Iverson interested in backing up Nash

Re: Iverson interested in backing up Nash

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:00 am

Problem with AI is he's a volume shooter, even more than Kobe. You put him in the bench mob, and he'll jack up 20+ shots in a backup role. Maybe he hits 35% of them, which is 14 points. The problem is he's a ball stopper, so your bench probably gets those 14 points at that's it. Total.

He probably doesn't have the speed to get to the rim anymore, so he's stuck with that fading jumper.

I'm willing to bet that all he has going for him now is that he's not afraid to shoot.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby escobar8 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:52 am

14 points is still more than our whole bench scored last year...plus i.am sure he wouldnt go gunning...he would control himself on this team...
I dont say we need to sign him but we must to give him camp invitation,there is nothing to lose...
escobar8

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:00 am

eltoro wrote:People, we don't need Iverson. He would be a bad influence on the team. He smokes marijuana for god sake. That's against the drug policy and could get the whole team in trouble.

Yep convinced this guy is the greatest troll ever now. I knew the whole Jeff Goldblum thing was too good to be true. And watch how he'll respond to this still pretending to act like he has no idea what I'm talking about.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby eltoro on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:20 am

Guys, guys. Just chill out ok? All I was saying was that Iverson is a repeat offender of the league drug policy. We all saw how Marijuana cut short that football player's career, Ricky Williams. And we don't need another Len Bias death in the NBA, god bless his soul. Marijuana leads to other drugs like cocaine.

And Iverson would be a bad influence to our players, especially the younger players and we don't need our guys getting busted for drugs because of Iverson sharing marijuana in the locker room. And to the guy that claimed 1/2 of the NBA is on Marijuana... No. I don't think so. There is no proof of this. Still, we don't need to have Iverson smoking dope and sharing it. That is what happens with drugs like marijuana and that would get other players in trouble too.
eltoro

Postby Magic Skywalker on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:34 am

Coming up next: Tracy McGrady rumors! :jam2:
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Congo Cash on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:40 am

eltoro wrote: Marijuana leads to other drugs like cocaine..

This gateway drug theory has been debunked time and time again...

But regardless of whether he smokes (like it matters :man11: )or not, I don't want him because for starters I prefer someone who is younger than 37 and can shoot... Iverson is neither...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby retro_nights on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:57 am

eltoro wrote:Guys, guys. Just chill out ok? All I was saying was that Iverson is a repeat offender of the league drug policy. We all saw how Marijuana cut short that football player's career, Ricky Williams. And we don't need another Len Bias death in the NBA, god bless his soul. Marijuana leads to other drugs like cocaine.

And Iverson would be a bad influence to our players, especially the younger players and we don't need our guys getting busted for drugs because of Iverson sharing marijuana in the locker room. And to the guy that claimed 1/2 of the NBA is on Marijuana... No. I don't think so. There is no proof of this. Still, we don't need to have Iverson smoking dope and sharing it. That is what happens with drugs like marijuana and that would get other players in trouble too.

You do realize one of our previous team captains, Lamar Odom, was guilty of everything you stated above? And we won two championships with him. With the same reputation. You know Kareem smoked too? How many MVP's and rings did he get?

Also, when did Iverson fail any drug test? Multiple times? I dont remember that.
---
Team lakers
retro_nights

Postby trodgers on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:05 am

Congo Cash wrote:
eltoro wrote: Marijuana leads to other drugs like cocaine..

This gateway drug theory has been debunked time and time again...

But regardless of whether he smokes (like it matters :man11: )or not, I don't want him because for starters I prefer someone who is younger than 37 and can shoot... Iverson is neither...

Far off topic, but I don't think it's been debunked. There are some alarmingly bad arguments that aim to debunk it though. If you want to discuss it, we can move to OC.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Sirron on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:08 am

Gents, the link I found was removed. I don't even think this is a legit discussion. I haven't seen this anywhere else on the web. Sorry for the apparent misleading topic.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Previous

Return to The Graveyard