Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: "I was an idiot..." (155)

Postby karacha on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:55 pm

It's not their fault how we are developing them. They are doing their best under the circumstances.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:05 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 1m
More offense for D'Antoni: Nick Young starting over Wes Johnson--and Ryan Kelly starts out defending Carmelo after Melo's mega game.
Expand

MDA is serious about bringing the defense today. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:08 pm

:man10:
D.B. Cooper

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:11 pm

Good move. It's a L for sure.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:11 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 1m
More offense for D'Antoni: Nick Young starting over Wes Johnson--and Ryan Kelly starts out defending Carmelo after Melo's mega game.
Expand

MDA is serious about bringing the defense today. :jam2:

blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Slurpee22 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:11 pm

I can't bear to think, why this douche is still the HC of the Lakers.... I also can't believe how he had early success with the Suns... this guy is simply horrible.
Slurpee22

Postby West's Formula 44 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Lisa Leslie just ripped D'Antoni pretty good on ABC. Cooper said he didn't think they were trying hard enough. Leslie said they were trying hard enough, but that they weren't being coached properly. That the coaching philosophy hasn't been adjusted to the players they have out there. Interesting.
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Vince Lombardi
West's Formula 44

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Watch this clip of Magic talking about the Lakers last night on leno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrJN0Xqc_1M
Johnnyboy

Postby Slurpee22 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:11 pm

MDA needs to be fired... but then again he is doing a excellent job positioning the Lakers to get a high draft pick.... maybe that's why the Lakers haven't fired him.
Slurpee22

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:19 pm

The real problem is Jim. Anyone who would let their ego get in the way of hiring the greatest coach in the history of professional sports in the US is out of their freakin mind.
Johnnyboy

Postby Juronimo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:Watch this clip of Magic talking about the Lakers last night on leno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrJN0Xqc_1M

He's right.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Slurpee22 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:48 pm

He doesn't need to bring up Nash's injury because it won't make a difference if he returns... his offensive game is limited .... the Lakers were still losing games when Kobe was playing and he won't be 100% even if he returns....

I think we just have a bad team... nothing wrong with that.... we are on the same level as the Bucks and Magic probably even worse.... we are lucky we have 16 wins right now.
Slurpee22

Postby davriver290 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm

The first time magic sounded intelligent in analyzing the Lakers
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby nduri on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:08 pm

[quote="Slurpee22"]He doesn't need to bring up Nash's injury because it won't make a difference if he returns... his offensive game is limited .... the Lakers were still losing games when Kobe was playing and he won't be 100% even if he returns....

I think we just have a bad team... nothing wrong with that.... we are on the same level as the Bucks and Magic probably even worse.... we are lucky we have 16 wins right now.[/quote}

If Nash comes back the best we can hope for is a Poor Mans Kendall Marshall. I have Love and Respect for Nash but Father Time is whoopin dat azz right now.
Back at'cha 24-7
nduri

Postby Slurpee22 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:13 pm

nduri wrote:If Nash comes back the best we can hope for is a Poor Mans Kendall Marshall. I have Love and Respect for Nash but Father Time is whoopin dat azz right now.

A poor mans Kendall Marshall will likely result in Nash to sit out from to much Back spasms.. Marshall plays with a lot of energy something Nash can't do....
Slurpee22

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:25 pm

good interview by magic. many sentiments long known & shared by laker nation.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:27 pm

yeah, magic genuinely looks frustrated with jim and the lakers current situation.
Johnnyboy

Postby Weezy on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:46 pm

Screw this guy man, playing a hurt Pau until there's 30 seconds left in the game, when the game had been over since the 5 minute mark at least. Kaman isn't injured, but he can't even give Pau some relief because god knows why, 'Antoni hates him for some reason. I can't wait until the day this guy is fired and I can start to forget he was ever allowed to be part of our great franchise. This clown should have never been let near our team, I can only hope they fix that mistake at the end of the season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Slurpee22 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Weezy wrote:Screw this guy man, playing a hurt Pau until there's 30 seconds left in the game, when the game had been over since the 5 minute mark at least. Kaman isn't injured, but he can't even give Pau some relief because god knows why, 'Antoni hates him for some reason. I can't wait until the day this guy is fired and I can start to forget he was ever allowed to be part of our great franchise. This clown should have never been let near our team, I can only hope they fix that mistake at the end of the season.

Maybe there showcasing Gasol? you never know, but I agree with you're assessment.
Slurpee22

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Im done with this guy now. I am probably the most understanding and forgiving person on the board but I cannot fathom what he is thinking. There was no reason to play Pau that long and not put a very serviceable big man in Kaman into the game. I hope he is gone in the day after the season ends.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby revgen on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:59 pm

I don't really blame D'Antoni as much as I blame the training staff. They let Pau come out of that locker room and play on that bad groin.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Slurpee22 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:28 pm

revgen wrote:I don't really blame D'Antoni as much as I blame the training staff. They let Pau come out of that locker room and play on that bad groin.

Blaming the training staff... really? MDA had a chance to take Pau out of the game when the game was already over at the 5min... we have a very annoying coach.... that's the real problem... we refuses to play Kaman and he keeps taking Hill out of the game..... Sacre should be no where near the court.
Slurpee22

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:33 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Im done with this guy now. I am probably the most understanding and forgiving person on the board but I cannot fathom what he is thinking. There was no reason to play Pau that long and not put a very serviceable big man in Kaman into the game. I hope he is gone in the day after the season ends.

Me, too. I can't stand the guy. He runs guys into the ground. Among myriad other things I dislike about him.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:31 am

Slurpee22 wrote:
revgen wrote:I don't really blame D'Antoni as much as I blame the training staff. They let Pau come out of that locker room and play on that bad groin.

Blaming the training staff... really? MDA had a chance to take Pau out of the game when the game was already over at the 5min... we have a very annoying coach.... that's the real problem... we refuses to play Kaman and he keeps taking Hill out of the game..... Sacre should be no where near the court.

I'm not happy that D'Antoni kept playing Pau when it was clear that he shouldn't be playing. But Pau shouldn't have come out of that locker room in the first place.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:15 am

Not only MDA will be our coach at the start of next season but 1st and foremost screw our draft choice by wanting a PG to play in his system ...

MDA hate will be at an all time high next June when we pick a potential dominant PG (who don't win titles) over a potential dominant wing or big man ...
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard