Infatuation vs Love

Re: Infatuation vs Love

Postby ladam24 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Finwë wrote:
Phil XI wrote:When you turn off the 'Dwight trade is literally happening NOW' news cycle on Thurs night for an hour to go upstairs with your wife, it's still love. And I'm in my 50's.

hmmm.. I did go out with her Thursday night, but before going out I ignored a call to check this forum for news on Howard lol..

I see no problem with this. At all.

Reminds me of the Larry David TiVo call. :man10:
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby blakeruns on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:55 am

John3:16 wrote:
revgen wrote:When you're willing to run into a burning building to save that person and not think twice before you do it, then it's love.

Co-sign this. Infatuation / lust comes and goes rather quickly. If you're in love, that persons needs will come before your own.

Another good indicator is the first sign of trouble. If it's just infatuation, you won't stick around to endure the trouble. Real love will bring you closer during the dark times.

if you ever have a nightmare where your lady is in peril, you're in love
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:51 pm

ladam24 wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Phil XI wrote:When you turn off the 'Dwight trade is literally happening NOW' news cycle on Thurs night for an hour to go upstairs with your wife, it's still love. And I'm in my 50's.

hmmm.. I did go out with her Thursday night, but before going out I ignored a call to check this forum for news on Howard lol..

I see no problem with this. At all.

Reminds me of the Larry David TiVo call. :man10:

:man10:
That's not necessarily good, they got separated shortly after that lol
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Aaaand my world comes crushing down. :man6:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:01 pm

No need to discuss it btw. I don't know why I posted that here. I don't want to talk about it. But I've never felt this bad before.

LOCK PLEASE.
Finwë

Postby Barnstable on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:55 pm

As you command.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby blakeruns on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:32 pm

sad to see the way this turned out, keep your head up
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns