Lakers Interested In Mo Williams

Re: Lakers Interested In Mo Williams

Postby Finwë on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Mo Williams is open to idea of going to Utah in Odom-to-Clippers deal, source says, but is exploring all options.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Deal is contingent on Williams picking up $8.5M option for '12-'13 with Jazz so Mavs can shed Odom's salary without taking money back.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
While one person briefed on trade talks believes Williams ultimately will accept going to Utah, another pegged the odds at "50-50."

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
There's no deadline for Williams to accept deal, source said, but many moving parts exist with draft tonight and free agency opening Sunday.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Sideways on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
Mo Williams To The Jazz?

The Utah Jazz have emerged as the potential third team in the Los Angeles Clippers' ongoing trade discussions to acquire Lamar Odom from the Dallas Mavericks, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Jazz are willing to take on Mo Williams in a three-team trade scenario that would send Odom to the Clippers and enable the Mavericks to shed Odom's salary without taking back any salary.

The ball now is in Williams' court. The trade cannot be completed unless Williams agrees to invoke his $8.5 million player option for next season by Saturday's deadline, which means that the 29-year-old is essentially deciding if he wants to return to the Jazz  where he began his career in 2003-04 -- or test free agency this summer.

Williams' agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard: "Mo and I are looking at a lot of different things right now. He'll make his decision in the next day or two."

The Jazz can absorb Williams' salary without sending a player to the Mavericks by using a trade exception created by last season's trade of Mehmet Okur to New Jersey.

The deadline for the trade to be completed, though, is realistically Friday, because that's the deadline in Odom's contract by which point Dallas must either pay $2.4 million to buy out Odom's $8.2 million salary for next season or have him on the books for 2012-13.

Earlier this month, with Odom's buyout deadline looming, Dallas officials green-lighted Odom's agent, Jeff Schwartz, to try to find a new home for Odom via trade. The Mavericks and Schwartz also have discussed pushing the deadline back into July if an Odom trade can't be struck by Friday.

The Mavericks' interest in an Odom deal is purely to gain financial flexibility, which necessitates a third team to take on Williams. One possibility discussed, sources said, was Dallas taking back former Mavericks point guard Devin Harris to complete a three-team deal with the Clippers and Jazz, but the Mavericks are trying to avoid absorbing any salary in the move.

If no trade can be struck, either this week or before an adjusted deadline, Dallas is expected to eventually buy Odom out and make him a free agent, with big-market teams such as Miami and New York also planning to pursue him in that scenario.

Although Williams is a former All-Star coming off a solid season with the Clippers in which he often played out of position at shooting guard, Dallas has little need for him given its long-planned pursuits of marquee free agents Deron Williams and Steve Nash and its oft-stated desire to bring back championship-winning point guard Jason Kidd when free agency starts at 12:01 a.m. Sunday.

The Mavericks are one of two finalists, along with the Brooklyn Nets, for Dallas-area native Deron Williams and have long planned to pursue the re-signing of Nash -- who left Dallas for Phoenix in the summer of 2004 -- in the event Williams decides to stay with the Nets.

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that another team to express interest in Mo Williams is the Los Angeles Lakers, who still have a trade exception big enough to absorb Williams' contract that they created when they dealt Odom to Dallas.

Odom, meanwhile, is eager to return to his adopted home of Los Angeles to resume his career after what amounts to a lost season after his trade from the Lakers to the Mavericks in December.

The move to Dallas followed Odom's inclusion in the Lakers' original three-team trade with New Orleans and Houston that would have landed him with the Hornets and placed Chris Paul in the same Lakers backcourt as Kobe Bryant. But that trade was called off by NBA commissioner David Stern, who has insisted he took that step as the Hornets' lead decision-maker at the time because the Hornets were owned by the league. A few days later, Stern signed off on the Hornets' deal to send Paul to the Clippers.

Drafted by the Clippers in 1999 and a winner of two championship rings in the 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons with the Lakers, Odom never fit with the Mavericks and left the team by mutual consent before the playoffs began after a nightmarish three months.

Odom has been working out on his own ever since and will attempt to earn a spot on the team bound for the London Olympics next month when he reports to Team USA training camp in Las Vegas.

Jazz trying to steal Mo from us. :bang:

So far everything we've had our eyes on another team with a better option shows up and has the upper hand to snag the "supposed deal" from us.
I'm dying to hear some good news.

Our team better be working on something under the radar, I can't cope with this roster any longer, this is more painful to watch than prime Kobe having to waste his years on a bunch of scrubs being nothing but a 1st round exit at best.
Sideways

Re: Mo Williams

Postby JUST-MING on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Someone needs to tell Mo Williams that the rocky mountains are colder than Cleveland and Milwaukee.

LA to Salt Lake? You know Mo is trying to block that deal.
JUST-MING

Postby khmrP on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:51 pm

JUST-MING wrote:Someone needs to tell Mo Williams that the rocky mountains are colder than Cleveland and Milwaukee.

think Mo already knows that , he started his career in Utah....and he's not gona stop anything 8.5mill is alot to walk away from.
khmrP

Postby Sideways on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:52 pm

JUST-MING wrote:Someone needs to tell Mo Williams that the rocky mountains are colder than Cleveland and Milwaukee.

Maybe he hates the Mike Brown System.
Sideways

Postby Helljumper on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:19 pm

Sideways wrote:

Mike Brown has a system?
Helljumper

Postby Sideways on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Helljumper wrote:
Sideways wrote:

Mike Brown has a system?

iso iso iso iso iso iso iso iso
repeat
bynum 3pter
sub

spit cup
repeat

you're welcome.
Sideways

Postby khmrP on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Helljumper wrote:Mike Brown has a system?

khmrP

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:32 pm

eltoro wrote:Puleeeeze. You guys. I swear.

You seriously think we are gonna win a championship with Mo Williams? Seriously. Say that again. And this time listen to yourself when you say it.

yeah because we are going to win a championship by keeping the same old roster .. smh
wcsoldier81

Postby ThaEntrepreneur on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:01 pm

It was just speculated that the Lakers were interested. No evidence. This should get locked up in the next day or so. But anyway, I think the TPE should be used on Beasley, not Williams. Mitch isn't going to let Sessions walk, not after we gave up a 1st round pick, no matter how mediocre he played in the playoffs. And to make things worse, he said he doesn't not want to be a backup! :bang: But he should get a second chance, with a full season under him. I think he'll play better. With that being said, Beasley is the most comparable player to Durant in the NBA today. Long, athletic, can create his own shot, matchup nightmare. Headcase or not, for the TPE, it's a great value. And the Lakers are interested in him, Kahn also told T'Wolves ownership that Beasley will be traded to the Lakers in July, so I think all signs point Beasley to being a Laker. The Mo Williams story was just a rumor.
ThaEntrepreneur

Postby Finwë on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Sideways wrote:
Helljumper wrote:
Sideways wrote:

Mike Brown has a system?

repeat
bynum 3pter
sub

spit cup
repeat

you're welcome.

:man10: :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby nthydro on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Hell yes. He is more of a starting PG than Sessions is. He can get his own shot and is a very good spot up shooter. Not to mention his D is much better than Sessions.
nthydro

Postby The Rock on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:47 pm

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/06/mavericks-on-the-verge-of-moving-lamar-odom.html/

Unless Los Angeles Clippers guard Mo Williams enjoys throwing away money, the Mavericks will soon be rid of Lamar Odom and any financial obligation to him for the coming season.

The Mavericks have agreed to send the troubled Odom to the Clippers, who in turn will ship Williams to the Utah Jazz, who will send a trade exception from the Mehmet Okur deal last season to the Mavericks, an NBA source said.

All three teams have agreed to the deal. All that has to happen to make it official is for Williams to exercise the player option on his contract for next season, which would pay him $8.5 million.

Williams has until Friday to opt in, and if he doesn’t, he will become an unrestricted free agent and would be very hard pressed to earn even half of that annual salary on the open market, the source said.

What it means for the Mavericks is that they can trade Odom before having to buy out the final year of his contract, which would have cost them $2.4 million. That money now will not be applied to their salary cap and gives them even more financial flexibility heading into free agency.

It won’t improve the amount they can throw at free agent Deron Williams – he is going to receive a maximum contract regardless – but it might help in the recruitment of other free agents or, with the newly acquired trade exception, could be useful in trade scenarios.

Odom was never going to return to the Mavericks and the only reason he wasn’t waived before the season ended was precisely because of a situation like this where the Mavericks could get rid of him without having to pay off the final year of his deal.
Last edited by The Rock on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:47 pm

ramonashelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Source: Mo Williams would accept trade to Utah, keeping Lamar Odom to Clippers deal on track dea
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Well there's one trade. Seems like we're not getting either Odom or Mo.
XXIV

Postby The Rock on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:54 pm

http://sulia.com/channel/utah-jazz/f/b08fe507-82de-46ae-9de1-1074ca32cf9f/?source=twitter
Williams' agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard: "Mo and I are looking at a lot of different things right now. He'll make his decision in the next day or two."

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby XXIV on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk
Report: Lamar Odom to Clippers deal finalized, Mo William to head to Utah http://dlvr.it/1n94lk #PBT #NBA
XXIV

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:06 pm

:bang:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby The Rock on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:06 pm

Jazz beat reporter

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/54398652-62/williams-jazz-source-utah.html.csp

A high-ranking Jazz source with direct knowledge of the situation said Thursday evening they're not aware of Mo Williams expressing a willingness to join the Jazz.

Utah remains open to the deal, though.

ESPN reported via a source Williams was willing to join Utah.

A source close to Williams said the deal is not complete and Williams remains undecided about his future.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:07 pm

You know what annoys me about this...

Not that we lost out on Mo...

Not that we lost out on LO...

We gave up our 2nd round pick in that retarded deal and then dealt away the Dallas pick....we have nothing to show for that trade besides a TPE which we won't use and possibly Hill which really doesn't make us that much better and also may lose some time due to legal problems. Yipppeeee!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:12 pm

& our 2 most important additions we could have made gone in 1 deal.. I really hate Sterling.. Here's to hoping LO goes full mental
lakersin4

Postby XXIV on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:15 pm

lakersin4 wrote:& our 2 most important additions we could have made gone in 1 deal.. I really hate Sterling.. Here's to hoping LO goes full mental

It's obvious you hate the Clippers, but to wish something bad on a player who helped us win two championships? :man3:
XXIV

Postby Kobe8Bryant4Life on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:17 pm

You can't tell me that you're seriously surprised the Lakers missed out on something like this? It's exactly what they do.. which makes me sick.. they'll make that occasional splash, and by occasional.. I mean, once every 6 years.. but for the most part they've benefited from having Kobe.. if they didn't have Kobe, they would be complete CRAP.
Eric Church. THE CHIEF.
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
Kobe8Bryant4Life

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 pm

XXIV wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:& our 2 most important additions we could have made gone in 1 deal.. I really hate Sterling.. Here's to hoping LO goes full mental

It's obvious you hate the Clippers, but to wish something bad on a player who helped us win two championships? :man3:

I love LO but him not getting his head back in the game this season is in our best interest..
lakersin4

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Kobe8Bryant4Life wrote:You can't tell me that you're seriously surprised the Lakers missed out on something like this? It's exactly what they do.. which makes me sick.. they'll make that occasional splash, and by occasional.. I mean, once every 6 years.. but for the most part they've benefited from having Kobe.. if they didn't have Kobe, they would be complete CRAP.

Yes because the Lakers were terrible before Kobe.

/sarcasm
Texas Lakers Fan

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard