Link to Kobe's press conference video

Link to Kobe's press conference video

Postby Lakerqueen on Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:47 pm

For those of you who missed Kobe's press conference on Friday, here is the link. It might not work for everyone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/players/video?skin=basic&format=wmp&rate=100&id=1582823&wmp9=true

It's the "I'm innocent" video
Lakerqueen

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:51 pm

Thanx..... I didnt c it, and somehow yesterday it was actin up on me... I just saw it.. Man, i could hear his innocence in his voice! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakerqueen on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:05 pm

Did anyone here the idiot Court TV lady on MSNBC the other night? She was saying how she didn't believe anything that Kobe was saying...blah, blah, blah. If you want more info, let me know.
Lakerqueen

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:06 pm

Hook me up with the more info...... :man5:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakerqueen on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:23 pm

She said she didn't believe Kobe because he was nervous, he wouldn't make eye contact, he didn't stay around to answer questions, he wasn't prepared, and he should have read off of a prepared script. She also said that he should be used to talking in front of the media, and thus wouldn't be nervous. What a load of crap! Here's why:
If Kobe had read off of a script, there is no way that would seem compelling. Everyone would have thought he was lying and trying to make himself look good. Why shouldn't he be nervous? He just committed adultery and is ashamed and embarrassed. He didn't make eyecontact for the same reasons. He doesn't have to answer to the public, and if he did answer questions it could affect his testimony and trial. Even if he had been prepared, he was way too emotional to remember what he had been told by his lawyers. And, true, Kobe is used to talking to the media....about BASKETBALL... not his personal life... and this is about as personal as you can get. He hates talking about his personal life, so you know this had to be hard for him.
I personally am glad that he did the press conference the way he did. It was straight from the heart, he apologized to his wife, declared his innocence, but talked about the importance of his family as the most prominent thing of all.
Lakerqueen

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:26 pm

YEAP!!!! He made it pubically known that he cheated on his wife....Hell I'd be nervous off mah [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]... Kobe's used of bein the media's attention for different reasons on the court.... He was also nervous when he let it out what his family truly feels about for Vanessa. Man, this lady is a crock of S&it... She has no right, and ur right gyrl.... I'm glad Kobe didn't read off of a script, and I'm glad he didn't answer questions... He shouldnt answer anyway without his lawyer there, so where's her justification? Kobe went on conference with his wife beside him, and they're gonna go through it together.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:37 pm

Doubtfully, but if anyone missed his speach, YOU MUST see it. It was unbelievably touching...

Either Kobe is telling the truth or he is the best actor to ever live on earth.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakerqueen on Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:16 pm

Definitely agreed.

Here is the statement released by Kobe's lawyer

"I am innocent of the charges filed today. I did not assault the woman who is accusing me. I made the mistake of adultery. I have to answer to my wife and my God for my actions that night and I pray that both will forgive me. Nothing that happened June 30th was against the will of the woman who now falsely accuses me. These false allegations have hurt my family. I will fight against these allegations with all my strength. My wife is the strongest person I know. She is willing to stand by me despite my mistake. That means everything to me. I have so much to live for. And by that I do not mean the contracts, or the money, or the fame. I mean my family. I will fight for them. I appreciate all those who have supported me. Thank you for believing in me. My family and I are going to need your support and prayers now more than ever."

Here is what he said at the press conference:

"I'm innocent. You know, I didn't force her to do anything against her will. I'm innocent. You know, I sit here in front of you guys, furious at myself, disgusted at myself for making the mistake of adultery.

"And I love my wife with all my heart. She's my backbone. (to Vanessa) You're a blessing. You're a piece of my heart, you're the air I breath. You're the strongest person I know and I'm so sorry for having to put you through this, and having to put our family through this.

"And I'm a human being. I'm a man just like everybody else. I mourn, I cry just like everybody else. And I sit here before you guys, embarrassed and ashamed for committing adultery. And you know if I could go through the feeling of -- if I could just turn back the hands of time -- and I love my wife so much. She's so special to me. But I'm innocent. And together, my wife and I and my family, we're going to fight these false accusations.

"We have a lot at stake, I have a lot at stake, and it has nothing to do with the game of basketball, it has nothing to do with endorsements. Nothing at all. This is about us. This is about our family. And I've been falsely accused of something and I'm innocent. Shoulder to shoulder we're going to fight this all the way to the end.

"And I appreciate everybody out there for their support. And we're going to need their support and prayers now more than ever. Thank you."
Lakerqueen

Return to The Graveyard