about it.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Thenextgreat on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:18 am

Rest of the season and playoffs
Thenextgreat

Postby jlkr on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 am

Have to remember Bynum's 5 game suspension was based on his history. He had previously received two games for the hit on Beasley and I seem to recall a similar incident before that but not remembering now. So past history does play a factor in the length of these punishments. So given MWP's history, even though he's been on relatively good behavior the last few years, I expect at least the Sacramento game and the first round. But my initial WAG was 10 regular season games, Sacramento and the 1st 9 next season PLUS the first round of the playoffs. But there is still the scary possibility that they will simply throw the book at MWP: ban him for the entire playoffs. That would be total overkill, but Stern could do it...
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:23 am

Really hope it's less than 5 games but with the league the way it is it'll prob be 10 games (which will be our entire playoff run). I hope they watch the replay in real time NOT slomo bc it looks way worse in slow motion. also no need to bring up his past of over 8 years. The man has worked very hard changing his imagine on and off the court while still playing high level D with his recent improvement in his game. He done a lot for the community for the past couple years in LA, and charity for mental illness (auctioning off ring...etc).

really hope stern doesn't think of Ron's past and looks at the image he's worked hard on for MWP and what hes done charity wise to show he's changing. 5 games would be fair and understandable. anymore and it would be against not only MWP but also the Lakers championship hopes. well need him 2nd round
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:39 am

Did we need another thread for this?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:40 am

5 to 8 games. But I think it'll be somewhere between 10-15 games the way everyone is making it seem like he's a monster.
King of Clutch

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 am

ktate14 wrote:Rest of the season and playoffs

i'm afraid that might be the message Stern sends out with this suspension
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby XXIV on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:53 am

Did anything similar happen this year, so that we have something to compare it to?
XXIV

Postby King of Clutch on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:57 am

XXIV wrote:Did anything similar happen this year, so that we have something to compare it to?

so many. Just ask blake griffin. lol
King of Clutch

Postby GoatMilk16 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:01 am

intentional or not, the replay looks really really really bad
idk if they can do the "entire playoffs". because it could end up being a 20+ game suspension and even a 4 game suspension. has to be a set number
GoatMilk16

Next

Return to The Graveyard