OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby 432J on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:10 pm

blake for mayo would be amazing. getting ride of garbage and bringing in a pretty good player. now if only they could do that, forget about howard, and sign both hills and jamison. omgggggg

:bow: :bow: :bow:
432J

Postby wallangong on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:11 pm

eltoro, what leads you to believe we could have gotten him at $3M?

Lou was going to turn down $2M more per year, a chance to play in his hometown, a chance to start and take a lot of shots, for what? he's young, he's not chasing titles.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby khmrP on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:15 pm

I dont believe the mcrobert/blake part though, Grizz got Bayless and Shelby is probably as good of a backup as blake probably better in the scoring department.
khmrP

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:20 pm

eltoro wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:eltoro, its the fact that you don't ACKNOWLEDGE the obvious facts that we DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO OFFER TO LOU WILLIAMS FOR HIM TO COME TO OUR TEAM. He signed for 5M, we didn't HAVE 5M to offer, we only had 3M to offer. So even if we DID go after him, he wouldn't have taken 3M a year from us, because he could get 5M from another team, which he ended up getting. The same can be said for OJ Mayo. He isn't coming here for 3M, because another team (The Suns) can offer way more and they'll offer him a starting spot too (which we can't).

Stop asking for props on a technicality.

I just acknowledged it above in my most recent reply to Doc Brown. See above a couple of posts. I think we still coulda gotten Lou at $3.09. Yes, I know he eventually went for $5M to Atlanta.

You would have a point if ATL got him for 3M...but they didn't, they paid him 5M. Lakers couldn't have gotten him for 3M. They won't get OJ Mayo for that amount either. You know why? Because as long as there is a stupid team willing to pay him more, we don't stand a chance. In both cases, there was a team willing to pay more. Market dictates a players worth. It's why the Nets paid the MAX for Brook Lopez; another stupid team was willing to give him the same amount.

Look, we don't wanna gang up on you, that's not our intention. You bring it on yourself a lot when you make ridiculous posts and you have no idea what you're talking about. For a WHILE you thought the lakers had the MLE (worth 5M), when they DIDN'T. You literally went blind into posts saying "where does it say that the Lakers don't have MLE? Show me the proof and I won't say anything". It's almost common knowledge amongst Lakers fans that we don't have the MLE because we're over the cap and we're over the luxury tax level of 70M. We have the mini MLE for the foreseeable future until we get below the cap, which won't be for a while as long as we field a team of Bryant, Gasol, Bynum and Nash. You need to just do your homework before you come in here and start talking out of your butt. People are going to CONTINUE to call you out as long as you don't know your facts. Actually, its fine if you don't know ur facts. It's the fact that you keep on trying to argue despite NOT knowing your facts and being proven wrong by MULTIPLE people. Does this make sense? (I feel like ive said this to you like 10 times already in 10 different threads, the fact that you have my attention and 10 other prominent CL posters attention should say something to you, and its not in a good way either)
FabFourLakers

Postby eltoro on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:20 pm

wallangong wrote:eltoro, what leads you to believe we could have gotten him at $3M?

Lou was going to turn down $2M more per year, a chance to play in his hometown, a chance to start and take a lot of shots, for what? he's young, he's not chasing titles.

I don't know.

Sooo... About OJ Mayo. He could be had for cheap, and I think that Snoop tweeted a hint the other day that he thinks OJ Mayo is getting interest from the Lakers.
eltoro

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 pm

eltoro wrote:
wallangong wrote:eltoro, what leads you to believe we could have gotten him at $3M?

I don't know.

GoldHammish

Postby eltoro on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:29 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
eltoro wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:eltoro, its the fact that you don't ACKNOWLEDGE the obvious facts that we DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO OFFER TO LOU WILLIAMS FOR HIM TO COME TO OUR TEAM. He signed for 5M, we didn't HAVE 5M to offer, we only had 3M to offer. So even if we DID go after him, he wouldn't have taken 3M a year from us, because he could get 5M from another team, which he ended up getting. The same can be said for OJ Mayo. He isn't coming here for 3M, because another team (The Suns) can offer way more and they'll offer him a starting spot too (which we can't).

Stop asking for props on a technicality.

I just acknowledged it above in my most recent reply to Doc Brown. See above a couple of posts. I think we still coulda gotten Lou at $3.09. Yes, I know he eventually went for $5M to Atlanta.

You would have a point if ATL got him for 3M...but they didn't, they paid him 5M. Lakers couldn't have gotten him for 3M. They won't get OJ Mayo for that amount either. You know why? Because as long as there is a stupid team willing to pay him more, we don't stand a chance. In both cases, there was a team willing to pay more. Market dictates a players worth. It's why the Nets paid the MAX for Brook Lopez; another stupid team was willing to give him the same amount.

Look, we don't wanna gang up on you, that's not our intention. You bring it on yourself a lot when you make ridiculous posts and you have no idea what you're talking about. For a WHILE you thought the lakers had the MLE (worth 5M), when they DIDN'T. You literally went blind into posts saying "where does it say that the Lakers don't have MLE? Show me the proof and I won't say anything". It's almost common knowledge amongst Lakers fans that we don't have the MLE because we're over the cap and we're over the luxury tax level of 70M. We have the mini MLE for the foreseeable future until we get below the cap, which won't be for a while as long as we field a team of Bryant, Gasol, Bynum and Nash. You need to just do your homework before you come in here and start talking out of your butt. People are going to CONTINUE to call you out as long as you don't know your facts. Actually, its fine if you don't know ur facts. It's the fact that you keep on trying to argue despite NOT knowing your facts and being proven wrong by MULTIPLE people. Does this make sense? (I feel like ive said this to you like 10 times already in 10 different threads, the fact that you have my attention and 10 other prominent CL posters attention should say something to you, and its not in a good way either)

Hey, I already moved on, but you guys are unrelentless in "calling me out". Think about how mean it is to call someone out. It certainly isn't nice. I mean, you guys are obsessive, like making pics in Photoshop and posting videos just to make fun of me. That is like stalkerish obsessive.

But about Lou. I don't know. The Lakers could've tried, but they didn't. I mean, ok. Somehow, I did make the mistake of thinking the miniMLe was $5M, but I guess it was $3.5M. And actually, I messed that up to. It's $3.09M. But like, the new CBA just came out. Jw can any of you guys blame me, or anyone, for messing that up?

So, I mean, the Lakers shoulda offered Lou what they could and he might've accepted. It's like, who cares! What is the difference between $3.09M and $5M. It's almost $2M, but Lou would've taken less money being in LA, but he would still be in LA instead of Atlanta. And all y guys are always talking about how great LA is.
eltoro

Postby WilliamHaven on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Clicked on this thread assuming there was new info because it grew 4 more pages....instead 4 more pages of random junk about a player we could not afford. Nice.

So I'm assuming no info other than a curious radio mention?
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Eltoro.. You didn't even read his post correctly.. He said the contract Lou OPTED OUT OF was almost 7M.. He didn't say the contract that he signed with ATL.. I believe he was scheduled to make in the neighborhood of 5.9M from Philly this season before opting out.. Someone that knows the actual numbers feel free to correct me..

With that said, I wanted us to attempt to S&T for Lou Williams too, but I would prefer Mayo.. The kid has wanted to be a Laker since he was a child.. He constantly mentioned it when interviewed on the subject.. I think being able to learn from Kobe & live out his dream is exactly what is needed to take his game to the next level
lakersin4

Postby MadMax on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:42 pm

GoldHammish wrote:
eltoro wrote:

I don't know.

Perfect! :man10:
MadMax

Postby eltoro on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Hey, stop it guys. I corrected myself already. I think like the difference between $3.09M and $5M isn't a lot. So, Lou Williams might've chosen LA over ATL. I mean, LA is prolly a better place to live and the money is not the most important thing. So, Lakers shoula offered him that and he might be here.

About OJ Mayo. I am glad he was a lifelong Laker fan. Would be good to have him. I didn't like the scandal at USC, but he is decent.
eltoro

Postby TIME on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:48 pm

eltoro wrote:
Hey, I already moved on, but you guys are unrelentless in "calling me out".

Would you prefer them to be relentless in calling you out rather than unrelentless?
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby wallangong on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:51 pm

TIME wrote:
eltoro wrote:
Hey, I already moved on, but you guys are unrelentless in "calling me out".

Would you prefer them to be relentless in calling you out rather than unrelentless?

i literally "LOL'd" :man10:
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:53 pm

eltoro wrote:Hey, stop it guys. I corrected myself already. I think like the difference between $3.09M and $5M isn't a lot. So, Lou Williams might've chosen LA over ATL. I mean, LA is prolly a better place to live and the money is not the most important thing. So, Lakers shoula offered him that and he might be here.

About OJ Mayo. I am glad he was a lifelong Laker fan. Would be good to have him. I didn't like the scandal at USC, but he is decent.

The difference is 38.2%. I bet you'd be hard pressed to find any one who would take that large of a pay cut to play less minutes in a place which isn't your home town.
GoldHammish

Postby eltoro on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Hey, you guys are really being jerks. Now, making fun of my grammar. So what? I can speak English. Stop acting like you are better or smarter than me just because of a little grammar error.
eltoro

Postby wallangong on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm

eltoro wrote:Hey, you guys are really being jerks. Now, making fun of my grammar. So what? I can speak English. Stop acting like you are better or smarter than me just because of a little grammar error.

i'm almost beginning to think this is a rouse and we're all the ones getting played.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby Tobias Funke on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:00 pm

I saw it mentioned somewhere that props were being given out?

Im down.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Nashty Gal on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 pm

wallangong wrote:
eltoro wrote:Hey, you guys are really being jerks. Now, making fun of my grammar. So what? I can speak English. Stop acting like you are better or smarter than me just because of a little grammar error.

i'm almost beginning to think this is a rouse and we're all the ones getting played.

Yeah, I've had that thought for awhile

The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Showtime'sDynasty on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:02 pm

wallangong wrote:

I'm 99.0824 percent sure of it.
Showtime'sDynasty

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 pm

wallangong wrote:

I kind of hope it is :man10:
GoldHammish

Postby Mookie on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:08 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
jamabile wrote:Is there any other reputable source that can confirm that OJ is consider our team besides Am 570?

I believe Marc J. Spears reported earlier on his twitter that OJ Mayo is receiving interest from the Lakers, Mavs, Suns, and Bulls and he will make a decision within the next 10 days.

10 Days? Oh boy, here we go to another massive thread.
Mookie

Postby eltoro on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Ok, can we get back to OJ Mayo. I'm not cool with you guys ridiculing me by posting photoshopped pictures, videos, etc. and to the guy that thinks I am a fake. I am not. All I did, if you check couple pages ago was make one minor, one sentence comment about how the Lakers shoulda got another point guard. That is it. I then, got drawn in and ganged up on by a bunch of you. I am done talking about that ther player. I shouldn't have gotten into that because you guys just asked me a bunch of questions so that you could paint me into a corner and make me look stupid. That was just wrong.

About OJ Mayo. Snoop tweeted about Mayo interested in the Lakers... I think of Mayo as more of a shooer and less of a distributed, so I a, not sure how he could get any big minutes behind Kobe. Now, OJ discussions please.
eltoro

Postby GoatMilk16 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Lakers, Suns, Mavs, Bulls eh?

he starts on those 3 teams. why would he sign here?
GoatMilk16

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:13 pm

GoatMilk16 wrote:Lakers, Suns, Mavs, Bulls eh?

he starts on those 3 teams. why would he sign here?

To win a title obviously.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby GoatMilk16 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 pm

meh. he's too young to ring chase
i hope im wrong, but i dont see him signing here
GoatMilk16

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard