Kobe the Closer

Re: Kobe the Closer

Postby davriver290 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Kobe is more clutch than the entire Thunder team.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby checkers09 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby therealdeal on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:03 pm

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:17 pm

checkers09 wrote:

Just sick :jam2:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
worldjunction wrote:Not for attention. My way of venting. U don't have to view the thread. How stupid u must be if u know I post here. Pretty easy to not give me attention.

Yes call me stupid....

I'm not the one bumping, "Kobe the Closer", in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Seriously, why is the guy who apparently doesn't understand the meaning of "closing" / "to close" / "closer" the one who creates a thread called "Kobe the Closer"?
In the last page this thread became a Kobe play-by-play analysis, and has been very far from referring strictly to "closing" since it's creation.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Forward Three on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:33 pm

It's been a bumpy year for Kobe in some ways, he is still highly capable and all but you also can't deny that we've started to see some 'cracks' begin to show. Still, he continues to amaze and in some ways it is almost that much more special after seeing a season of him not exactly struggling, but clearly full of more downturns than we're accustomed to.

I hope this translates well into the playoffs. Kobe has not always succeeded in the playoffs, but he's pretty much always been individually amazing, and that's always great to watch. We're going to miss this guy a lot when he's gone.
Forward Three

Postby kobe_mamba on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:37 am

soooo, is Kobe still a closer peeps??? i for one never doubted it, you don't doubt champions

lol, see my sig :jam2:
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby worldjunction on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:10 pm

I use the thread to vent and comment my thoughts... so sue me. As I mentioned, I have a quick link to the thread on my cell phone. :man13:
worldjunction

Postby Finwë on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:39 pm

worldjunction wrote:I use the thread to vent and comment my thoughts... so sue me. As I mentioned, I have a quick link to the thread on my cell phone. :man13:

but isn't it easier to use twitter? I mean, on twitter your comments are read by the people who WANT to follow you, not people that come in here looking for sound comments on Kobe's closing and find out this is a play-by-play analysis of his game during the second quarter or something..
Who needs to vent through writing posts? Can't you scream or do something else?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby worldjunction on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Finwe... how is your brother Ingwe doing?
worldjunction

Postby magicman32 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:34 pm

great shots by Kobe, it just saddens me that he is just a perimeter player nowadays.

I miss the explosive Kobe, now it's just fadeaways and jumpshots and threes.

No more drives and layups/dunks. So when his shot is off, it's a long night.
magicman32

Postby kanderus on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Except for that big alley-oop jam from Gasol on Sunday.
kanderus

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Kobe's troubles almost always come against long defenders now. He has the strength to push them around but he can't shoot over them and can't get around them anymore so if he can't create space and his jumper is off it just becomes a long night. Luckily he was able to get hot in the 4th though. Funny thing is guys like Artest never really bothered Kobe in his prime, actually Kobe used to shred Artest on a regular basis. But those long armed defenders just give him fits.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby kray28 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:45 pm

magicman32 wrote:great shots by Kobe, it just saddens me that he is just a perimeter player nowadays.

I miss the explosive Kobe, now it's just fadeaways and jumpshots and threes.

No more drives and layups/dunks. So when his shot is off, it's a long night.

Did you see how Westbrook, late in regulation and the OT, drove the ball to the rack and got calls everytime? That was with Kobe guarding him and getting illegally screened by Porkins. At the other end, Kobe was making insane level of difficulty shots (three pointer off one foot?).

Why was one guy going to the rack and shooting freethrows to tie up the game, while the other guy was making difficult perimeter shots?

It's really simple. Kobe could have driven to the rack too....it would have been a no call though.
kray28

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
worldjunction wrote:Not for attention. My way of venting. U don't have to view the thread. How stupid u must be if u know I post here. Pretty easy to not give me attention.

Yes call me stupid....

save your breath Doc Brown. The OP has some of the greatest overreactionary Kobe threads of all time. If Kobe misses a layup we will get a long thread about how he has wasted all his energy being married and having kids instead of bringing his game to a level that will make him the super-mostest-alltime-greatest ever.

It really strikes me as one of those "If I laugh at myself first then no one can laugh at me" type things.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:22 am

worldjunction wrote:Finwe... how is your brother Ingwe doing?

