Lakers might be close to finalizing trades

Re: Lakers might be close to finalizing trades

Postby The Laker Link on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Helljumper wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:NOW......I am getting annoyed with "They may, or may not..........."

Let's change the team this week or STFU and see how well this team can play and if they could go far in the playoffs and then really do something in the summer.

I want to hear a rumor, and then hear a rumor gaining legs, and then hear a rumor becoming truth. No more of this "TODAY IS SESSIONS."

Tomorrow: "TODAY IS FELTON"

Next Day: "TODAY IS BEASLEY"

Next Day: "TODAY IS SCOLA AND LOWRY"

I need one name and that one name only and have him come tomorrow.

Be patient. The Lakers aren't just going to rush into a trade because the fans are tired of not knowing what's going on.

Key dates are March 1st and March 15th. Unless something comes up that the front office just can't refuse within the next day, they'll at the very least wait until March 1st. That's when recently signed free-agents (including McRoberts/Murphy) can be traded so it greatly increases their flexibility in possible trades.

And as much as us fans want to just move on, at the end of the day, this Dwight scenario can still go any way. The only thing in our way of getting Dwight is his preference to play in New Jersey. But as March 15th approaches, Orlando might realize that there's no way they'll get a better offer from New Jersey. If that happens, and Orlando doesn't want to lose Howard for nothing, they might pull the trigger on Howard for Bynum+Fillers (which is something the front office would probably do even if Dwight didn't guarantee that he would stay).

No, I am not looking for them to just trade to trade.....but some consistency of what we are looking at would be nice.

Like 3 days of rumors on that we are getting closer and closer to Pau for Scola/Lowry would be nice or ODOM Cash for Felton or something would be nice. But everyday of checking on here....I see a new name and a new thread, and some are just trolls trying to trolololololololol, so it would be nice to hear that something might happen soon with a few certain people instead of different names each day.

I AM GLAD THEY ARE WORKING, AND I AM HOPING SOMETHING HAPPENS. Big or small, as long as it helps.....FINE.

Just hearing that the Lakers are interesting in everyone would be nice to be told today, and then leave it at that until a rumor gains legs and is starting to progress really far.

Until then, they are interested in everyone, that's fine to hear once and then go with something else.
The Laker Link

Postby Phil XI on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 pm

So basically, a recap of everything being discussed on CL the past few weeks. Original, Pete.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby Helljumper on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:39 pm

The Laker Link wrote:
Helljumper wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:NOW......I am getting annoyed with "They may, or may not..........."

Let's change the team this week or STFU and see how well this team can play and if they could go far in the playoffs and then really do something in the summer.

I want to hear a rumor, and then hear a rumor gaining legs, and then hear a rumor becoming truth. No more of this "TODAY IS SESSIONS."

Tomorrow: "TODAY IS FELTON"

Next Day: "TODAY IS BEASLEY"

Next Day: "TODAY IS SCOLA AND LOWRY"

I need one name and that one name only and have him come tomorrow.

Be patient. The Lakers aren't just going to rush into a trade because the fans are tired of not knowing what's going on.

Key dates are March 1st and March 15th. Unless something comes up that the front office just can't refuse within the next day, they'll at the very least wait until March 1st. That's when recently signed free-agents (including McRoberts/Murphy) can be traded so it greatly increases their flexibility in possible trades.

And as much as us fans want to just move on, at the end of the day, this Dwight scenario can still go any way. The only thing in our way of getting Dwight is his preference to play in New Jersey. But as March 15th approaches, Orlando might realize that there's no way they'll get a better offer from New Jersey. If that happens, and Orlando doesn't want to lose Howard for nothing, they might pull the trigger on Howard for Bynum+Fillers (which is something the front office would probably do even if Dwight didn't guarantee that he would stay).

No, I am not looking for them to just trade to trade.....but some consistency of what we are looking at would be nice.

Like 3 days of rumors on that we are getting closer and closer to Pau for Scola/Lowry would be nice or ODOM Cash for Felton or something would be nice. But everyday of checking on here....I see a new name and a new thread, and some are just trolls trying to trolololololololol, so it would be nice to hear that something might happen soon with a few certain people instead of different names each day.

I AM GLAD THEY ARE WORKING, AND I AM HOPING SOMETHING HAPPENS. Big or small, as long as it helps.....FINE.

Just hearing that the Lakers are interesting in everyone would be nice to be told today, and then leave it at that until a rumor gains legs and is starting to progress really far.

Until then, they are interested in everyone, that's fine to hear once and then go with something else.

I agree. I'm tired of the rumors. We all know something is going to happen, so I just want whatever move we're going to eventually make to happen ASAP so I can stop worrying about all these rumors.

But the front office does not, and should not, care about how fed up the fans are with rumors. It's not like they're purposely putting out the rumors to screw with the fans. All these rumors are an indication that the front office is working hard and considering multiple possible trade options. They are going to take their time, evaluate all their options (including some trade options that haven't even come up yet), and then pull the trigger when they know they're making the best move for the team. And that likely won't happen until March 1st at the very least.
Helljumper

Postby The Laker Link on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Phil XI wrote:So basically, a recap of everything being discussed on CL the past few weeks. Original, Pete.

See, Exhibit A.

We want things that are having substance, instead of hearing something new or the same stuff.....we could basically make a thread now that says "LAKERS INTERESTED IN EVERYONE" and put everything there until something says for 3 days straight, the Lakers are working for this person, or are close to getting this person.

I know it is hard to check and GUARANTEE trades, but still........
The Laker Link

Postby Alcindor on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:07 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
air_bryant08 wrote:I'll believe it when I see it.......

You'll see it sometime in the next 15 days. :man1:

Or not.
Alcindor

Postby The Laker Link on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Helljumper wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:
Helljumper wrote:Be patient. The Lakers aren't just going to rush into a trade because the fans are tired of not knowing what's going on.

I agree. I'm tired of the rumors. We all know something is going to happen, so I just want whatever move we're going to eventually make to happen ASAP so I can stop worrying about all these rumors.

But the front office does not, and should not, care about how fed up the fans are with rumors. It's not like they're purposely putting out the rumors to screw with the fans. All these rumors are an indication that the front office is working hard and considering multiple possible trade options. They are going to take their time, evaluate all their options (including some trade options that haven't even come up yet), and then pull the trigger when they know they're making the best move for the team. And that likely won't happen until March 1st at the very least.

Yeah I know, I am not mad at the FO as much as I am just mad and hearing each and everything thing on here, only for someone to say something else tomorrow or to hear that it is some Troll just trying to annoy everyone, WHICH FROM TIME TO TIME IS SUCCEEDING, so..........

Mostly, I like hearing something is going on, but I want to hear that it is still going on....not just hear it once and then we have a 10 page thread and then it gets locked after 24 hours because there is nothing else on the topic of the trade or because people say it isn't going to happen, and then tomorrow something new.

I got hooked and joined this website because of the rumors, so I LOVE RUMORS, but it just seems tedious this year to hear something new every day......doesn't seem like it was this bad a few years ago.

Seemed like the false stuff got weeded through quickly and then the hard stuff stuck around and we heard it to the deadline because it either happened or not.

But this year, it changes names or that it is on or off.........so now I am getting a headache because of all the changing in information due to whatever someone sees.
The Laker Link

Postby Phil XI on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:17 pm

The Laker Link wrote:....we could basically make a thread now that says "LAKERS INTERESTED IN EVERYONE".....

:bow: exactly. Let's do it.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:22 pm

kenzo wrote:
karacha wrote:I do believe Mitch is working on something.

But I don't know what, and I will be sure only when the trade is completed.

Completed... and then approved :man9:

Basketball reasons.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby bystander on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Obviously, nothing until the 1st March deadline passes.Now, those 15 days next will be crazy.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby TIME on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:18 pm

We do indeed have active threads for every one of Vescey's "insider" contributions.

Locking this for Basketball Reasons.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Graveyard