Lakers fan on Directv needs your help

Lakers fan on Directv needs your help

Postby jcruz65 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:42 pm

No I don't work for Directv at all, but I am just an ordinary lakers fan seeking help to anyone who has connections, I am hoping I can watch the Lakers games again on directv.

As it stands today I am willing to pay $3.95 or even $5.00 extra on top of my directv bill just to watch the lakers games again, but I think the solution is not as simple as this, but is quite complicated.

I think the main issue issue is that Comcast not only wants each directv subscriber to pay $3.95 to get the lakers back, including those that don't watch basketball, but comcast's ultimate intention is getting back its old subsribers back to cable.

While it may be easy for some to switch back to cable, for most people it is not. We have long term contracts with Directv that would cost us a lot of money if we cancel our directv service right now. In addition, we have reasons why we don't subscribe to cable now, mine is that cable's customer service is very poor, keeping us on hold for a very long time, and cable customer service people don't even care. The directv commercial about cable's customer service is quite true, but I think Directv should rather not ridicule cable about it.

Another reason is the quality of the video signal, it is not rocket science to figure out that cable digital signals are more compressed and pixelates more than satellite signals because cable is using lesser bandwidth than satellite does.

Did anyone from the Lakers organization foresee that signing up for this billion dollar deal with Comcast would put its very own loyal fans under a difficul situation? Was this a mistake on the part of the Lakers organization and is this something that they can arrange or fix in their contract?

I know some of you guys have a lot of power in your hands and I'm not the only one in this situation, can you please help?

thanks
jcruz65

Re: Lakers fan on Directv needs your help

Postby TIME on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 pm

I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard