OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby Congo Cash on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:02 pm

bystander wrote:
I don't, because, you know, he's a scrub. He's been one all his nba career.

Well, compared to our bench he is solid :man11: , but I agree that I find him mediocre, and after scoring there nothing else much to show... It's just we are so desperate we will take anyone who is cheap and can somewhat score... I mean some people are advocating Allen Iverson! :man10:

Anyone who thinks he deserves 8 mil should watch his wonderful PO performance... :man10: :man10: He has been trash 2 years in a row...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby sina on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Miss Phil...
sina

Postby nameant on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:36 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
Weezy wrote:If he thinks he's worth 8 mil per year he needs to get real.

Well considering that you have guys like Lopez and Hibbert getting max money it's not out of the realm of possibility that Mayo gets 8 million. There's alot of stupid GM's out there. Lucky for us Mitch isn't one of them.

And big men get overpaid b/c they're big men. Mayo has been a disappoint his entire career thus far.
nameant

Postby BadCoaching on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Mayo has skill, not sure he has heart or dedication.. maybe he'd learn something coming here?

8 million is an absolute joke with the new contract/limits.
BadCoaching

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:40 pm

nameant wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

Well considering that you have guys like Lopez and Hibbert getting max money it's not out of the realm of possibility that Mayo gets 8 million. There's alot of stupid GM's out there. Lucky for us Mitch isn't one of them.

And big men get overpaid b/c they're big men. Mayo has been a disappoint his entire career thus far.

Bigs aren't the only players who get overpaid. See Jeremy Lin.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Kou on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:45 pm

For 8 million? Bye.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
Kou

Postby XXIV on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:45 pm

^^ J Lin is getting paid due to his marketability in addition to his skills as a player.
XXIV

Postby nameant on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:53 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
nameant wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

Bigs aren't the only players who get overpaid. See Jeremy Lin.

Outside of being younger and having shown more "promise" in his 1 year of play....it's obvious Houston wants him for other reasons other than what Lin will do ON the court. SG/SF scorers are a dime a dozen in this league.
nameant

Postby Kou on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Lin = Money
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
Kou

Postby khmrP on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:29 pm

pretty much Lin could revitalize Hou pressence in the chinese market.
khmrP

Postby eltoro on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:44 pm

If everyone thinks Lin is so marketable and says that he is gonna make tons of money for the franchise he signs with, then what is New York's issue? I'm sure that what Lin joule bring to the organization would far offset any luxury taxes they would have to pay. When Yao wathrifty Houston, the Rockets organization made a killing selling TV rights to Chinese markets.
eltoro

Postby khmrP on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:36 pm

eltoro wrote:If everyone thinks Lin is so marketable and says that he is gonna make tons of money for the franchise he signs with, then what is New York's issue? I'm sure that what Lin joule bring to the organization would far offset any luxury taxes they would have to pay. When Yao wathrifty Houston, the Rockets organization made a killing selling TV rights to Chinese markets.

well thats NY, Hou isn't a tax paying team and in addition they get to pay Lin the avg salary as oppose to the giant 3rd year that NY has to consider.
khmrP

Postby Congo Cash on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:52 pm

KeepBynum wrote:Bigs aren't the only players who get overpaid. See Jeremy Lin.

His name alone is worth 8 mil since Houston has no superstars to sell tickets or merchandises... Lin has shown more promise even in limited games unlike OJ Mayo, who has been a huge bust so far (like nameant just said).....
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby eltoro on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:58 pm

NYC would only be paying that luxury tax in Lin's 3rd year and it's a tax based on the total salaries, not just Lin's. So, if they want to blame overpriced players, then NYC need look no further than Carmelo's contract.

