OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:30 pm

eltoro wrote:I didn't think that is correct. You say that Lou got twice the 3.5 mini MLE. So basically, you are saying that Lou Williams got $7M. No. I don't think so. Go check it. He got a lot less. He got $5M, not $7M.

So he got $5M. WE STILL COULDN'T OFFER HIM THAT MUCH.
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby eltoro on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:34 pm

I don't know why everybody is jumping on me. All I said was that we shoulda got Lou Williams. That's it. Then, I proved a bunch of you people wrong that claimed that Lou Williams got $7M. And I correctly showed you that he actually got $5M. So, how about giving me my props?

Anyway, let's just talk about OJ Mayo. I think you guys are ganging up on me and are just mad that I showed your mistake about the $7M thing. But that's ok. I don't hold it against anybody, but I think I made my point that the Lakers shoulda gotten Lou Williams. OK, back to Mayo.
eltoro

 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby wallangong on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:36 pm

congrats on stating he got $5M. doesn't change the point everyone else is making.

and we all couldn't care less about the $7m thing, bringing up Lou is still a moot point.
Go Buffs.
User avatar
wallangong

 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby The Laker Link on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:37 pm

There could be more to it to get a back-up PG of some kind but that would be rad.
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8088
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:37 pm

eltoro wrote:I don't know why everybody is jumping on me. All I said was that we shoulda got Lou Williams. That's it. Then, I proved a bunch of you people wrong that claimed that Lou Williams got $7M. And I correctly showed you that he actually got $5M. So, how about giving me my props?

Anyway, let's just talk about OJ Mayo. I think you guys are ganging up on me and are just mad that I showed your mistake about the $7M thing. But that's ok. I don't hold it against anybody, but I think I made my point that the Lakers shoulda gotten Lou Williams. OK, back to Mayo.


So how do we give Lou Williams then? You seem to be very knowledgeable about these type of things. How would we get ole Lou on the Lakers?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Only we could've gotten Williams was a sign and trade. We have nothing that Philly would want. Case closed.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 pm

eltoro wrote:I don't know why everybody is jumping on me. All I said was that we shoulda got Lou Williams. That's it. Then, I proved a bunch of you people wrong that claimed that Lou Williams got $7M. And I correctly showed you that he actually got $5M. So, how about giving me my props?

Anyway, let's just talk about OJ Mayo. I think you guys are ganging up on me and are just mad that I showed your mistake about the $7M thing. But that's ok. I don't hold it against anybody, but I think I made my point that the Lakers shoulda gotten Lou Williams. OK, back to Mayo.

GoldHammish wrote:Care to explain how instead of complaining about something that we couldn't have done? We don't have the cap space to sign him out right. We don't have the full MLE which is the amount that he ended up getting. We don't have any assets to give Philly back if they wanted to S&T with us because those went to Phoenix for Nash.
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby Uncle_Drew on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 pm

its pointless talking about Louie..


Mayo is just what this team needs.. An impact scorer/shooter whos young for our bench.. Lets say we dump Blake and we could sign one FA pg

some decent players
Randy Foye
Aaron Brooks
Udrih
Nate Robinson
AJ Price
Johnny Flynn ****
Uncle_Drew

 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby eltoro on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
eltoro wrote:I don't know why everybody is jumping on me. All I said was that we shoulda got Lou Williams. That's it. Then, I proved a bunch of you people wrong that claimed that Lou Williams got $7M. And I correctly showed you that he actually got $5M. So, how about giving me my props?

Anyway, let's just talk about OJ Mayo. I think you guys are ganging up on me and are just mad that I showed your mistake about the $7M thing. But that's ok. I don't hold it against anybody, but I think I made my point that the Lakers shoulda gotten Lou Williams. OK, back to Mayo.


So how do we give Lou Williams then? You seem to be very knowledgeable about these type of things. How would we get ole Lou on the Lakers?



Can we get back to OJ Mayo instead of all you guys jumping on me? I'm done with Lou Williams. We coulda and shoulda gotten him by offering what we had. You know, that 3.5M. Man, I swear. It's like I show you that I was right about the $5M thing and then you guys go looking for another potential error that I made instead of giving me props. Bottom line, we shoulda gone after Lou Williams.

Now, how about OJ Majo?
eltoro

 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Can we talk about OJ Mayo? I mean jeez I'm going to go ahead and spend a paragraph not talking about him, but why am I doing that? It's like I do this incredible job of derailing a thread, then realize that I'm wrong, so I cling to the one thing that I said right and ask you guys to stop talking about it. It's not like I'm saying anything to continue derailing this thread. I'm not the one still talking about something irrelevant that I was proven wrong about but am still saying something that I said right, no matter how irrelevant it is.

Now how about we get back on topic?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby Nashty Gal on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:47 pm

:man10:
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
User avatar
Nashty Gal

 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby wallangong on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:48 pm

eltoro wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
eltoro wrote:I don't know why everybody is jumping on me. All I said was that we shoulda got Lou Williams. That's it. Then, I proved a bunch of you people wrong that claimed that Lou Williams got $7M. And I correctly showed you that he actually got $5M. So, how about giving me my props?

Anyway, let's just talk about OJ Mayo. I think you guys are ganging up on me and are just mad that I showed your mistake about the $7M thing. But that's ok. I don't hold it against anybody, but I think I made my point that the Lakers shoulda gotten Lou Williams. OK, back to Mayo.


So how do we give Lou Williams then? You seem to be very knowledgeable about these type of things. How would we get ole Lou on the Lakers?



Can we get back to OJ Mayo instead of all you guys jumping on me? I'm done with Lou Williams. We coulda and shoulda gotten him by offering what we had. You know, that 3.5M. Man, I swear. It's like I show you that I was right about the $5M thing and then you guys go looking for another potential error that I made instead of giving me props. Bottom line, we shoulda gone after Lou Williams.

Now, how about OJ Majo?


what's aggravating people is that you act as though you should get an award for pointing out the $5M. congrats, but "coulda and shoulda gotten him by offering what we had"? that still doesn't add up.
Go Buffs.
User avatar
wallangong

 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:51 pm

eltoro wrote:Can we get back to OJ Mayo instead of all you guys jumping on me? I'm done with Lou Williams. We coulda and shoulda gotten him by offering what we had. You know, that 3.5M. Man, I swear. It's like I show you that I was right about the $5M thing and then you guys go looking for another potential error that I made instead of giving me props. Bottom line, we shoulda gone after Lou Williams.

Now, how about OJ Majo?


Well we can only offer 3.09 million mini-MLE, not 3.5M. No one cares about the 5M thing, it's irrelevant to the argument. I'm going to make this about as basic and easy to understand as possible....

Lakers only have 3 million dollars of the mini-MLE

Lou Williams signed for 5 million dollars

Lakers are two million dollars short of his asking price.

Give me props though because I know 5-3 = 2. 2 million of something we didn't have to offer. Give me props though I proved you wrong, we couldn't get him, I proved you wrong, give me props.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
eltoro wrote:Can we get back to OJ Mayo instead of all you guys jumping on me? I'm done with Lou Williams. We coulda and shoulda gotten him by offering what we had. You know, that 3.5M. Man, I swear. It's like I show you that I was right about the $5M thing and then you guys go looking for another potential error that I made instead of giving me props. Bottom line, we shoulda gone after Lou Williams.

Now, how about OJ Majo?


Well we can only offer 3.09 million mini-MLE, not 3.5M. No one cares about the 5M thing, it's irrelevant to the argument. I'm going to make this about as basic and easy to understand as possible....

Lakers only have 3 million dollars of the mini-MLE

Lou Williams signed for 5 million dollars

Lakers are two million dollars short of his asking price.

Give me props though because I know 5-3 = 2. 2 million of something we didn't have to offer. Give me props though I proved you wrong, we couldn't get him, I proved you wrong, give me props.
Image
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby eltoro on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Man, you guys are so mean. You don't have to gang up on people. That isn't nice.

All I said was that you didn't give me my props about pointing out how much Lou Williams contract was. Geez! How do you expect me to go about this. I am like defending myself from a horde of bullies. Its not a thread derailment. I'm just trying to answer everybody's criticism, so that's why the Lou Williams thing is a paragraph.

OJ Mayo is good, but he isn't THAT good, and he isn't as good as Lou Williams.
eltoro

 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:58 pm

eltoro wrote:Man, you guys are so mean. You don't have to gang up on people. That isn't nice.

All I said was that you didn't give me my props about pointing out how much Lou Williams contract was. Geez! How do you expect me to go about this. I am like defending myself from a horde of bullies. Its not a thread derailment. I'm just trying to answer everybody's criticism, so that's why the Lou Williams thing is a paragraph.

OJ Mayo is good, but he isn't THAT good, and he isn't as good as Lou Williams.


Answer my post please. There's no crying on ClubLakers.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby TIME on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:59 pm

therealdeal wrote:Can we talk about OJ Mayo? I mean jeez I'm going to go ahead and spend a paragraph not talking about him, but why am I doing that? It's like I do this incredible job of derailing a thread, then realize that I'm wrong, so I cling to the one thing that I said right and ask you guys to stop talking about it. It's not like I'm saying anything to continue derailing this thread. I'm not the one still talking about something irrelevant that I was proven wrong about but am still saying something that I said right, no matter how irrelevant it is.

Now how about we get back on topic?


Image


Legolas Goldblum says "This post hits the bullseye."
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby wallangong on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
eltoro wrote:Man, you guys are so mean. You don't have to gang up on people. That isn't nice.

All I said was that you didn't give me my props about pointing out how much Lou Williams contract was. Geez! How do you expect me to go about this. I am like defending myself from a horde of bullies. Its not a thread derailment. I'm just trying to answer everybody's criticism, so that's why the Lou Williams thing is a paragraph.

OJ Mayo is good, but he isn't THAT good, and he isn't as good as Lou Williams.


Answer my post please. There's no crying on ClubLakers.


stop Doc, it's mean to ask someone to explain themselves when they proved Lou Wiilliams contract is $5M and not $7M
Go Buffs.
User avatar
wallangong

 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:01 pm

eltoro, its the fact that you don't ACKNOWLEDGE the obvious facts that we DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO OFFER TO LOU WILLIAMS FOR HIM TO COME TO OUR TEAM. He signed for 5M, we didn't HAVE 5M to offer, we only had 3M to offer. So even if we DID go after him, he wouldn't have taken 3M a year from us, because he could get 5M from another team, which he ended up getting. The same can be said for OJ Mayo. He isn't coming here for 3M, because another team (The Suns) can offer way more and they'll offer him a starting spot too (which we can't).

Stop asking for props on a technicality.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Rumor is that OJ is at least considering our money. No such word regarding Lou.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby jamabile on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Is there any other reputable source that can confirm that OJ is consider our team besides Am 570?
jamabile

 

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby eltoro on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
eltoro wrote:Can we get back to OJ Mayo instead of all you guys jumping on me? I'm done with Lou Williams. We coulda and shoulda gotten him by offering what we had. You know, that 3.5M. Man, I swear. It's like I show you that I was right about the $5M thing and then you guys go looking for another potential error that I made instead of giving me props. Bottom line, we shoulda gone after Lou Williams.

Now, how about OJ Majo?


Well we can only offer 3.09 million mini-MLE, not 3.5M. No one cares about the 5M thing, it's irrelevant to the argument. I'm going to make this about as basic and easy to understand as possible....

Lakers only have 3 million dollars of the mini-MLE

Lou Williams signed for 5 million dollars

Lakers are two million dollars short of his asking price.

Give me props though because I know 5-3 = 2. 2 million of something we didn't have to offer. Give me props though I proved you wrong, we couldn't get him, I proved you wrong, give me props.




OK Doc Brown. Since you are such a math expert... Check this out.
$7M - $5M = $2M
$3.5 - $3.09 = $.41M

Your error was bigger than mine. So, how about giving me some props? I just don't get why nobody gets on your case about that, but everybody wants to beat me up about it.

So, now that I know that the Lakers could've only offered Lou $3.09M instead of $3.5M, then ok. It seems less likely that the Lakers could've gotten him. I think they still should've tried and I think they still could've gotten him. Oh well. We can get OJ Mayo for cheap now. There is a reputable source that says so. OJ's friend, Snoop Dog.
eltoro

 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:07 pm

jamabile wrote:Is there any other reputable source that can confirm that OJ is consider our team besides Am 570?



I believe Marc J. Spears reported earlier on his twitter that OJ Mayo is receiving interest from the Lakers, Mavs, Suns, and Bulls and he will make a decision within the next 10 days.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby eltoro on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:08 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:eltoro, its the fact that you don't ACKNOWLEDGE the obvious facts that we DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO OFFER TO LOU WILLIAMS FOR HIM TO COME TO OUR TEAM. He signed for 5M, we didn't HAVE 5M to offer, we only had 3M to offer. So even if we DID go after him, he wouldn't have taken 3M a year from us, because he could get 5M from another team, which he ended up getting. The same can be said for OJ Mayo. He isn't coming here for 3M, because another team (The Suns) can offer way more and they'll offer him a starting spot too (which we can't).

Stop asking for props on a technicality.



I just acknowledged it above in my most recent reply to Doc Brown. See above a couple of posts. I think we still coulda gotten Lou at $3.09. Yes, I know he eventually went for $5M to Atlanta.
eltoro

 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: OJ Mayo To The Lakers?

Postby jamabile on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:10 pm

^^^Ok. Thanks.
jamabile

 

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.