Lakers Exploring Sign-and-Trade for Courtney Lee? (Pg. 2)

Re: Lakers Interested In Courtney Lee

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 am

karacha wrote:He would be great, but... I don't see this happening.

This.
JLaker17

Postby laker911 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:03 am

laker911

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:27 am

I was HOPING we'd be interested in this guy. I say we do a sign and trade with Sessions for Courtney Lee and maybe one of their 17 PF's that they now have on their roster. Sessions will probably command somewhere around 7M annually, and Lee would get around 5M, and then they can throw in anybody else. I REALLY hope we get this guy. PERFECT back up 2 to Kobe and also can slide Kobe over to the 3 spot and they can play together. PLEASE let this happen!!!!!
FabFourLakers

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:34 am

Nash from half court throws it to the rim where Lee swoops in for the slam...Go Lakers
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 am

I'd love Courtney Lee, but this kid commands more than mini-MLE type money. It'd be a steal if he did.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:07 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:He's exactly the type of guy we need to add alongside Nash. Can back up Kobe, maybe even some 3. He's a decent shooter, and he would be great in the open court with Nash.

All of this is true except for the backup 3. He is why too small to play 3, but a backup 1 or 2 would be perfect

Lee has played forward before; he's listed as a Guard-Forward on NBA.com. Definitely suitable against a smaller line-up.

That said, a big YES to Courtney Lee!!! Wonder how much he'll command? $6M per? $7M?? He's a pretty decent defender, too. Sign him and Jamison and we'll have the outside shooting we need to make a serious run for the title:

Nash/Blake
Kobe/Lee
MWP/GHill
Pau/Jamison
Bynum/JHill

:jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Phil XI on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:15 am

Magic wand time, Mitch! Time to jedi mind trick Morey into a Sesh for Lee (4-4.5m or so) ought to do it.
There'd be enough mins for him (25-28) if they'd play Kobe as the b/u 3 more, and Ron with some min at PF.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:47 am

Lee was the piece I wanted in K-Mart's place in a Pau trade.. If we can get him in S&T for Sessions that would be great.. Love his heart & toughness
lakersin4

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:51 am

anyone pull his Stats for the last few years?

Is he like a poor man's Mathews? I really haven't seen much of him lately. Isn't Meeks a taller, better shooter?
tigerjeterkobe

Postby BadCoaching on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:54 am

He's a very solid shooter from all parts of the floor, including the FT. He can penetrate some, but he's not amazing at it.

I wouldn't feel too bad if he ends up here. How is his defense? I can't really remember much of his defense..
BadCoaching

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:06 pm

BadCoaching wrote:He's a very solid shooter from all parts of the floor, including the FT. He can penetrate some, but he's not amazing at it.

I wouldn't feel too bad if he ends up here. How is his defense? I can't really remember much of his defense..

He's a SOLID defender...guarded Kobe a lot when we played the Magic in the 09 finals. I would have to think his D has improved since then. He can hit the 3 ball consistently, and he's a good FT shooter too. I think he can create his own shot too...not sure how much he gets in the lane, but he's PERFECT next to Nash, Kobe and the bigs. I'd actually go as far as to say he might be in our closing lineup if he comes to our team....

He will command around 5-7M a year....if we can sign and trade Sesh for him, that would be a huge steal for us.
FabFourLakers

Postby gcclaker on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

I always thought Lee was Ron Harper Lite. He'd be a great fit like a jack of all trades at the 2. Sadly, I don't think the Lakers will net him. Houston has no pointmen so the scenario involving Sessions could be worth a try.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Lee would be too good to be true. No way we get exactly what we need.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby Uncle_Drew on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:06 pm

he can't play 1.. he is strictly a 2... Plus Houston is under the cap.. Why would they want to do a sign and trade when they could just sign Sessions if they wanted to...

Maybe we could offer them McRoberts or a 2nd attached because Houston is trying to obtain as many assets as possible
Uncle_Drew

Postby Phil XI on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Because Houston needs another PF?
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:35 am

Uncle_Drew wrote:he can't play 1.. he is strictly a 2... Plus Houston is under the cap.. Why would they want to do a sign and trade when they could just sign Sessions if they wanted to...

Maybe we could offer them McRoberts or a 2nd attached because Houston is trying to obtain as many assets as possible

He can defend PG's pretty well.. He can't play like a PG on offense but in lineups with Kobe he would be a spot up shooter on offense.. He would be a really great fit..
lakersin4

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:14 am

Well, if we have hopes of getting to the finals and expect to face the Heat, we will NEED a guy like Lee to match up with Ray Ray.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Lakers Exploring Sign-and-Trade for Courtney Lee?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Lakers Exploring Sign-and-Trade for Courtney Lee?

Written by Ryan Ward

It’s no secret at this point in time in the NBA off-season that the Los Angeles Lakers options in free agency are extremely limited. With the new CBA starting to take its toll on the Lakers’ front office, GM Mitch Kupchak must find other ways to bring in new faces in order to upgrade the roster.

As options continue to emerge for the Lakers, the plot begins to thicken on which direction the storied franchise might go in, with some serious upgrading needed for the bench heading into next season.

Another potential sign-and-trade opportunity may have surfaced in the form of shooting guard Courtney Lee according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld.com:

“The Minnesota Timberwolves and Phoenix Suns are interested in signing Lee outright while the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers have explored potential sign-and-trade scenarios for the shooting guard.”

Obviously, Lee is an intriguing acquisition for the Lakers as it gives them a promising young talent that can come off the bench to give Kobe Bryant some much needed rest. At 26 years-old, Lee has a bright future ahead of him in the NBA, and with the right situation he might be able to make a name for himself next season.

Another free agent option that the Lakers may also be exploring in terms of a sign-and-trade is O.J. Mayo. Players that may be involved in such a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies or Houston Rockets are Steve Blake and Josh McRoberts. The expiring contract of McRoberts is reportedly getting some of interest. With both of these players bringing youth to an aging Lakers squad, they’ve definitely perked the interest of Kupchak and company.

Last season, Lee averaged 11.4 points per game while shooting 40 percent from beyond the arc. Lee is strictly a scorer without much skill to distribute the basketball. Lee’s defense is another perk to a potential deal, but the Lakers are focusing on the fact that he can become a scoring threat off the bench that has been sorely missed after the departure of Lamar Odom.

In comparison to Mayo, Lee may be considered the lesser of the two candidates, but that might not be the case. Despite Mayo being the bigger name, Lee had the better shooting percentage from the floor (43 percent), charity stripe (82 percent) and from three-point range (40 percent). In terms of scoring average, Lee and Mayo are fairly close in comparison at 11.4 to 12.6 points per game.

Acquiring Lee via sign-and-trade may also be a much more realistic option with so many teams in the running to land Mayo in free agency.

Another option the Lakers are also considering as a backup for Kobe that can provide some offense off the bench is veteran Grant Hill. Even at 39 years-old, Hill is getting a lot of interest around the league with the New York Knicks and Miami Heat also showing interest. The Lakers are currently the frontrunners to sign Hill at the veteran’s minimum, but the Knicks are said to be emerging as legitimate candidates as well.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumo ... 012/07/16/
Kobe8Fan

Re: Lakers Exploring Sign-and-Trade for Courtney Lee? (Pg. 2)

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:10 pm

43 posts and only two pages? HOW? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby BadCoaching on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Hrmm I just watched the finals over again with Orlando.. he's a very good defender like mentioned above. Interesting.. be great to get him.
BadCoaching

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:22 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:43 posts and only two pages? HOW? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Apparently it's recently been changed to 25 posts/page and max. 5 embedded quotes (up from 3, as I'm sure you knew).
GoldHammish

Postby khmrP on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Hou does need a backup PG or a PR at least if NY matches Lin :man1:
khmrP

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:01 pm

khmrP wrote:Hou does need a backup PG or a PR at least if NY matches Lin :man1:

Sign and Trade Steve Blake for Courtney Lee? Yes please.
FabFourLakers

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 pm

If Steve Blake is used in anyway to get Lee or Mayo..........Mitch needs to have a statue put up immediately.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Doc Brown wrote:If Steve Blake is used in anyway to get Lee or Mayo..........Mitch needs to have a statue put up immediately.

Ideal: S&T Blake for Lee, Mayo or B Rush, re-sign Jordan Hill, sign Grant Hill, sign Antawn Jamison, and sign a cheap back up PG (Jonny Flynn, or if we're lucky, Aaron Brooks, who surprisingly has gotten no offers as of yet).

I believe we'll be right at 15 players on the roster then correct?
FabFourLakers

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard