Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:05 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
As for Lakers, Ramon Sessions, Kirk Hinrich, Jameer Nelson all said to be on radar. Potentially Jason Terry, too.


Ramon, Jameer, Terry........I'm ok with.

Kirk Hinrich.....Please, let's lock up the next Steve Blake on the team. :freak2:

- I'll be livid if we get Hinrich and our PG situation is Hinrich / Blake.... :hurl:


At least Hinrich can defend the SG position better than Blake :man10:
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:24 am

Jameer Nelson: 56th Guard overall in terms of Offensive Efficiency (out of 151)
Scoring Efficiency: 5.4 (PG average was 5.2)
Passing Efficiency: 3.9 (PG average was 3.7)
Hustle Efficiency: 1.9 (PG average was 2.2)
Offensive Efficiency: 74.7 (PG average was 72.7)

Combo guard, takes big shots, not a good defender at PG. Not an upgrade over Sessions at this point in his career.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46249
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:03 pm

No wonder he opted out of 9 million....

Toward the end of last season, Howard came close to a physical altercation with teammate Jameer Nelson at the Magic’s practice facility. Howard was sidelined with a back injury at the time, but nearly came to blows with Nelson for unknown reasons, according to sources. The two players had to be separated.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19424
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Jameer Nelson To The Lakers?

Postby Frank Dux on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:15 pm

eltoro wrote:Jameer is very underrated.


He's rated just fine. Shooting guard in a point guards body. Good shooter, average floor general.

eltoro wrote:We can get him at a good price.

We can? Last time I checked we only have the mini MLE to offer. Jameer is certainly looking for a big pay day.

eltoro wrote:fantasy league that ESPN does is that there is a wealth of information available at your fingertips.

Ever heard of 82games or basketballreference?
User avatar
Frank Dux

 
Posts: 4183
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Re: Jameer Nelson To The Lakers?

Postby eltoro on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
eltoro wrote:Jameer is very underrated.


He's rated just fine. Shooting guard in a point guards body. Good shooter, average floor general.

eltoro wrote:We can get him at a good price.

We can? Last time I checked we only have the mini MLE to offer. Jameer is certainly looking for a big pay day.

eltoro wrote:fantasy league that ESPN does is that there is a wealth of information available at your fingertips.

Ever heard of 82games or basketballreference?



I actually used a bunch of the stats off of 82games for making my trades and agent signings on ESPN fantasy basketball. And Jameer is sooooo vastly underrated, it ain't even funny. He consistently, not only has a good shooting, but also has one of the highest efficiency ratings of point guards in the NBA. I don't think he is gonna sign for the MLE, but he isn't commanding big bucks either. We need to get Jameer. That would really help Kobe on the perimeter.
eltoro

 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:49 pm

eltoro wrote:but also has one of the highest efficiency ratings of point guards in the NBA.
trodgers wrote:Jameer Nelson: 56th Guard overall in terms of Offensive Efficiency (out of 151)
Scoring Efficiency: 5.4 (PG average was 5.2)
Passing Efficiency: 3.9 (PG average was 3.7)
Hustle Efficiency: 1.9 (PG average was 2.2)
Offensive Efficiency: 74.7 (PG average was 72.7)

Combo guard, takes big shots, not a good defender at PG. Not an upgrade over Sessions at this point in his career.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39912
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby dj vitus on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:04 pm

NBA.com has Jameer's efficiency at #41 for all guards... just one below Sessions. :man11: Interestingly, Jose Calderon is at #20 for all guards...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9349
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby eltoro on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Jameer was on fire and top 10 in efficiency before last seasons Dwight debacle ruined their team.
eltoro

 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby Vito Andolini on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:27 pm

Would much rather re-sign sessions.

Injury prone and overrated.
User avatar
Vito Andolini

 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby purp n gold on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:49 pm

eltoro wrote:Jameer was on fire and top 10 in efficiency before last seasons Dwight debacle ruined their team.


So it's Howard's fault that Nelson didn't play well? More like, it's Howard's fault that Nelson overachieved in certain points of his career.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
User avatar
purp n gold

 
Posts: 2335
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 am

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby trodgers on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:15 am

eltoro wrote:Jameer was on fire and top 10 in efficiency before last seasons Dwight debacle ruined their team.

I checked Nelson for 2009/10 and for 2010/11
2009/10:
Scoring: 5.6
Passing: 3.9
Hustle: 2.0
Offensive Efficiency: 79

2010/2011:
Scoring: 5.4
Passing: 3.9
Hustle: 1.9
Offensive Efficiency: 75

Pretty darn consistently...slightly above average.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46249
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby Sideways on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:49 am

eltoro wrote:
Weezy wrote:F*** that I don't want him anywhere near the Lakers. He's a little bit younger version of Fisher these days, just with a bit more production and none of the leadership skills and clutch ability.



Umm, did you hear what I said. Nelson, in his limited opportunities with the dysfunctional Orlando team, still had one of the highest PER efficiency ratings of point guards in the league last year. You are absolutely delusional if you think he is at the level of Derrick Fisher. We can get this guy for cheap!



You're a Lakers' fan and you call him Derrick?

:man4: :man13: :man10: :man10:
User avatar
Sideways

 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby eltoro on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:06 am

Sideways wrote:
eltoro wrote:
Weezy wrote:F*** that I don't want him anywhere near the Lakers. He's a little bit younger version of Fisher these days, just with a bit more production and none of the leadership skills and clutch ability.



Umm, did you hear what I said. Nelson, in his limited opportunities with the dysfunctional Orlando team, still had one of the highest PER efficiency ratings of point guards in the league last year. You are absolutely delusional if you think he is at the level of Derrick Fisher. We can get this guy for cheap!



You're a Lakers' fan and you call him Derrick?

:man4: :man13: :man10: :man10:



Dude. Mispelled his name. Get over it.
eltoro

 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby Kou on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Maybe it this was 4 years ago.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
User avatar
Kou

 
Posts: 3042
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:22 am

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:36 am

:man10: Raymon
User avatar
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:52 am
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby eltoro on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:40 am

Would you rather have...
1) Jameer Nelson + Raymon Sessions
- OR -
2) Ramon Sessions + Steve Blake
?????????????????????????

I rest my case.
Last edited by eltoro on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
eltoro

 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:27 am

Raymon Sessions. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19424
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby karacha on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:32 am

Who is Raymon Sessions? :man3:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37443
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 am

Everybody loves Raymon
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7820
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:16 am

eltoro wrote:Would you rather have...
1) Jameer Nelson + Raymon Sessions
- OR -
2) Ramon Sessions + Steve Blake
?????????????????????????

I rest my case.


here you go el toro, this is a case where you can actually use your claim that said player is using us as leverage to get a bigger contract, unlike Deron :man10: .......Nelson isn't opting out of $8mill/yr to settle for our garbage mini mle, it would take him nearly 3 season to make up for the 1 season he just gave up, yea think for a moment, nobody that dumb.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10406
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Lakers one of several options for Jameer Nelson

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Not anymore...
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
Image
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
User avatar
Lakeshow24

 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Previous

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.