Kobe the Closer

Re: Kobe the Closer

Postby basilhayden on Wed May 09, 2012 7:52 am

trodgers wrote:Kobe single-handedly kept closing the gap. I was blown away by the strength of his will.

6:08 in the third, Lakers down 9.
Kobe hits two FTs.
Kobe hits a layup.
Kobe htis a jumper.
Kobe hits a three.
With 3:03 left, Lakers down 3.
Lakers +6 in that 3:05.
Kobe takes no shots, has no TO the last 3:03.
Lakers end the quarter down 11.
Lakers -8 in that 3:03.

5:10 left in the fourth, Lakers down 13.
Kobe hits a 3.
Kobe hits a 3. (Lakers within 4 with 2:33 left).
Lakers +10 in that 2:37.
Kobe hits a 3. (Lakers within 3 with 1:25 left).
Lakers +1 in that 1:08.
Kobe hits a 3. (Lakers within 2 with 0:59 left).
Lakers +1 in that 0:26.

Bynum and Gasol have GOT to play tougher. That's our big three? Help Kobe. He did his job. What I don't understand is how you don't feed off that intensity.

I think they are used to standing around watching him do his thing. He has trained them to think he'll save them every time. Seriously.
basilhayden

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 09, 2012 7:57 am

TIME wrote:
worldjunction wrote:Great job by Kobe. Bad d by team

Really? That's all you've got to say?

LOL.. FUnny isn't it. Dude writes a book on how Kobe is stupid and sucks at random times but when he does all the stuff he is crying about you get gems like this one...lol. This kid is funny.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed May 09, 2012 8:05 am

I rather Kobe take the shots in crunch time whether I think he'll miss them or not, because the outcome can possibly turn out like yesterday where he makes the majority of the shots. If it's any player I'd want to play Russian roulette with it's Kobe. I love how he can shoot poor and them basically almost hit everything the second half. He's amazing to watch.
Jazzygirl205

Postby worldjunction on Wed May 09, 2012 9:59 pm

puffy...

you have to chill. i was on a business trip and my cell phone was running out of batteries. posted just before it ran out. All you do is POLICE my comments. You have no idea what is happening on my end. I'm glad I have a life where I don't constantly go into other threads where you post and NIT PICK every single thing. get a life. :man10:

kobe was awesome in the 4th last night. what more do you want me to say? do you want me to write a poem? Or compose a love song? how about a nasty limmerick?

kobe is BY FAR my favorite player of all time. So I'm cirtical of him. Big friggen deal. He is probably more critical of himself than I am of him. he knows when he plays bad... he knows he has NOT played great this year. in fact, he probably thinks he plays bad a heck of a lot more than the blind hero worshippers on this site like you.
worldjunction

Postby TIME on Wed May 09, 2012 10:10 pm

worldjunction wrote: the blind hero worshippers on this site like you.

Please take the time to read the first post in this thread:

http://www.clublakers.com/site-rules/rules-for-referring-fan-groups-opposing-view-points-t83987.html
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Sirron on Wed May 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Easy there dagger boy
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 09, 2012 11:34 pm

worldjunction wrote:puffy...

you have to chill. i was on a business trip and my cell phone was running out of batteries. posted just before it ran out. All you do is POLICE my comments. You have no idea what is happening on my end. I'm glad I have a life where I don't constantly go into other threads where you post and NIT PICK every single thing. get a life. :man10:

kobe was awesome in the 4th last night. what more do you want me to say? do you want me to write a poem? Or compose a love song? how about a nasty limmerick?

kobe is BY FAR my favorite player of all time. So I'm cirtical of him. Big friggen deal. He is probably more critical of himself than I am of him. he knows when he plays bad... he knows he has NOT played great this year. in fact, he probably thinks he plays bad a heck of a lot more than the blind hero worshippers on this site like you.

It is interesting how you come in, write a book trying to be clever and never actually address anything people say. However I'll show you how we respond to folks.

point 1: I police your comments! Wrong, I respond to others who waste their time pointing out your obvious obsession with Kobe. I hardly ever actually respond directly with you because lets face it even you don't know what your point is half the time.

It is also funny you would say "get a life" when it was you who confessed to having this thread marked so it would come right to your phone. It is you who confessed that you started a thread simply because of your own irrationality and need for somewhere that was created "just by you" to "vent". Yup, I need to get a life. Nice try.

Point 2: What do I want you to write? Nothing. Your gimmick got old to most people a long time ago. I am sure you could write all of those about Kobe when he doesn't do the things you want. You have proven that a fans obsession of a player can go beyond normal into straight nutty (See: "Dagger in my stomach Kobe's lost it" for examples).

Point 3: Kobe is your fav player, by far. Um so what? You don't appreciate anything the man does at all. You rarely give him credit when he does great and you only bump your super thread when he does something you approve of. I would hate to see what you least favorite player gets from you. You are right, Kobe wants to be perfect so no game is he completely satisfied in, hell he even found faults in his 81pg.

Lastly, it is funny you insist on calling people fan boys yet claim to be his biggest fan. You insist on calling people morons and stupid because they call you out for your irrational postings. Here is a tip for you... Want people to stop calling you out post something worth a damn once in a while. You can even do it in a poem or limmerick or love song.

Ok I am done with you again. I am sure Kobe didn't brush his teeth right and you have a 12 page paper on how he could do it better to post.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Doc Brown on Thu May 10, 2012 7:39 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote: Here is a tip for you... Want people to stop calling you out post something worth a damn once in a while. You can even do it in a poem or limmerick or love song.

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 10, 2012 7:49 am

^lol... coming from Doc the TTTPPP Killer I am honored :bow:
puffyusaf#2

Postby Finwë on Thu May 10, 2012 8:51 am

:man10: :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby John3:16 on Thu May 10, 2012 10:44 am

Finwë wrote::man10: :man10:
John3:16

Postby worldjunction on Thu May 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Puffy... you make me laugh. you always say I make irrational posts, but you can't name one other than the dagger post. you even ride me when I compliment Kobe.

OMG... I just realized that you have a CRUSH on me. That's so cute. :man9:

PS. Kobe played great tonight.
PPS. This team has no heart. Sucks.
worldjunction

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 11, 2012 8:12 am

worldjunction wrote:Puffy... you make me laugh. you always say I make irrational posts, but you can't name one other than the dagger post. you even ride me when I compliment Kobe.

OMG... I just realized that you have a CRUSH on me. That's so cute. :man9:

PS. Kobe played great tonight.
PPS. This team has no heart. Sucks.

Well Lets see.... Hmmm.... You don't make irrational post? You just said I have a crush on you which means 1 of 2 things...
1. You really want a guy to have a crush on you
2. You have a hard time reading and want a guy to have a crush on you.

Again, I know its complicated because well simple things are often made hard by those with limited understanding of...well anything. Your Dagger post was a "thread" you created. You "Kobe the Closer" post was also a THREAD you created. That alone makes two threads you created in your irrational overreactionary OMG Kobe is going to suck now way. What I am currently responding to is a "post" which, as usual, has nothing to say. Of course, you won't get that and just blow it off.

I do need to make sure I acknowledge that great indepth post on Kobe's play last night. :bow: How anyone questions your true motives is beyond me for sure.
puffyusaf#2

Postby worldjunction on Sat May 12, 2012 10:17 am

puffy... sooo sad.

you can't name one irrational post other than the dagger post (which has greatly been misunderstood by people with limited reading comprehension). the kobe the closer post had to do with his closing ability the last two years (which has been generally TERRIBLE... so by definition NOT irrational).

EPIC FAIL by you once again.

you have way too much time on your hands to be policing me. do you see me ever randomly commenting about one of your posts UNLESS it is a reaction to you commenting on my posts? NEVER. you need to get a life. :man9:
worldjunction

Postby TIME on Sat May 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Thread has become more about the TC than the topic; even by the TC. Locked.
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Graveyard