Lakers Interested In Mo Williams

Lakers Interested In Mo Williams

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that one team to express interest in Williams is the Los Angeles Lakers, who still have a trade exception big enough to absorb Williams' contract that they created when they dealt Odom to Dallas.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/i ... lamar-odom
Kobe8Fan

Mo Williams To Lakers?

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that one team to express interest in Williams is the Los Angeles Lakers, who still have a trade exception big enough to absorb Williams' contract that they created when they dealt Odom to Dallas.

Source

Thoughts?
Texas Lakers Fan

Re: Lakers Interested In Mo Williams

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Beat you to it. :man12:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:29 pm

KeepBynum wrote:Beat you to it. :man12:

No you didn't. :man9:
Kobe8Fan

Re: Mo Williams To Lakers?

Postby Damian Necronamous on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Yeah, if you can get Mo Williams for the TPE, you just have to do it. His shooting would be a much needed lift for our offense. Plus, it's only a one-year deal. Three-way trade makes sense here...Odom to LAC, Williams to LAL, TPE to DAL.

Then, we trade Blake to a team for a second rounder (Wizards? Blazers? Someone would want him), re-sign Sessions and Hill, and get a player like Rashard Lewis or CJ Miles with the mini MLE. That gives us a bench of Sessions, Lewis/Miles and Hill...pretty solid.
Damian Necronamous

Postby jjin28 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 pm

i highly doubt the clippers help out lakers.
But Mo is unhappy there and Cp3 has been begging to keep billups. No room for Mo.
Would love to have Mo.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby Finwë on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 pm

I hope they do this. Mo Williams is better than our entire bench.
He was reportedly in the best shape of his life last year, anticipating to be the starting PG for the Clips. Of course then came CP3 and that all went to hell. But I bet the game is still there.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Kobe8Fan wrote:

Lol we posted at the same time. Anyways getting Mo for the TPE would be an absolute steal.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby XXIV on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Would love to have Mo on our team. Whether he's our starting PG or our 6th man, he'll provide some needed offense.
XXIV

Postby Finwë on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Please don't be cheap. Please do this. It's a one year thing.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Finwë wrote:Please don't be cheap. Please do this. It's a one year thing.

Sounds like my Tuesday nights.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby TIME on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Kobe8Fan wrote:

Actually you did by mere seconds. :man10:

You guys are on TOP of it. :bow:

Merging.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

:man10:
XXIV

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:03 pm

I'd take him, he gets a lot of hate around here for maybe inconsistency or a few other aspects of his game, but he's better than any bench player we currently have by miles and he's a scorer/shooter, something we badly need. All that said, have we ever traded with the Clippers? I can't remember a single time we have.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:19 pm

"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby MadMax on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Doc Brown :man10: :man10: :man10: :bow:
MadMax
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Center Court on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 pm

TPE for Mo Will is a good move (one that people have been calling for since last season) but that means Sesh is gone and we trade our best asset not named Kobe or Drew. Torn.

I have a feeling Nash ends up in Toronto, Miami, Dallas, or Phx so. I doubt there is any possibility of getting Deron for Pau with a third team. If there is, I hope it happens. To trade the TPE would limit our cap flexibility plan which is obv important. It would also limit who else we can go out and get in a trade.

Andre Miller/Sesh is going to be our PG rotation
Center Court

Postby CarFlagChris on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Center Court wrote:TPE for Mo Will is a good move (one that people have been calling for since last season) but that means Sesh is gone and we trade our best asset not named Kobe or Drew. Torn.

I have a feeling Nash ends up in Toronto, Miami, Dallas, or Phx so. I doubt there is any possibility of getting Deron for Pau with a third team. If there is, I hope it happens. To trade the TPE would limit our cap flexibility plan which is obv important. It would also limit who else we can go out and get in a trade.

I would rather have D. Will for Gasol, too.
However, we need to get a baller.
Sessions failed his interview. No need to sign him up. We already have one almost, could have been guard in Blake.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
CarFlagChris

Postby Finwë on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Center Court wrote:TPE for Mo Will is a good move (one that people have been calling for since last season) but that means Sesh is gone and we trade our best asset not named Kobe or Drew. Torn.

How does it mean that?
We could amnesty Blake and resign Sessions.
Do you mean Gasol would have to go because the FO won't use the TPE unless they get rid of his contract? I would assume so, but we should be getting some depth with any Gasol trade. Add to that a much better backcourt with Mo and Sessions insted of Sessions and Blake and you've got yourself a team.
Finwë

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:47 pm

I was dying to get this guy when the Clips got Billups & It looked like Mo might be bought out or waived.. Then again when it looked like he could be had for the TPE.. If we can get him for the TPE or something along those lines we absolutely have to do it.. Perfect fit.. Sucks it will be in the move that prevents us from getting LO but I'm happy with the PG position if we have Mo/Sessions.. Dump Blake, Try to upgrade the bench & call it an offseason.. If we HAVE to dump Pau, this would have to increase our odds of going after a stud 2 way SF like Granger, Gay, Deng, or Iggy.. I'm loving it either way..
lakersin4

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Ugh no. We have Sessions' bird rights.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:41 am

As Much As I Like Mo Williams I'd rather us Get Lamar not the clippers
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:46 am

I like Mo, it would be just what we need off the bench....but..

This means that we probably aren't resigning Sessions. If we get Mo and Sessions it's a good move at the end.

If it's Mo and Blake, with Sessions walking, are we really in any better position with our PG rotation? Would this change the two PG lineup Brown loves? If we get a backup 2 guard, I guess I could live with it, because Blake would be relegated to only being the backup PG. If not it's the same thing as last season, just switching Sessions/Mo.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby BigDan24 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:07 am

Doc Brown wrote:I like Mo, it would be just what we need off the bench....but..

This means that we probably aren't resigning Sessions. If we get Mo and Sessions it's a good move at the end.

If it's Mo and Blake, with Sessions walking, are we really in any better position with our PG rotation? Would this change the two PG lineup Brown loves? If we get a backup 2 guard, I guess I could live with it, because Blake would be relegated to only being the backup PG. If not it's the same thing as last season, just switching Sessions/Mo.

Mo is a better shooter than Sessions and he knows how to perform in the Playoffs (at least early rounds...)
He played under Brown so he should be more comfortable with his system.

Sessions is a better slasher and a better passer.

They're both not great defenders.

If it's gonna be Mo instead of Sessions, i think it's an improvement but just a slight one.
Mo and Sessions would make us a lot better, i think.
BigDan24

Postby eltoro on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:18 am

Mo Wiliams is...

O-VER-RATED
Clap! Clap! --- Clap! clap! clap!
O-VER-RATED!
eltoro

Next

Return to The Graveyard