I guess since Houston had Yao, they know the real value and enormous amount of money that can be had with an Asian-American star athlete. NYC is dumb. Actually, their owner is dumb. They easily could've made more than enough to offset any luxury tax in Lin's final year.
eltoro

Postby harrise007 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:20 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:i cringed during the lakers summer league game right now when they posed the hypothetical situation if nash was out for a stretch of 15-20 games and goudelock or morris would have to fill in as the starting PGs

WOW that is scary I have watched both summer league games and I have to be honest. Brown caught a lot of flack for not playing those guys. awwwhe did the RIGHT THING!!! YUK!
harrise007

Postby eltoro on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Mayo was supposed to be All-Everything coming out of high school. He went to USC... and that was a dirty move. He had an agent direct him there. Got paid! That agent and him. And really, he wasn't that great at SC. Still got drafted and made the NBA, but really. He hasn't done much at Memphis. I think he has had enough years to make the big deal everyone made him out to be. He just isn't that good.
eltoro

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Kou wrote:For 8 million? Bye.

Even if it's a sign & trade featuring Blake & McRobers? I'd rather give OJ a deal starting at 7.1M than have it split between those 2..
lakersin4

Postby Psychobroker on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:30 pm

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:
GoatMilk16 wrote:^1 game bro

Still shows what he can do ... if somebody here really wouldn't want this guy for our bench ... I don't understand that.

He won't end up with us anyway.

That's like saying the following vid shows what Steve Blake can do..

Mayo would be nice off the bench, but not for $8M/yr.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby Frank Dux on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:47 pm

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
OJ Mayo came to town but Suns made no contract offer. He wants 8 mill + a year and for Phx to be interested that price has to come down.

:man10: Yeah no thanks. Bayless is a pretty comparable player to Mayo- both being decent, young combo guards, and Bayless got only 3.X mill a year...

Consider this, Mayo has never, NEVER finished an NBA season with a PER above 15(which is considered the NBA average). I don't really get the fascination with the guy, he's a solid combo guard with little upside. Yeah, he would be a great fit here for the right price(as a bench player), but he has zero all star potential due to his size and efficiency.

all that said, I would welcome him here for the mini MLE. other than that? MEH and good riddance.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Id settle for Meeks, he's an established shooter, with nash all we need is a shooter. Mayo is overrated and isn't a very good/consistent shooter even though he settles a lot for jumpers rather than go to the hole.
khmrP

Postby lilman2834 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:46 am

Frank Dux wrote:
John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
OJ Mayo came to town but Suns made no contract offer. He wants 8 mill + a year and for Phx to be interested that price has to come down.

:man10: Yeah no thanks. Bayless is a pretty comparable player to Mayo- both being decent, young combo guards, and Bayless got only 3.X mill a year...

Consider this, Mayo has never, NEVER finished an NBA season with a PER above 15(which is considered the NBA average). I don't really get the fascination with the guy, he's a solid combo guard with little upside. Yeah, he would be a great fit here for the right price(as a bench player), but he has zero all star potential due to his size and efficiency.

all that said, I would welcome him here for the mini MLE. other than that? MEH and goo
d riddance.

Dang.he did look good.he made mcrob look like we should keep him.sucks dat he got death threats. Well.best thing we can do for him is..........trade him
*Some times u got to blow it twice.shake it up.n roll the dice*
lilman2834

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:25 am

Probasketballdraft ‏@Probballdraft
A source tells Pro Basketball Draft the Suns are talking with Shannon Brown. Phoenix pursuing OJ Mayo too, source believes Brown is Plan B.

I'd take Shannon back at this point, we are so desperate for bench help. And on top of that, I don't want to see Blake play the 2 guard or well any position for the Lakers again.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:50 am

LetShannongo.com, LetShannonstayaway.com
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby kray28 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:16 am

Lin is worth way more than that....that's a veritable bargain for his marketability.
kray28

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 am

kray28 wrote:

Lin is worth way more than that....that's a veritable bargain for his marketability.

I agree with you from an owner's perspective. His game is actually worth that money too if he plays the way he did last season when he was healthy.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard