Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: "I was an idiot..." (155)

Postby 432J on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:30 am

he's got to be fired after this loss

i mean come on, enough is enough. he's the worst fit for this team and big name free agents are not going to want to play in LA as long as he's the coach
432J

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:59 am

he pretty much said "fire MDA" without actually saying it

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby ShowtimeACB on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:18 am

If the Lakers had any chance to shop big this summer they are just destroying them with this kind of horrendous display.

Don´t know what is worst, 132 points scored by the Hornets, or losing by 48 with the Clippers.
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0as8tDg391rpeq3xo1_400.jpg/img]
ShowtimeACB

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:18 am

Watch it James, they'll keep one trick pony coach and fire you. Not that you would mind. This has to be torture for him and any past, proud Lakers. Every game you hear it in Scott's voice, Worthy's and even Walton's.
LTLakerFan

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:41 am

I hope he's fired soon.

But with Nash coming back next year, I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes out his contract. :bang:
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby gradymac on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:51 am

this is the worst coach Ive ever seen in all of professional sports but for some reason he has immortality with management. they'll trade Kobe before they fire this clown
gradymac

Postby Manve77 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 am

This is the way to destroy the best franchise in professional sports...c**ts- mda, jim- gtfo!
Spartak Moscow. Lakers. Penguins. Liverpool. Lazio. Barcelona. River Plate.
Manve77

Postby shaq_hater on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:40 am

Hopefully MDA gets fired in the morning and let Rambis take over as the interim.
I know we're tanking, and we are a BAD team, but to lose by 48 pts in a game? its really funking disgusting.
MY GUY IS AWESOME BECAUSE HE HAS 5 RINGS.
shaq_hater

Postby gradymac on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:12 am

Don't get excited D'antoni will still be the coach tomorrow. Nothing can get these idiots in management to fire him, He has become the face of this franchise now. They are currently constructing a statue in his honor and are already are planning on retiring his mustache into the rafters when he retires as the Lakers coach in 10 years.
gradymac

Postby juninho on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:36 am

i don't want pringles to coach our lottery player. When the season is over just fire him without thinking.
juninho

Postby revgen on Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:37 am

shaq_hater wrote:Hopefully MDA gets fired in the morning and let Rambis take over as the interim.
I know we're tanking, and we are a BAD team, but to lose by 48 pts in a game? its really funking disgusting.

If they were going to fire D'Antoni, it should have been done in January. It would have given the interim coach ample time to try and drill better habits into these young players.

Now we only have a month of regular season left. What exactly are Rambis or Jonny Davis going to help drill into these players with only a month to spare? Teams typically take a whole month of training camp and preseason to prepare teams for the regular season. A move in January would have made sense strategically and logically. Firing him in March looks like a PR move.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby themasterphil on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:09 am

Plain and simple, there is no reason to fire him at the moment. He is perfect coach for us right now. We are losing games. Let him finish this season and when last game of the season finish fire him immediately. We all need to look bigger picture here and hope that at the end we can have top3 pick and to be able to select new team leader and star for the years to come. At the moment i must say KEEP DANTONI
themasterphil

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:02 am

themasterphil wrote:Plain and simple, there is no reason to fire him at the moment. He is perfect coach for us right now. We are losing games. Let him finish this season and when last game of the season finish fire him immediately. We all need to look bigger picture here and hope that at the end we can have top3 pick and to be able to select new team leader and star for the years to come. At the moment i must say KEEP DANTONI

With regards to the photo of Phil in your avatar, literally a minute ago when I started reading CL this morning and coming back to this thread and thinking of this clown, I was thinking as well how juvenile and disgusting he looks on the side of the court every game showing every emotion and displeasure on his face when a player does something wrong. And his tantrums. And how Phil, or Pops for that matter just watch and keep it inside and show nothing. Same steadying demeanor all the time.

His stupid effing caught-lightning-in-a-bottle-for-a-few-short-years offense forced upon whatever roster he has been given since come hell, high water, decent quality big men benched and alienated and basketball's premiere franchise reduced to rubble and embarrassment.

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:54 am

He's staying at least until the end of this season, but the look on Mitch's face should bode well for anti-D'Antoni fans. The fact is we're looking for a high draft pick now, so losing more often than we win is what we need. D'Antoni's offense is perfect for that.

That being said, we've still got some national games left and if we get embarrassed like this again, we're not going to see D'Antoni much longer. It's one thing to lose games with fire. When we lost to the Pelicans (sad as that sentence already is) we fought hard and came close in the end. In this game we were out of it half way through the 2nd quarter and we never even put up a fight. Maybe 3 players on the team fought back and they weren't very effective at it.

D'Antoni can't lose control of the team, that's the last straw. So far I'd say he's got a foot out the door right now.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:35 am

FO won't fire dantoni just so they don't admit that they messed up AGAIN

it's flat out embarrassing and pathetic. kiss any big name FA's goodbye as long as this idiot is head coach. i almost hope they get blown out like this in a big game one more time because i don't think there's any way they can keep him as coach after another national tv blowout
432J

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:37 am

432J wrote:FO won't fire dantoni just so they don't admit that they messed up AGAIN

I think that's only one reason and it's one that doesn't stick. At the end of the season that won't be the reason he stays or leaves.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:43 am

I'm flabbergasted... worse loss in franchise history and it's against the Clippers. :bang: :bang: Physical removal of Dumbtoni
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:51 am

even in a season where losses are expected, i never thought this franchise would roll out THIS kind of embarrassment...keep the idiot coach til the end of the season but i truly hope that they have his walking papers ready as soon as the final game ends
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Juronimo on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:02 am

Damfony should pay Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, and Amare Stoudemire every dollar he has ever earned as a coach since he's never actually earned any money coaching.

Damfony makes all day every day look like Phil Jackson in comparison. This small ball he is cramming down our throats is just plain idiotic. He has to be the biggest imbecile connected to the profession of sports. Does he not look at our roster and realize that it won't work with this lineup? We don't have a prime Steve Nash to run the offense. We don't have a 3 that is a lockdown defender and can also guard big men and give you 20 points a game like Shawn Marion could. Wes Johnson is not Shawn Marion. Then in inexplicable stubborness he refuses to play big men that can grab rebounds and are respectable at protecting the rim.

He is beyond incompetent. I wonder if he is sabotaging us on purpose. He is so disgustingly horrible as a coach it makes me sick to my stomach knowing he is the coach of this team, the coach of this once proud franchise.

It is clearly shameful and I am angry and disgusted.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby lotus on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:07 am

therealdeal wrote:D'Antoni can't lose control of the team, that's the last straw. So far I'd say he's got a foot out the door right now.

I thought this happened at least a month ago...
lotus

Postby Juronimo on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:11 am

lotus wrote:
therealdeal wrote:D'Antoni can't lose control of the team, that's the last straw. So far I'd say he's got a foot out the door right now.

I thought this happened last season when Kobe appointed himself head coach.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:14 am

lotus wrote:

It has to be obvious. It has to be like last night, but repeatedly. Remember how many games it took Brown to get fired? You need to have outright mutiny in the locker room and garbage on the court. You need embarrassment and right before this recent 2 game slide we had a 2 game win streak going.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:14 am

lotus wrote:

It has to be obvious. It has to be like last night, but repeatedly. Remember how many games it took Brown to get fired? You need to have outright mutiny in the locker room and garbage on the court. You need embarrassment and right before this recent 2 game slide we had a 2 game win streak going.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:57 am

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 1h
Sense in the Lakers locker room after Clippers loss. They cringed when asked if they quit. But they describe symptoms that suggest they did
Expand

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 55s
The Lakers aren't really a "team" right now. They're a group of nice guys trying to make the best of an awful situation.
Expand Reply Retweet Favor

:disagree:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:13 pm

:man5:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard