Melo to LA? (Part 2)

Re: Melo to LA? (Part 2)

Postby dj vitus on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:28 am

Jporkel wrote:I don't follow the Knicks closely, but my recollection is that they were doing okay with Amare (can you beleive it, Amare helping a team win?); then Melo showed up and the chemistry was bad; then Melo went down and Lin stepped up and they played well, then Melo's back and they're lousy.

Couple all of that with Karl's joy at getting rid of Melo, and I'm not seeing anything that leads me to want Melo on the Lakers.

True. Amare doesn't seem to "hurt" the team chemistry too much as long as he continues to play off the ball and catch lob passes from Lin a la his Phoenix days with Steve Nash.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby tttppp on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:37 am

jlkr wrote:NO.

Actually let me rephrase that: HELL NO!

Melo's ball-stopping ways and his unwillingness to play and position himself the way D'Antoni wants makes him a cancer. It's no coincidence that the Knicks have gone downhill since his return. He did this to Karl as well. Uncoachable. Maybe Kobe can talk some sense into him, but only for the trash on the Lakers' roster.

It's rare that the team getting the superstar in a trade is not the one that got the best of the trade, but anyone should be able to see now that Denver ripped off the Knicks in this one.

Maybe Karl and D'Antoni don't know how to coach him. I've never really been impressed with either of them. Neither have more success than Melo. D'Antoni basically got all the credit for Nash's work. He's really just a product of Nash.

In 2009, Carmello was clearly a star. We had nobody on the team who could guard him. We had to gear our entire defense towards stopping him. If George Karl was competent, he would have figured out a way for his offense to expose our defense for not being able to match up with Carmello.
tttppp

Postby Jporkel on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:39 am

tttppp wrote:Maybe Karl and D'Antoni don't know how to coach him. I've never really been impressed with either of them. Neither have more success than Melo. D'Antoni basically got all the credit for Nash's work. He's really just a product of Nash.

In 2009, Carmello was clearly a star. We had nobody on the team who could guard him. We had to gear our entire defense towards stopping him. If George Karl was competent, he would have figured out a way for his offense to expose our defense for not being able to match up with Carmello.

I forget, who won that series?
Jporkel

Postby tttppp on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:43 am

Jporkel wrote:
tttppp wrote:Maybe Karl and D'Antoni don't know how to coach him. I've never really been impressed with either of them. Neither have more success than Melo. D'Antoni basically got all the credit for Nash's work. He's really just a product of Nash.

I forget, who won that series?

The Lakers. But it wasn't Carmello's fault. It was George Karl's fault.
tttppp

Postby Weezy on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 am

How does this thread have 3 pages already? It's a ridiculous idea, we trade our 2nd best player, one of only a few true centers left in the game, for a lesser version of Kobe? :man3: Also, not that Stephen A Smith knows all, but he said on First Take today that Melo does not want to be traded, he fought hard to get to the Knicks, he doesn't want to leave.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Forklift on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 am

Doberman wrote:So, Melo for Bynum anyone?

i'm curious are you a Knicks fan? Nothing wrong with being a Knicks fan, but anybody outside of the Knicks would think that this is a good trade.
Forklift

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 am

I can honestly say that I did not expect any threads to top the awesomeness of some of the Pau trade suggestions but um... this one did.

I have been one of the biggest fans of Melo since he came in the league. In fact I argued many times that he was underrated and stand by that notion. All that being said, trading our 2nd biggest asset for him would be tragically stupid. The Lakers don't need players who are mentally checked out because they don't get their way. Melo can't take the heat in NY he damn sure won't take it here where the Lakers are expected to fight for a Championship every year.

So to this thread question I can only do this: :man3: :man10: :bang: :man6: :man5: :man3: :disagree:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 am

So Andrew Bynum > Dwight Howard....

Melo for Bynum.....

Therefore Melo > Bynum>Dwight Howard....

:man10: :man10:

:thezen:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:04 am

KeepBynum wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:If he comes with Chandler & a piece that brings us a starting PG, I absolutely send Bynum + Metta + Metta out for that package. I like Shumpert but I'm not sure if he helps us enough RIGHT NOW. I'm sure the Cavs would love a young guard like that for Sessions though, we might not even have to give up a pick.

So..

out: Bynum, Metta, Luke

in: Melo, Chandler, Sessions

We ride it out with Kobe & Pau & maybe deal Pau when he's expiring. Taking on Chandler's deal is a monster hit but he's not a bad player at all. He won't earn his paycheck but if we get to unload Metta & Luke I think it lessons the blow. After a ring or 2 I'm sure we could unload his contract.

Sessions/Kobe/Melo/Pau/Chandler

Maybe we throw the TPE for Beasley to guarantee a title?

It's a gamble financially but it's an absolute must if it's about winning basketball games.

News flash Melo doesn't care about winning basketball games.

Sessions/Kobe/Melo/Pau/Chandler

It would take an injury for anyone to beat that team in 7 games.. Sessions could lead the league in assists & will only take shots when wide open.. Chandler doesn't need shots.. It's not much different than the shot distribution for the big 3 now. You don't need to run a single play for Chandler or Sessions all game for them to give you their averages. This can absolutely work. Melo is going to be a top 10-15 player for at least the next 5-7 years. Of course you love the potential of a 24 year old Center more but this gives us a chance to reel off 3 rings in my opinion & gives us 3 seasons figure out what to do with Kobe & Pau & try to dump Chandler.

Melo doesn't have to be the leader he is or believes he is in NY. With Kobe & Pau he's in a perfect position to learn how to play to win. This guy spent his career going to war with guys like AI, JR Smith, K-Mart, Amare.. Kobe & Pau is a whole new
lakersin4

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:06 am

What about Melo/Amare/Sessions for Pau/Metta/Luke? Although I don't think NY entertains that.
lakersin4

Postby brickshooter on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:30 am

Basketball speak...

I think Melo just killed DAntoni.

DAntoni is done is NY. Out. Gone. Adios. Fired. Resigned.
brickshooter

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:33 am

Well the Knicks made a choice, Melo stays and Pringles has popped his last can with the team.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:37 am

From Melo to LA to Phil to NY.

Just fantastic.
lakersin4

Postby Weezy on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:38 am

D'Antoni resigned, Melo isn't going anywhere.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Graveyard