Just give us the trophy now!

Just give us the trophy now!

Postby kanderus on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:15 pm

The Lakers are once again the team to beat. Yes, I know that the season has not begun yet..but honestly I think the club has done a great job of addressing the issues of last season and fixing them. Some may say we have too many stars on this club, and players will end up unhappy. I feel the opposite. I feel like the team as a whole knows what it wants, and that is another championship!

Last season, in the playoffs we were inconsistent on D. Now we have 2x DPOY Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, The Mamba, and we still have Pau Gasol. We could have, and should have easily been up 3-1 vs. the Thunder. I feel the main reason for us losing those narrow games was bad D, mostly by Bynum. After Game 1 vs. the Nuggets I thought we were golden...but alas we were not. Sure, one of those game vs. the Thunder was lost due to bad pass from Pau (and IMO Kobe SHOULD have hung on to the ball.) but had we grabbed one more defensive rebound, or blocked one more shot that game would have been drastically different. Hell, even game 5 Kobe did all he could to win...but poor D lead to another loss. The Thunder should have been stifled.

I feel Howard is the main assett we have acquired that will make our D strong again. Some may argue that he is an egomaniac...but I feel that Howard was over being in Orlando. We was over his coach and he made no hesitation in stating that he WANTED to be a Laker. I think he will play harder than ever for the Lakers, and be our best Center since Shaq...he might even rival KAJ, but that may just be wishful thinking.

All in all I have this to say: GO LAKERS GO!!! Lets get one more championship and let the Mamba retire into the sunset on the highest note possible.
kanderus

Re: Just give us the trophy now!

Postby khmrP on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 pm

I dont like your thread title :disagree:
khmrP

Postby Kit on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Please don't give us the trophy now. I wanna watch some games first. :bang:
Kit

Postby BDG on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Sorry, but I hate threads like these ...

Let's play the games first.

(lock?)
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 pm

BDG wrote:Sorry, but I hate threads like these ...

Let's play the games first.

(lock?)

+1. Anti-jinx!! Lock it up.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:52 pm

I love the idea, but this is easily middle of a thread material.

IB4L homie :BDG:
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby basketboy on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:56 pm

all i know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything.
basketboy

Postby nameant on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Gotta go with the classic here...

Cool story bro.
nameant

Postby Weezy on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:01 pm

I appreciate the optimism I really do, love the confidence as well, but this just doesn't warrant it's own thread, it could have gone in many others. Aside from that despite loving the optimism I have to say I personally feel it's going to be a lot harder than just handing us the trophy, it almost always is.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard