Is Kobe Bryant a ball hog?

1) Yes - He has been selfish for many stretches and hurting the team
70%
2) No - I'm a Kobe fan and think he's never at fault
30%

Total votes : 10

Is Kobe Bryant a ball hog?

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:48 pm

I've been trying to keep it in but can't any longer. It makes me sick watching Kobe play sometimes because he literally doesn't give a sh*t about passing the ball in stretches. He is hurting the team half the time because he is literally playing 1 on 5. Yeah, the other times when he makes those difficult shots, it looks good and he feels even better about himself and he tries to do it all over again. But the guy is ignoring our twin towers down low. They should be our bread and butter and Kobe should pick his spots when the team needs it. That's the definition of a true ATG. Someone who makes the team better. Not just someone who scores by taking a ton of shots. Dominique Wilkins and Tracy McGrady could do that. True legends make teammates better. I hold Kobe to a higher standard. He's better than just a selfish scorer. He is someone who can make his teammates look much better when he decides he wants to be a team player. I haven't seen that for most of this year.

It's been hard for me to watch the Lakers this year because i know Kobe isn't giving our team the best chance to win. I just get the sense that Kobe knows this team isn't good enough to win it all so he's just trying to "get his" while the getting is good. And that makes me sick. And i bet you deep inside most of his teammates feel that he's been a bal hog this year also.

Thoughts?
Lets Go Lakers

Re: Is Kobe Bryant a ball hog?

Postby bystander on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Awesone pool, objective with the answers.

Quality thread.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby Steve on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:55 pm

Yeah, you know what? I want Fish to take 3 more shots, maybe MWP could take a few more shots, he really stretches the floor. This thread can't be serious...
Steve

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Ball hogs don't averages 5 assists a game. He'd be averaging even more if he had guys who could consistently knock down shots which he obviously doesn't.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby last stand on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:01 pm

Lol biggest fail poll ever. You'd think fox news organized this guys thought process
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Steve on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:02 pm

last stand wrote:Lol biggest fail poll ever. You'd think fox news organized this guys thought process

Well done...
Steve

Postby thkthebest on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:10 pm

He's a ball hog because 2 of the 4 options he can pass it to are Fisher and Artest.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Yes and no but God dayum, OP's obvious agenda is obvious. Rather than lock this thread could a mod add a third option for "is this a stupidly biased thread?"
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby ThizGuy83 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Jacks3 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Obvious agenda is obvious. 5 rings.
Jacks3

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Bias thread is bias..
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:28 pm

If it saves us from seeing MWP shoot 3's and throw up garbage and Fisher bricking 3's and making layups look like rocket science than by all means Kobe fire away.

Simple as that...
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:32 pm

I have no agenda. It's just my honest opinion on the matter. And i'm not the only Laker fan to feel this way. Some people are fans of the team first before any single player.

A lot of it is management's fault for doing a bunch of dumb things like letting LO go for nothing, not bringing in youth/athleticism, hiring Mike Brown over Brian Shaw, hiring Norm MacDonald and John Ireland, etc. Just everything has been going the wrong way for this franchise since Buss Jr. took over.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:I have no agenda. It's just my honest opinion on the matter. And i'm not the only Laker fan to feel this way. Some people are fans of the team first before any single player.

A lot of it is management's fault for doing a bunch of dumb things like letting LO go for nothing, not bringing in youth/athleticism, hiring Mike Brown over Brian Shaw, hiring Norm MacDonald and John Ireland, etc. Just everything has been going the wrong way for this franchise since Buss Jr. took over.

What has Shaw done to prove he's a better candidate than Brown? Brown isn't the problem it's a lack of talent around the big 3.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:38 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:I have no agenda. It's just my honest opinion on the matter. And i'm not the only Laker fan to feel this way. Some people are fans of the team first before any single player.

What has Shaw done to prove he's a better candidate than Brown? Brown isn't the problem it's a lack of talent around the big 3.

It's not rocket science. It's about timing. Shaw was groomed to replace PJ. With this team, it made the most sense to transition to a familiar system with a familiar coach. It's not a knock on Brown, it's more a knock on management for not sticking with Shaw.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby lotus on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 pm

Doc Brown wrote:If it saves us from seeing MWP shoot 3's and throw up garbage and Fisher bricking 3's and making layups look like rocket science than by all means Kobe fire away.

Simple as that...

+1
lotus

Postby Barnstable on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Lol, I voted for #2 just because :man10:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 pm

great thread!
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby D.B. Cooper on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:44 pm

My goodness, these threads take me back to 2006.
D.B. Cooper

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:48 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:My goodness, these threads take me back to 2006.

Kobe's play this year reminds me of those days. But that was a younger Kobe who still didn't know how to truly make his teammates better but was a great individual talent. That excuse is no longer valid at this point of his career after he proved staring 2007-08 that he could make his teammates better at the highest level and was truly an ATG and not a mid-tier ATG. There's no excuse for Kobe to be so selfish at this stage of his career unless if he's that selfish.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby The Original 81 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:

Kobe's play this year reminds me of those days. But that was a younger Kobe who still didn't know how to truly make his teammates better but was a great individual talent. That excuse is no longer valid at this point of his career after he proved staring 2007-08 that he could make his teammates better at the highest level and was truly an ATG and not a mid-tier ATG. There's no excuse for Kobe to be so selfish at this stage of his career unless if he's that selfish.

I love when people say he "figured" it out in 07-08. Its definitely not a coincidence that that's the year he finally had some help around him.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:04 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:

I love when people say he "figured" it out in 07-08. Its definitely not a coincidence that that's the year he finally had some help around him.

He didn't really make his teammates better up until around that time. There is a difference between being a great individual talent who can score and being a great scorer who can also make his teammates better by picking his spots when the team needs it and not dominating the ball. Remember Kobe from early last year when the whole world agreed Kobe was the MVP? When he would get 40 points and you would be shocked he had 40? That's called being truly great. Kobe was simply picking his spots and getting his teammates involved and when the team needed a score or two, he got it done. He was setting up easy baskets for his teammates by drawing the double and when the team needed a score or two, he would take good shots. That's making the team better.
This year, Kobe reminds me more of 2006 Kobe than 2010 Kobe.
Lets Go Lakers

Return to The Graveyard