:man10: :man10:
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:34 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

Yes call me stupid....

save your breath Doc Brown. The OP has some of the greatest overreactionary Kobe threads of all time. If Kobe misses a layup we will get a long thread about how he has wasted all his energy being married and having kids instead of bringing his game to a level that will make him the super-mostest-alltime-greatest ever.

It really strikes me as one of those "If I laugh at myself first then no one can laugh at me" type things.

Well, that explains everything. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby worldjunction on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:13 pm

puffy... oh wait pdiddy. you're over exaggeration is funny. i had one over reaction kobe thread.

you on the other hand jump down the throat of anyone who even has constructive criticism. now... i am not necessarily a fan of DocBrown, BUT.. at least he has some good criticisms of kobe (most of which I agree with he might be surprised to know). you on the other hand... i've never seen say anything negative about kobe.
Last edited by worldjunction on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worldjunction

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:51 pm

worldjunction wrote:puffy... oh wait pdiddy. you're over exaggeration is funny. i had one over reaction kobe thread.

you on the other hand jump down the throat of anyone who even has constructive criticism. now... i am not necessarily a fan of DocBrown, BUT.. at least he has some good criticisms (most of which I agree with he might be surprised to know). you on the other hand... i've never seen say anything negative about kobe.

Really? Wow.

You don't give contructive criticism you give overreactionary threads. You post just to promote your own way left or right thinking. If you posted things within the realm of reality and constructive criticism many fans wouldn't "still" be laughing at your threads. Just as your assessments of Kobe are way off so is your assessments of my postings. The majority of my post are constructive and well thought out. I don't go on some tangent about how Kobe sucks and I may have to kill my dog because he has 3 bad games. I don't go have to go on suicide watch because Kobe isn't shooting 57.8% from the field in a game we are leading by 20.

Just be real your whole gimmick is nothing more than criticize Kobe. You don't post anything other than when he has bad games and if you do its to bump your own thread so you can feel special. When someone does tear apart your overreaction you get sensitive and start begging the Mod's to stop them from attacking you. Just like you did with Doc Brown when you called him "stupid" for responding to you.

Again, the motto of CL is "Come Strong or Stay Home" and unfortunately that isn't happening. I'll continue to call you out for your overreactions as long as you keep doing them plain and simple. And before you run to the Mod's it isn't baiting nor did I attack you. You called me out and I'm responding. The bonus is your thread gets another bump so you can be proud. :jam2:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby worldjunction on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:06 pm

puffy.. if you want to be blind to my posting history so be it. i can't make you see the reality (e.g. i have posted many times that i think kobe is second only to jordan AND more skilled than jordan... i have defended kobe numerous times in kobe vs. jordan or kobe vs. wade or kobe vs. lebron threads). you...just as you have blind hatred for anyone that criticizes kobe... are blind to anything but your own agenda.

fyi.. i post as a way to vent about my favorite player. by definition, venting is going to be negative. duh. it doesn't mean i don't like kobe (see many positive kobe posts by me).

Ps. I didn't ask the mods to do crap in my back and forth with doc brown.
Last edited by worldjunction on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worldjunction

Postby worldjunction on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Great game by Kobe. Set tone with his d. If Kobe plays hard d, the rest of the team follows.
worldjunction

Postby Finwë on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 pm

The justification for the existence of this thread was that this was supposed to be about how Kobe closes games / his performance in the clutch and what not..

There already is one general Kobe thread:
"Kobe Bryant Discussion (Playoff mode enabled)"
http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-discussion/kobe-bryant-discussion-playoff-mode-enabled-t106015-6540.html
Finwë

Postby worldjunction on Tue May 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Kobe didn't close very well tonight... BUT he played absolutely fantastic for the game.

PS. Finwe... pre-emptive strike there? BTW, I created this thread. I define closing not as just end of games. You can close out an opponent in the first quarter if you do the right things. If it will make you feel better, I can change the name of the thread?
worldjunction

Postby Doc Brown on Tue May 01, 2012 11:47 pm

worldjunction wrote:Kobe didn't close very well tonight... BUT he played absolutely fantastic for the game.

PS. Finwe... pre-emptive strike there? BTW, I created this thread. I define closing not as just end of games. You can close out an opponent in the first quarter if you do the right things. If it will make you feel better, I can change the name of the thread?

Read your original post and then get back to yourself.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby trodgers on Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 am

This is the NBA. You never close out an opponent in the first quarter.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard