MEMBER & YOUNG SINGLE FATHER W/ PROGRESSIVE EYE DISEASE

MEMBER & YOUNG SINGLE FATHER W/ PROGRESSIVE EYE DISEASE

Postby RingIn13 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:18 pm

I apologize, I posted this in the wrong forum before. If there's anyone out there that has it in their heart to help me help this man, it would be so appreciated. I can't imagine the fear of soon no longer having sight, let alone not being able to recognize my own children. Please click the link below, share & help if possible. Thank you.

http://www.giveforward.com/keratoconushelp

Young Single Father Battling Severe Progressive Eye Disease

"My name is Vance. I'm a 28 year old single Father who, as of last year, developed a progressive eye disease called "Keratoconus." My vision has gone from 20/20 to 20/400 in both of my eyes, causing me to be beyond legally blind. There's so much that has changed in my life, but the main thing that hurts me the most is that I'm no longer able to even recognize my son when he's standing right in front of me. I've been having to depend on others to be able to take him places so he can enjoy his childhood etc. I can't remember the last time I was able to read him a bedtime story. This hurts me worse than the pain & irritation I experience daily with Keratoconus. I took a leap of faith and enrolled in school in January to better the lives of myself and my son. I completed two semesters legally blind with A's and B's. But as of July, I had to take a leave of absence because of issues with my eyes. I really need someones help. My parents, two sisters and I had a family business that was open for 27 years. Due to the economy, just recently had to close its doors, so my entire family is unemployed. They are unable to help me get the surgery I need so I can see. One surgery is a Holcomb C3R treatment that would stop the progression of the disease. The other surgery is an Intact surgery. An Intact is a material inserted inside of my eye that will correct my vision. These are the only two surgeries that help patients with Keratoconus. I don't know what else to do. I would be so appreciative if someone out there could help me. Thank you for taking the time to read this."
RingIn13

Return to The Graveyard