Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Re: Mike D'Antoni Discussion: RESIGNS AS LAKERS COACH (184)

Postby 432J on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:31 pm

1. thibodeau
2. vogel
3. hollins

everyone else
432J

Postby The Laker Link on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:31 pm

The Laker Link

Postby KentuckyLaker on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Glad to see this happen. Is MDA a good basketball coach? Yes. Does he belong in the NBA? Yes. Just not with the Lakers. This is the best move for both parties. Best of luck to MDA in his future endeavors and I thank him for his time with the P&G. Now, time to make a home run hire and look forward to the future.
"Everything negative- pressure, challenges -is all an opportunity for me to rise. "

- Kobe Bryant

Bred and raised in the hills of Eastern Kentucky, following the Lakers and UK Wildcats for life.
KentuckyLaker

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:35 pm

therealdeal wrote:Thibideau's contract is up this summer I believe. Throw buckets of cash at that man. Buckets on buckets on buckets.

Yes, please.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Aonex on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:39 pm

So, uh... Byron Scott? :man10:
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:41 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Thibideau's contract is up this summer I believe. Throw buckets of cash at that man. Buckets on buckets on buckets.

Yes, please.

Forget the fact that he is under contract through the 2016-17 season, but Thibodeau has insisted over and over again that he wasn’t going anywhere. The latest came on Friday, before the morning shootaround.

http://www.suntimes.com/25894352-579/tom-thibodeau-is-not-going-anywhere.html#.U2Gz8_k7tcY
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Kingsama on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Kingsama

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Yes, please.

Forget the fact that he is under contract through the 2016-17 season, but Thibodeau has insisted over and over again that he wasn’t going anywhere. The latest came on Friday, before the morning shootaround.

http://www.suntimes.com/25894352-579/tom-thibodeau-is-not-going-anywhere.html#.U2Gz8_k7tcY

Damn! :bang:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:45 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Yes, please.

Buckets o'cash.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bigdog2013 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Vogel lack of adjustments in the playoff against the hawks is scary. the knock on hollins was he didnt develop young guys.
bigdog2013

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Dude ished all over the Lakers brand. Disrespected his own players, some of which that actually added to our franchise's ring count. Then he even goes as far as telling the fanbase to go root for another team.

Seriously, Magic (5 rings for our organization) can say whatever he wants to this quitter/loser (losingest record in LA franchise history...quit in NY, now quits here). This guy wanted us to guarantee his last year and we reneged. Bye!

Happy times are indeed back again! And I vehemently disagree with Magic's tweet considered to be classless. What you want him to do? Congratulate him on 27 wins.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kingsama on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Dude ished all over the Lakers brand. Disrespected his own players, some of which that actually added to our franchise's ring count. Then he even goes as far as telling the fanbase to go root for another team.

Seriously, Magic (5 rings for our organization) can say whatever he wants to this quitter/loser (losingest record in LA franchise history...quit in NY, now quits here). This guy wanted us to guarantee his last year and we reneged. Bye!

Happy times are indeed back again! And I vehemently disagree with Magic's tweet considered to be classless. What you want him to do? Congratulate him on 27 wins.

Rack em. Magic`s comment wasn't PC, but it was on point.
Kingsama

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:55 pm

bigdog2013 wrote:Vogel lack of adjustments in the playoff against the hawks is scary. the knock on hollins was he didnt develop young guys.

You keep searching for a coach an active coach with no flaws not named Pop and you are going to be searching for awhile.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Shadow on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Dude ished all over the Lakers brand. Disrespected his own players, some of which that actually added to our franchise's ring count. Then he even goes as far as telling the fanbase to go root for another team.

As a fan of the game, Magic has the right to say whatever he wants, just like Shaq, just like Charles. As a future NBA owner? Be careful with what you say.. Just saying..
Shadow

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
bigdog2013 wrote:Vogel lack of adjustments in the playoff against the hawks is scary. the knock on hollins was he didnt develop young guys.

You keep searching for a coach an active coach with no flaws not named Pop and you are going to be searching for awhile.

Yep, find me an infallible coach. There isn't one. Unless maybe you're talking about Phil. It's pretty hard to argue against 11 rings. Even he got worked over by Larry Brown's Detroit team in '04.

All coaches are going to have a flaw or two, but man, almost anyone is an upgrade over what we've seen the past few years.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby TheOp on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:00 pm

No thanks to Vogel. Hes losing a series to a team 6 games under .500. Yeah his players are sucking, but they dont even have any major injuries.

Ill take B Scott. Thats an amazing fit. Such a classy and mellow guy, and he knows his stuff. I would love for him to be the next Lakers head coach. I doubt Thibs will leave Chicago, but hes the best defensive coach in the NBA and I would love to hire him too.

How about George Karl. He does love Kobe, and hes available.
TheOp

Postby LakerFan1980 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:01 pm

"Bust the cap on the Moet! It's celebration time!"
WE PAY CASH FOR HOUSES
424-216-8525
LakerFan1980

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:03 pm

TheOp wrote:No thanks to Vogel. Hes losing a series to a team 6 games under .500. Yeah his players are sucking, but they dont even have any major injuries.

Ill take B Scott. Thats an amazing fit. Such a classy and mellow guy, and he knows his stuff. I would love for him to be the next Lakers head coach. I doubt Thibs will leave Chicago, but hes the best defensive coach in the NBA and I would love to hire him too.

How about George Karl. He does love Kobe, and hes available.

NO TO GEORGE KARL!!!! He has a LOSING, yes, LOSING record in the playoffs and he's basically Dantoni 2.0

He doesn't run a half court offense, is in LOVE with veteran scrub PG's like Andre Miller...and he consistently loses in the first round no matter how great his team performs in the regular season.

I will be LIVID if we hire that bum. PLEASE PLEASE do not hire this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!
FabFourLakers

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Well, Mitch could try to convince Kaman to re-sign with us now. He can get more minutes, and the he is still one of the most polished bigs in the NBA, at least on the offensive end. I like what he brings to the team.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Cuban vs Nelson - Carlisle still accepted the coaching gig
Reinsdorf vs Phil - Thibs still accepted the coaching gig
Sterling vs colored folk - Rivers still accepted the coaching gig

LA is a big market and any potential coaching candidate knows what comes with the territory. If they can't handle the heat, then they can GTFO (see MDA in both NY and LA).

Like I said, Magic has earned the right to mouth off when it comes to Lakers basketball. MDA's contribution to this organization gives nearly any true Laker a free pass to pop off at the mouth to this guy.

And with that, we're just going to have to agree to disagree Shadow.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Sorry, I have to repeat this one more time: NO to Byron Scott.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:08 pm

karacha wrote:Sorry, I have to repeat this one more time: NO to Byron Scott.

Why?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:09 pm

NO to scott
NO to karl

both those guys are similar to d'antoni

throw money at thibs and if he doesn't bite and vogel is available, he's the man
432J

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:10 pm

I may end up killing someone if we end up hiring ANYONE named Mike. I don't ever want to see a guy named Mike coaching this team. That names means trouble in the coaching world (Brown, D'Antoni, Dunleavy, Woodson)
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby OX1947 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:10 pm

No re-treads please. Can we get a well respected young coach. Someone who can start with a franchise type player in this years draft.
OX1947

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard