Lakers interested in Goran Dragic

Re: Lakers interested in Goran Dragic

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:04 am

Anyone think Dwight might have concerns about his health? Maybe he knows he's got enough dirt on Prokhorov to get a max extension out of him regardless of how well he returns from injury..
lakersin4

Postby eltoro on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:11 am

432J wrote:god i really dont get why people still want howard in LA. have you guys not been paying attention? the guy is a cancer, and he DOES NOT want to play in LA. ship gasol to minny for that williams-beasley deal, dump blake, and sign dragic. now that is one amazing offseason if you ask me

Dwight is immature, yes. But... Umm, have you guys not noticed we also got a big fat crybaby in Bynum also?
eltoro

Postby eltoro on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:14 am

trodgers wrote:For the record, LA doesn't get Jameer for cheap and they don't get Dragic for cheap. They likely end up having to S&T. One is 30; one is 26.

Now, if it's Dragic at $9M (which we can do with TPE) or Nelson at mini-MLE, I'll take Nelson.

Far more likely tht we get Nelson on the cheap than Dragic on the cheap.
eltoro

Postby VincentTH on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:21 am

432J wrote:god i really dont get why people still want howard in LA. have you guys not been paying attention? the guy is a cancer, and he DOES NOT want to play in LA. ship gasol to minny for that williams-beasley deal, dump blake, and sign dragic. now that is one amazing offseason if you ask me

I agree with this. Getting Howard has the danger of actually getting a 1year loaner.
At least the big baby named Bynum is locked up for a few more years.
VincentTH

Postby dj vitus on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:42 pm

He wants $10M per??? :man4: :man10: Apparently, everyone is catching the Chris Childs syndrome--playing well for half a season and getting a fat paycheck.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Helljumper on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:02 pm

VincentTH wrote:

I agree with this. Getting Howard has the danger of actually getting a 1year loaner.
At least the big baby named Bynum is locked up for a few more years.

Bynum only has one year left too.
Helljumper

Postby sina on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Whatever the Lakers do in the summer, they need to land a legit point guard like Dragic. Obviously, Sessions isn't the answer
sina

Postby Psychobroker on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:44 pm

retro_nights wrote:howard and j smith to replace bynum and pau.

no -- where will the offense come from??
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby Helljumper on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:02 pm

sina wrote:Whatever the Lakers do in the summer, they need to land a legit point guard like Dragic. Obviously, Sessions isn't the answer

Dragic - 11.7 ppg, 5.3 apg, 2.5 rpg, 46% from the field, 33% from the three point line, 27 minutes a game, 28 starts

Sessions - 11.3 ppg, 5.5 apg, 3.3 rpg, 43% from the field, 44% from the three point line, 27 minutes a game, 23 starts

Those are their regular season stats (with Sessions stat's including his time with the Cavs). How is Dragic a legit point guard but Sessions isn't? Keep in mind that when Sessions stepped into the starting line-up, he was an afterthought in the offense. On the other hand, Dragic had to replace Houston's best player in Lowry so he became a focal point for their offense.

Personally, I'd take Dragic over Sessions on this team, but I'd put them in the same tier. Both have shown flashes of good play on mediocre teams. Neither has ever been able to put together a complete season of stellar play on a winning basketball team.
Helljumper

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:11 pm

Dragic is a better shooter that's it. Sessions is a better driver. They both suck on defense.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Psychobroker wrote:
retro_nights wrote:howard and j smith to replace bynum and pau.

no -- where will the offense come from??

C'mon you know the answer...
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Our offense would be fine.. Dwight & Josh 2a & 2b is better than what most teams can put out there.. It'll be interesting to see Durant try to go off on us with Josh on him
lakersin4

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Sessions is probably thinking damn I'm better at driving to the basket than Dragic, maybe I should ask for about 7-8 million a year...

Great.....Thanks Dragic for trying to set the market for your level of PG's
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Dragic will not get 7-8 mill a year. If he does, I will personally crap all over a copy of the new CBA, and send it to David Stern.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby revgen on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:30 pm

As long as the only 2 PG's we have on the roster are Blake and Morris, the Lakers are going to be interested in just about everybody.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby The Rock on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:24 am

Damn he might get that $10 mil from Phoenix. Doesnt look like hes going back to Houston

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/47057/sources-dragic-return-to-rockets-unlikely

The Houston Rockets are pessimistic about their chances of re-signing point guard Goran Dragic with the sides far apart in negotiations, according to sources close to the process.

The Rockets met with Dragic on Monday in Houston and were hopeful of reaching terms quickly with the Slovenian, who averaged 16.3 points and 7.3 assists in 32 games after the All-Star break following an injury to Kyle Lowry.

But Dragic left town without a deal, sources said, leading one source close to the process to say that the lefty's expected return to the Rockets is "not going to happen." Dragic is scheduled Tuesday to visit the Phoenix Suns, who dealt him to the Rockets at the 2011 trade deadline.

Dragic is said to be seeking an annual salary of at least $10 million and, according to sources familiar with his thinking, expects to be installed as the starter wherever he lands.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:33 am

:man10: man talk about striking out for Houston...

Kyle Lowry gets sick of the coach and they don't necessarily plan for him in the future... Miss!
They tried to swing the picks for Dwight... Miss!
Sign a great big man; get Asik... Miss!
Re-sign Dragic... Miss!

That's already 4 strikes. If only they were bowling.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:39 am

They are so all over the place. They already have Morris from Kansas and Patrick Patterson (from the two previous drafts when they had picks in the teens)and then they draft two more Power Forwards who are tweeners with their picks in the teens again. What the eff Lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:00 am

The Rock wrote:They are so all over the place. They already have Morris from Kansas and Patrick Patterson (from the two previous drafts when they had picks in the teens)and then they draft two more Power Forwards who are tweeners with their picks in the teens again. What the eff Lol

:man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:13 am

Rockets are a mess. :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:09 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:Dragic will not get 7-8 mill a year. If he does, I will personally crap all over a copy of the new CBA, and send it to David Stern.

I don't know. It might happen. The PG market is tough to figure right now. The only PG contract offer that's not an option or Qualifying Offer is a 3 year, $36M offer to Nash.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby eltoro on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:26 am

Dragic is asking too much. Houston should just let him walk and patch things up with Lowry and forget all that trade nonsense,
eltoro

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:25 am

Rockets roster (Dragic leaves, Lowry doesn't want to be there)

Livingston
Martin / Lee / Lamb
Parsons / Jones / Morris
Scola / Patterson / White / Simpson / Leuer / Brockman / Aldemir
Asik / Smith

:man10: :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:19 am

I dont know why they would stop at Dragic, already overpaid for Asik might as well keep it going :man10: .......just use Lowlry as trade bait along with Martin.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:20 am

Dragic is gone. Rockets beat writer

https://twitter.com/#!/Jonathan_Feigen

As @ESPNSteinLine mentioned last night, little chance of Dragic return to Rockets. Source: "Goran’s not coming back. Just not happening."

Sides so far apart on contract, meeting yesterday ended w/ thanks and good luck kind of exchange. Still, Dragic hasn't gotten that deal yet.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard