Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: post in 7 seconds or less

Postby CarFlagChris on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:29 pm

No defense, no inspiration and inability to have Gasol and Howard play well together.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
CarFlagChris

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:30 pm

Frustrating.

Why not more Hill?
Why not some Jamison?
Why Nash covering anyone 5" taller and much stronger than him?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby 432J on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:32 pm

preeeeeetty sure if phil was coach this team would be playing alot better than the sh*t we've been seeing all season long

it all starts from the top and d'antoni's bullsh** system is sooooo far from being the right fit from this team
432J

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 pm

trodgers wrote:Frustrating.

Why not more Hill?
Why not some Jamison?

Who did you want Nash to guard ? ... Holiday was toying with him ... J-Rich was posting him up and forced us to double ... Turner would have done the same
wcsoldier81

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 pm

432J wrote:preeeeeetty sure if phil was coach this team would be playing alot better than the sh*t we've been seeing all season long

it all starts from the top and d'antoni's bullsh** system is sooooo far from being the right fit from this team

Yes, because teaching D12/Hill/Meeks/Duhon/Jamison/Morris the triangle mid-season would be so easy to pick up on....

Having D12 work in the post MORE than he is now, would just boost our offense considerably....

Relegating Nash to the Fisher role on offense would be the perfect role for him...
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:38 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:

Why not more Hill?
Why not some Jamison?

Who did you want Nash to guard ? ... Holiday was toying with him ... J-Rich was posting him up and forced us to double ... Turner would have done the same

Hold on...if you cannot guard anyone on the floor, you can't be on the floor. That's basketball 101.

That said, someone suggested Dorell Wright. He's bigger than Nash, but he's a jump shooter. Let Nash cover him.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:50 pm

trodgers wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:

Why not more Hill?
Why not some Jamison?

Hold on...if you cannot guard anyone on the floor, you can't be on the floor. That's basketball 101.

That said, someone suggested Dorell Wright. He's bigger than Nash, but he's a jump shooter. Let Nash cover him.

Nash wouldn't have played a lot of minutes in his career if this rule applied to him ... and Wright wasn't on the floor in the clutch
wcsoldier81

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:52 pm

would have loved to see jamison play tonight. perfect bc pau was pathetic and on O and D it couldnt get worse. Jamison would have helped a ton im sure. Hill should have played more than 18 mins. easily best player tonight minute for minute imo
Ariza3

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:55 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
trodgers wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:

Why not more Hill?
Why not some Jamison?

Nash wouldn't have played a lot of minutes in his career if this rule applied to him ... and Wright wasn't on the floor in the clutch

Same for Kobe. If he and Nash weren't so good offensively they wouldn't be who they are because they won't give you anything on the defensive end. Both guys are pretty much net negatives. Nash at least tries though, Kobe just sucks most of the time.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:55 pm

Wright was in the first six minutes of the fourth. I didn't say anything about the clutch.

I think you're underestimating Nash's D. Maybe you didn't watch much of his career? He always had quick hands and was a smart defender even if he didn't have the bulk to keep guys out of the paint or the footspeed (he was quick though) to guard lighting fast dudes. That said, there are many players who are offense/defense substitutions late in games. I'm not saying it always has to happen with Nash, but if you're literally unable to cover anyone on the floor, you cannot be on the floor in crunch time...UNLESS you have amazing help and rotations. LA doesn't. So D'Antoni has to adjust.

You have to agree with that; right?

EDIT: Kobe can guard people. Everyone knows that.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:16 am

I would of liked to see Jamison in tonights game; maybe even Ebanks to try something different. I mean the defense couldn't get any worse; we couldn't stop anybody. Additionally, and I might regret saying this (I doubt it), but I wouldn't have Pau out there in the last 5 minutes. If he sulks about it, too bad.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:19 am

hill should have finished and if pau is as sad and mad for not finishing the game then he shouldnt shoot 2-12. motivation to play like a man and earn his 19 mill a year.
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:48 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:I would of liked to see Jamison in tonights game; maybe even Ebanks to try something different. I mean the defense couldn't get any worse; we couldn't stop anybody. Additionally, and I might regret saying this (I doubt it), but I wouldn't have Pau out there in the last 5 minutes. If he sulks about it, too bad.

I can agree with this. Just try something different, because the current formula wasn't working. Jamison was just rotting on the bench
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 am

trodgers wrote:Wright was in the first six minutes of the fourth. I didn't say anything about the clutch.

I think you're underestimating Nash's D. Maybe you didn't watch much of his career? He always had quick hands and was a smart defender even if he didn't have the bulk to keep guys out of the paint or the footspeed (he was quick though) to guard lighting fast dudes. That said, there are many players who are offense/defense substitutions late in games. I'm not saying it always has to happen with Nash, but if you're literally unable to cover anyone on the floor, you cannot be on the floor in crunch time...UNLESS you have amazing help and rotations. LA doesn't. So D'Antoni has to adjust.

You have to agree with that; right?

EDIT: Kobe can guard people. Everyone knows that.

Nash understands defensive principles and isn't a bad team defender ... however he has been a bad 1 on 1 defender for years and has been lighted up by players who attack him for the same amount of years ... and no I don't only watch Lakers games :man10:

We all know the Bobcats winning this season title is more likely to happen than MDA leaving Nash on the bench for defensive purposes ... so why even discuss it ?
Last edited by wcsoldier81 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
wcsoldier81

Postby Alleyhoops on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 am

Meh, we just look like a typical D'Antoni team. Can't lock down critical defensive stops and when the offense isn't clicking, we lose. Sure, would have been nice to see Jamison get some run, but oh well. As far as Nash's D, overall I've actually been pleasantly surprised by his team defense.
Last edited by Alleyhoops on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alleyhoops

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:10 am

Alleyhoops wrote:Meh, we just look like a typical D'Antoni team. No defense and when the offense isn't clicking, we lose. Sure, would have been nice to see Jamison get some run, but oh well.

For real. And had we seen Jamison, he might've been able to give us 5 points. And that would've got us the W.

Team has issues nonetheless
Chillbongo

Postby MC on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:58 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack - Bryant can be a very good lock down defender when he decides to only play his man and not have roaming eyes and roaming feet....... Bryant's problem on defense has always been that he tries to do too much at times with his roaming. He thinks he's using his ball IQ to jump plays and passing lanes but what he is really doing is forcing the defensive balance off kilter while giving up more open looks than the plays he makes trying to roam.

Alleyhoops - of course this looks like a typical MDA ran team.......... he's way m,ore bark than bite as a head coach and I think that has proven out for the most part...... I guess the Buss family just didn't do their due diligence and have gotten more enamored with having a coach for Nash rather than a coach for the Lakers as a hole that can benefit the overall roster.

Nash is a better team defender than he has ever been given credit for but when you have a mental midget like MDA dictating things even some of the best defenders in this league (Howard, Metta- though he is aged, Bryant - when he wants to) can get exposed......... This teams early issues with defense had more to do with turnovers on the offensive side of the ball leading to transition. Now this team is just experiencing the D'Antoni affect...... a sickness that can only be taken care of by having MDA watching the games from the nice warm confines of his couch
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby DarthRekal on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:45 am

this dude is garbage.. where is fkmikebrown... can i get a sig plz :bang:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:44 am

Jordan or Bowie

Michael Jackson or Justin Bieber

Kate Upton or Oprah

Jackson or D'Antoni

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:16 am

Never said that. Just pointing out that bringing in Phil wouldn't be as smooth and wonderful as everyone makes it out to be. There still would be a learning curve and a complex system to learn. We wouldn't suddenly start rolling on teams,just because Phil is on the sidelines.

Team lacks chemistry, effort, energy, etc....You can have the perfect system, but unless the players start playing like a team and playing with a sense of urgency, you will get what we are seeing now regardless of coach IMO.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am

D'Antoni seems completely disconnected from the team.

He looks lost, confused, and exasperated in his post-game interviews.

He never has any answers for anything, and often just straight up dismisses legitimate concerns about his decisions and game management.

What the F is going on??
phoenixrisingla

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:33 am

This guy is as ridget as the other potatoe that got fired....once he sets his rotation it seems there's no room for any divergence.
khmrP

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 am

khmrP wrote:This guy is as ridget as the other potatoe that got fired....once he sets his rotation it seems there's no room for any divergence.

Thats because he has a "vision" for this team (see Suns, circa 2007) and when it doesnt pan out in real life he refuses to believe it. He just leaves people in there to flounder.

You cant hide behind Steve Nash, Mike!
phoenixrisingla

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 am

this guy kinda makes me miss Mike Brown

yea i said it
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby The Rock on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:00 pm

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/286502598092132352

Are the Lakers too old to be playing a fast pace? Lakers are 2-9 under Mike D'Antoni when they have 96+ possessions, 8-2 with 95 or fewer.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/286517924854890496

The Lakers have scored 100+ points per 100 possessions in every game under Mike D'Antoni in which they've had a pace of 95 or lower.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard