Kobe's mental state

Kobe's mental state

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:34 pm

This has been bugging me.

I hope I don't get banned for this, but I was wondering....

There's all this talk about HER mental state when this happened....which has been shown to be unbalanced and has the potential to destroy the case.....

....what about KOBE'S for sleeping with her?

I mean, he had to have had a momentary lapse of self-control to do what he did. (Not that I'm condoning adultery at all, because I believe it is wrong and only God handles that....but that's another issue.)

I mean, I love the guy to pieces and fully believe he didn't rape this girl, but I'm wondering about his mental state.

Just a thought.
Last edited by NawlinsLakerFan on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby THOR on Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:21 pm

If you spend too much time around Los Angeles, the aura of the city will eat your soul, and the energy will devour your brain.
THOR

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:39 pm

THOR wrote:If you spend too much time around Los Angeles, the aura of the city will eat your soul, and the energy will devour your brain.

Thor, I don't live in LA. :man10: And I kind of don't get your point.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm quite frankly wondering about Kobe's mental state, especially now, but even before this incident. I have read numerous articles which state this guy does not take losses very well. (i.e., losing the championship, the shoulder/knee surgeries, etc.) I forget where, but there was an article which said he didn't come home immediately after the Lakers lost to the Spurs, he was working out....I've read reports that he didn't tell the team he was having surgery on his knee. I'm conjecturing from this that, at least for the couple days before this incident, he had to be operating in some kind of mental fog. It happens to all of us. Not that I'm excusing his behavior....but it happens. I do realize he brought this on himself for making this poor decision, but the psychologist in me wants to try to figure out why.
It kind of makes me wonder, why would this guy, who seems to have everything, risk it all for a few minutes of illicit passion? I mean, he's known as a risktaker on the court, but damm....
I saw him Friday at the press conference with the shaved head and no facial hair. He looked scared, he looked vulnerable. He looked like he's lost weight and hasn't slept.

I fully believe in his innocence and want the truth to come out but....just wondering what everybody else thinks about this issue.
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:06 am

Don't worry about being banned or thrown out.

Feel free to open your mind and state what you feel. Remember...come strong, come often.

You made some very interesting points. Ideas that I never thought before. I've also heard through sports talk show and radio programs, tha Kobe does not take losing easily. So your theory could be possible.

You are right.....why would he risk it all for minutes of passion. That's hard to believe. Maybe for the average guy, if the same exact thing happened to us...well we will jump on the chance. Free p*ssy is good p*ssy.

But for Kobe...the chance of risking the love of a gorgeous wife, the respect of the world, a career that could one day be the best basketball will ever seen, and millions of dollars of endorsement...the risk is greater.

For the average joe, the risk is not that great.

Great thinking, nawlins!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby pltan on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:23 am

Well...don't throw the bombs at me......

But it's possible this isn't the first time Kobe has cheated....although it's the first time the public has found out.
pltan

Postby Reddy on Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:15 am

pltan wrote:Well...don't throw the bombs at me......

But it's possible this isn't the first time Kobe has cheated....although it's the first time the public has found out.

hey man i heard on teh ticket they said the same thing it siad these acts of adultery teh moves involved were smart and looks like this wasnt new to kobe......
dam man i donno hope not :man5:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby pltan on Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:21 am

Right, earlier people were saying Kobe was seen in the lobby all relaxed not thirty minutes after the alleged incident. But it's now been proven Kobe was in the lobby after cheating on his wife.
pltan

Postby ELF on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:02 am

This is the best and most intelligent question I've heard so far regarding this topic. Kobe mental state, but don't get it twisted the DA will ask that same question and can use that against Kobe. He will try to show that Kobe wasn't the Kobe we see on the basketball court and doing the interviews, that this Kobe was calculating and disturbed. One example that will show Kobe mentally was disturbed; is the fact that he had sex with a complete stranger without wearing a condom. Now you confuse your love for your wife, but you go out and have sex with a young lady you know nothing about. And, you do so without using a condom

Also, for you all who think this was Kobe first time cheating; you have to be out of your mind. Kobe has done this before. And, it will come out in court. If the DA is any good at his job, that will be the first question. Mr. Bryant is this the first time you cheated on your wife. This will show that Kobe has a dark side.

I keep hearing everyone stating, that this young lady wouldn't hold up in court. Well the same thing goes for Kobe. When your on that stand the gloves are off.
ELF

Kobe's mental state

Postby luvlyleo on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:02 am

If you want to question Kobe's mental state about being guilty for adultery then you would have to question the mental state of half of the men in the United States (including Clinton). Obviously he made a mistake, which we all make mistakes, but I do not believe he raped her. The reason her mental state is questioned more is because the average person does not attempt to commit suicide just because they had a bad break up with their boyfriend.
luvlyleo

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:17 am

EmbarrassedLakerFan wrote:This is the best and most intelligent question I've heard so far regarding this topic. Kobe mental state, but don't get it twisted the DA will ask that same question and can use that against Kobe. He will try to show that Kobe wasn't the Kobe we see on the basketball court and doing the interviews, that this Kobe was calculating and disturbed. One example that will show Kobe mentally was disturbed; is the fact that he had sex with a complete stranger without wearing a condom. Now you confuse your love for your wife, but you go out and have sex with a young lady you know nothing about. And, you do so without using a condom

Umm. How do you know he didn't wear a condom? As far as I know That info wasn't disclosed to the public (unless I missed something).
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby ELF on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:20 am

Just watch MSNBC. I watched that program all weekend and it floored me when a former DA in Colorado with significant knowledge of the case stated that Kobe didn't wear a condom. If he did that would be even harder to prove he raped her. How many rapist you know or have heard of using a condom?
ELF

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:52 am

You know, I still think it's all still speculation. All these so called expert witnesses seem to just be wanting their 10 minutes of fame. I ask you, how can a former D.A. have knowledge of a current case? That doesn't make sense. If this guy does have knowledge, he got it from a current member of the D.A.'s Office unethically. Which raises even more speculation as to the ethics of the law enforcement in Eagle Colorado. Any info on this case is strictly confidential and should not be shared with anyone not directly associated with the D.A.'s Office or this case. The D.A. working on this case would notcollaborate with a former D.A. on the case and even if he did that former D.A. wouldn't be on talk shows spilling his guts on the case. This guy is full of [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Lakerqueen on Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 am

EmbarrassedLakerFan wrote:Also, for you all who think this was Kobe first time cheating; you have to be out of your mind. Kobe has done this before. And, it will come out in court. If the DA is any good at his job, that will be the first question. Mr. Bryant is this the first time you cheated on your wife. This will show that Kobe has a dark side.

I keep hearing everyone stating, that this young lady wouldn't hold up in court. Well the same thing goes for Kobe. When your on that stand the gloves are off.

Here's the thing, even if it isn't the first time Kobe has cheated on Vanessa and that comes out in court, all it proves is his infidelity. That doesn't mean he's more likely to have raped this girl.

EmbarrassedLakerFan wrote:Just watch MSNBC. I watched that program all weekend and it floored me when a former DA in Colorado with significant knowledge of the case stated that Kobe didn't wear a condom. If he did that would be even harder to prove he raped her. How many rapist you know or have heard of using a condom?

I heard this guy talking too... he didn't say that Kobe wasn't wearing a condom... he was just talking about possibilities.
Lakerqueen

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:55 am

ELF, does bring up a good point on Kobe's mental state...especially after being married at the expense of disapproval from his parents, marrying so early and it clearly being his choice, and just having your first baby not even 7 months ago....Does this prove his mental state as a raper??? HELL NO...but does it question his mental state as an adulterer....absolutely. With all that he has going...you really have to wonder why he slept with a complete stranger that he had only known for an hour. He checked in at 10:15 PM and they started knockin boots at around 11:15 PM....how can Kobe fall for a girl that he doesn't know sooo fast....where he would risk his marriage and baby in the process....it really makes you think of whether he was used to this kind of thing before....he is a good looking wealthy basketball player that is on the road away from his wife for the majority of the season....how could this be his first situation especially since it happened sooo fast....he had to have been used to it from previous situations.....Now don't get me wrong, I would never accuse Kobe of such a thing...but it has to definitely be in the back of everybody's mind.
I am 100% positive, and this is going on my gut instinct, that this sexual encounter was strictly consensual, but got ugly at the end when Kobe realized what he had done. If...and I am strongly suggesting IF....he has done this before with other women, they probably don't question Kobe not wanting to do anything with them after the dirty deed has been done. This girl, however, is known to act irrationally if she does not get the same commitment from a guy that she commits to. She committed herself to her ex-boyfriend, but then a month ago, she returns from her first year in college to find that her boyfriend had been cheating on her....she goes totally suicidal and starts poppin pills......the same could have happened the night in question.....Kobe showed her the door, but she just gave up herself to him physically and thought that something would come out of it....Kobe probably reiterated that he was married and in love with his wife at which point, the girl felt that she had lost another relationship that she was ready to commit to. Being fed up, she plotted on revenge and she did have the leverage of sleeping with Kobe to carry it out. Just recently she really showed how vengeful she really is towards Kobe, by telling the NY Post that she wants to see Kobe in jail and it made her sick to her stomach to see Kobe cry at his news conference...I mean wouldn't a true rape victim be truly horrified of her assaulter and say such things as I didn't watch his press conference because his image just terrifies me...

So not only do we have d when Kobe realized what he had done. If...and I am strongly suggesting IF....he has done this before with other women, they probably don't question Kobe not wanting to do anything with them after the dirty deed has been done. This girl, however, is known to act irrationally if she does not get the same commitment from a guy that she commits to. She committed herself to her ex-boyfriend, but then a month ago, she returns from her first year in college to find that her boyfriend had been cheating on her....she goes totally suicidal and starts poppin pills......the same could have happened the night in question.....Kobe showed her the door, but she just gave up herself to him physically and thought that something would come out of it....Kobe probably reiterated that he was married and in love with his wife at which point, the girl felt that she had lost another relationship that she was ready to commit to. Being fed up, she plotted on revenge and she did have the leverage of sleeping with Kobe to carry it out. Just recently she really showed how vengeful she really is towards Kobe, by telling the NY Post that she wants to see Kobe in jail and it made her sick to her stomach to see Kobe cry at his news conference...I mean wouldn't a true rape victim be truly horrified of her assaulter and say such things as I didn't watch his press conference because his image just terrifies me...

So not only do we have to question her mental state, even though now it has gotten a little clearer...we really have understand Kobe's mental state.
I mean why would Kobe put at risk a wife that he clearly loves and a baby girl that represents their love?
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby ELF on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:02 pm

Vasashi17, that was well put. That exactly what I was trying to communicate with everyone. Thanks for the help!
ELF

Postby Jamaican Laker Fan on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:06 pm

That's a very good point. Kobe has probably committed adultery before. In fact, I would bet on it. Some posts say that he watched a movie afterwards and was seen in the lobby later chatting and relaxing. It doesn't sound like the behaviour of a first -time adulterer. The man sounds practised and confident.

I don't see that hurting him in court though; being a careful cheater means that you pick up a willing party who won't talk about it. It will give his clean-cut image a bigger beating but goes against the idea of him committing rape. To commit adultery successully requires secrecy and a minimum of trouble. I hope he has told his wife about all of his adventures before the preliminary hearing, or trial (if it goes that far), for the sake of his marriage or he may be back in court real soon. {Kobe..., say goodbye to Sprite and McDonald's; Nike and Spalding will probably stay}.

Got to agree with Vasashi17 that the girl is hurting her case by saying in the press that she felt sick to her stomach watching Kobe deny rape. It does sound spiteful and vengeful, as if she was dumped and not as though she was traumatised by the rape. I would imagine if someone raped you you wouldn't want to even see them, and you surely wouldn't be hanging on to every word the person said at a press conference.
Jamaican Laker Fan

Postby pltan on Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:23 pm

I too believe Kobe has commited adultery before, this probably isn't the first time.

I hate to play devil's advocate, but prior to his admitting consensual sex. I had believed Kobe was innocent of everything purely on his word alone. But now after having admitted to adultery, I was thinking. Should I as a Laker fan, and also a citizen of the world that believes in justice, believe Kobe is innocent of rape purely on his word alone? After all he's willing to cheat and lie to his wife, the mother of his child. Couldn't he just as easily lie to his fans? We all think we know Kobe, but do we? I'm sure Vanessa thought she knew him better than anyone else, and he'd never cheat on her.......right?

edit: I'm not saying he's guilty, I hope he's not...... what I'm saying is perhaps we should re-evaluate ourselves and the reasons we believe in his innocence.
pltan

Postby soniclude on Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:05 pm

Jamaican Laker Fan wrote:That's a very good point. Kobe has probably committed adultery before. In fact, I would bet on it. Some posts say that he watched a movie afterwards and was seen in the lobby later chatting and relaxing. It doesn't sound like the behaviour of a first -time adulterer. The man sounds practised and confident.
Ironically, if it comes out that he's done this before and he's experienced at it, that just makes his case a whole lot better. It wasn't just some spontaneous thing that might have gotten out of hand... if he's done it before and all those past girls never took him to court, what's so different this time around?

Of course, it sucks to think that he's done this before... but then again, like pltan said: we don't really KNOW Kobe. He could have done alot more if he was willing to do what he already admitted to...
ImageImage
soniclude

Return to The Graveyard