KTLA: Does Lakers Nation Want Dwight?

KTLA: Does Lakers Nation Want Dwight?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:32 am

Kobe8Fan

Re: KTLA: Does Lakers Nation Want Dwight?

Postby Lakeshow24 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:53 am

Dwight > Bynum, still don't understand all the debates and confusion. I wouldn't sell off my roster to get Howard, but straight up trade Howard>Bynum.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby eltoro on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:54 am

According to an ESPN poll, in which over 100,000 people from across the nation were polled, the majority of people believe that the Lakers do not need Dwight.

Check it here:
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=46&sCat=3097
eltoro

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:54 am

Lakers Nation on Facebook is one of the most annoying sites ever. They are constantly posting things with misleading titles and they speculate wayyyyy too much.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:55 am

No.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby BadCoaching on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:31 pm

D12 is too much of a risk.. we saw what Bynum can do and we've already given him so much time. Why back out on this major investment now? He had a great stats season, a mediocre maturity level season but capped it all off by being healthy and competitive. D12 was due for an injury, he'd been so solid for long. He's arrogant, immature and a complete toss up whether he'll ever be his former self..
BadCoaching

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:43 pm

D12 or Bynum it doesn't matter to me. I just want this whole ordeal over and get back to filling out the bench with players that can actually contribute this year.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby eltoro on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Lakers Nation posters think Club Lakers posters are idiots. Club Lakers posters think Lakers Nations posters are idiots. Who's right? Neither. Both are Lakers fans.
eltoro

Postby revgen on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Doc Brown wrote:D12 or Bynum it doesn't matter to me. I just want this whole ordeal over and get back to filling out the bench with players that can actually contribute this year.

+1

This Howard drama is holding up the rest of the league. Nobody is making any moves because they are so focused on what Howard is going to do.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Doc Brown wrote:D12 or Bynum it doesn't matter to me. I just want this whole ordeal over and get back to filling out the bench with players that can actually contribute this year.

This! Just want him traded already, whether it be to us or someone else.
JLaker17

Postby karacha on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Frankly, I am more interested in making the bench deeper and stronger. If we get Dwight, great... if we don't, I certainly won't complain about it. But getting guys like Delonte and G. Hill, for example.... yes, I would like to see that.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby retro_nights on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Lakers nation just posts what every other site reports, can't fault them for that.

Lakers fans love reading and talking about rumors. That site is probably making good money. Catering and feeding the market.
---
Team lakers
retro_nights

Postby Finwë on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:22 pm

karacha wrote:Frankly, I am more interested in making the bench deeper and stronger. If we get Dwight, great... if we don't, I certainly won't complain about it. But getting guys like Delonte and G. Hill, for example.... yes, I would like to see that.

+10000
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:30 pm

Ill go with the better bench answer as well. I don't see Dwight as a huge step up from Drew, I'd be fine rolling with Drew and his iffy knees at least starting the season healthy over Dwight and his iffy back maybe missing time to start the season. Plus I just plain don't like Dwight at this point, tired of his diva nonsense holding up the rest of the league and possibly the rest of our moves.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:36 pm

eltoro wrote:Lakers Nation posters think Club Lakers posters are idiots. Club Lakers posters think Lakers Nations posters are idiots. Who's right? Neither. Both are Lakers fans.

If you're a new poster here, I'll forgive you: it's false to say that posters here think posters at TLN are idiots. Plenty of us have many posts there, too. I have over 600. I don't have any problem with the site or its posters.

If you're not a new poster here, you'll be banned. No multiple accounts permitted.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lilman2834 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:12 pm

eltoro wrote:Lakers Nation posters think Club Lakers posters are idiots. Club Lakers posters think Lakers Nations posters are idiots. Who's right? Neither. Both are Lakers fans.

I knew about laker nation.but I didn't know it was a site like this.I heard it was two of them .but I'm on lakerstopbuzz. should I join lakers nation?
*Some times u got to blow it twice.shake it up.n roll the dice*
lilman2834

Postby thkthebest on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:16 pm

eltoro wrote:According to an ESPN poll, in which over 100,000 people from across the nation were polled, the majority of people believe that the Lakers do not need Dwight.

Check it here:

"Needing" Dwight and "wanting" him are two completely different things.

The poll is stupid in general. Lets use the Heat for example. Do the Heat "need" Dwight? Well, they sure as hell could use him, but they certainly don't need him.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby eltoro on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:22 pm

thkthebest wrote:
eltoro wrote:According to an ESPN poll, in which over 100,000 people from across the nation were polled, the majority of people believe that the Lakers do not need Dwight.

Check it here:

"Needing" Dwight and "wanting" him are two completely different things.

The poll is stupid in general. Lets use the Heat for example. Do the Heat "need" Dwight? Well, they sure as hell could use him, but they certainly don't need him.

Yeah, but the poll doesn't lie. Over 100,000 people from across the nation believe that the Lakers don't need Dwight to win a championship.
eltoro

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:27 pm

who cares about a dumb poll. plenty of people voted for George Jr too, look where that got us.

i also don't believe 100k people know as much about this team than Mitch does.
Pig Miller

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Do you mean George W. Bush? He's not a Junior.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:32 pm

trodgers wrote:Do you mean George W. Bush? He's not a Junior.

yeah, i know, that's just how i refer to him.
Pig Miller

Postby TIME on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Is no one else fascinated that the "Editor in Chief of LakersNation.com" seems to be like 15 years old?
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby eltoro on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Pig Miller wrote:who cares about a dumb poll. plenty of people voted for George Jr too, look where that got us.

i also don't believe 100k people know as much about this team than Mitch does.

Well, the poll is scientific. And it's not just Lakers fans. Well over 100,000 people from around the nation have answered the poll. It's still open if you want to vote, but it's not gonna make much difference. Most of the nation feel that the Lakers don't need Dwight to win a championship.

If you were to only poll Lakers fans, then sure it might be a biased poll. But this poll is open to all, which makes it more legit.
eltoro

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Scientific?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:12 pm

This is a no brainer. Dwight is a level above Bynum. Bynum is a slow footed statue that will clog up the paint whereas Dwight can play pick n roll much better with Nash. He is a piece that just fits better with this team on both ends of the floor. When u play with Nash, you have to be able to move without the ball. Even Gasol can do that.

We get Dwight and i feel we are as good as anyone without hesitation. With Bynum, we are still below okc and mia.
Lets Go Lakers

Next

Return to The Graveyard