Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Re: Mike Brown Discussion thread

Postby Congo Cash on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Whatthef? wrote:Any coach that starts Fisher at this stage does not know anything about the NBA.

Get real, we have only 1 PG... A coach that started Eric Snow what do you expect, and no, starting Darius Morris is not an option sorry...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby borri on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:41 pm

thkthebest wrote:
Whatthef? wrote:Any coach that starts Fisher at this stage does not know anything about the NBA.

I hope you're not suggesting to start Darius Morris.

I hope he was referring to when Blake wasn't injured.
borri

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:23 pm

So far I've been a fan of his rotations. Bring in the youth! Let 'em run!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:50 am

does anyone else realize that almost every mike brown comment during his post game interviews comes from reading a player stat line? That doesn't speak highly of his analysis capability.. I mean, they ask him about some player, say Pau Gasol, and he just reads the stat sheet and goes like "I thought Pau was agressive with his 19 points, he rebounded well, 10 rebounds, and he was a good presence on the paint with his 4 blocks.." I hope his tape analysis is a little more profound than that
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby tttppp on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:42 pm

biggestkobefanever wrote:does anyone else realize that almost every mike brown comment during his post game interviews comes from reading a player stat line? That doesn't speak highly of his analysis capability.. I mean, they ask him about some player, say Pau Gasol, and he just reads the stat sheet and goes like "I thought Pau was agressive with his 19 points, he rebounded well, 10 rebounds, and he was a good presence on the paint with his 4 blocks.." I hope his tape analysis is a little more profound than that

Mike Brown is an idiot. He has no analysis capabilities. This is the reason he get abused in the playoffs. He simply gets outcoached by even average coaches.
tttppp

Postby revgen on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Mike's been pretty upfront about his capabilities as a coach. I think one time he told a reporter, "I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I work as hard as I can every night doing whatever I can do to help my team win"

He's pretty upfront with the fact that he's not exactly the best "head coach" out there, and relies on input from his assistant coaches and even his players, and LOTS and LOTS of watching game footage. Phil probably doesn't watch as much footage as MIke does because he has a good "feel" for the game.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby trodgers on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:55 pm

I feel like I should revert to my "please do not censor my freedom of speech sig". :man10: :man10: :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby ragesince1516 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Ship his a**
As good as anybody, much much better than most.
ragesince1516

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:20 pm

Potatoes are better fried.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Those blaming Brown for the loss to the Bucks, I've love to hear you try and justify that one. *grabs popcorn*
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby khmrP on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 pm

revgen wrote:Mike's been pretty upfront about his capabilities as a coach. I think one time he told a reporter, "I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I work as hard as I can every night doing whatever I can do to help my team win"

He's pretty upfront with the fact that he's not exactly the best "head coach" out there, and relies on input from his assistant coaches and even his players, and LOTS and LOTS of watching game footage. Phil probably doesn't watch as much footage as MIke does because he has a good "feel" for the game.

thats what you call an assistant, a very good one but this guy is NOT HC material. Clev O was quite simplistic, avg. alot of points due to James and company iso, drive and kick, any moron can tell James to drive the ball and pass it to an Open 3pt shooter, thats why Clev O tends to bog down late game sitatuion cause smart defensive team can adjust to that play.
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:24 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Those blaming Brown for the loss to the Bucks, I've love to hear you try and justify that one. *grabs popcorn*

2nd qtr, run 4 players who can't create their own shots with only Pau. Bucks pack the paint....runs this team until we are down double digits.
khmrP

Postby BadCoaching on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:25 pm

<---------------
BadCoaching

Postby borri on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:25 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Those blaming Brown for the loss to the Bucks, I've love to hear you try and justify that one. *grabs popcorn*

Unless Brown made Pau drink some sissy cool-aid before the game, can't really blame Brown tonight.
borri

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:19 am

It's not about one game, he was a bad hiring from the start. The defense is even worse than last season and the offense is unspeakably bad. Nothing is going right and nothing will go right. We can't run Bron' Ball with this joke of a roster and that's the only thing that made Potato Head look remotely decent.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:56 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:

It's not about one game, he was a bad hiring from the start. The defense is even worse than last season and the offense is unspeakably bad. Nothing is going right and nothing will go right. We can't run Bron' Ball with this joke of a roster and that's the only thing that made Potato Head look remotely decent.

oh my goodness I agree with almost none of this post.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby DHL on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:44 pm

kobe and pau playing the entire 2nd half :freak2:
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:52 am

DHL wrote:kobe and pau playing the entire 2nd half :freak2:

I guess we really needed a road win.
odom1year

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:16 am

I think the starting 5 played the whole 4th quarter .. I don't remember watching a game without a single substitution in the whole 4th quarter
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:16 am

I think the starting 5 played the whole 4th quarter .. I don't remember watching a game without a single substitution in the whole 4th quarter
wcsoldier81

Postby MambaFromDownUnder on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:25 am

Can't wait for people to eat their words once things start clicking for the lakers towards the end of the season. It's incredible how impatient some of you are, you don't plant a seed and wake up the next morning expecting it to be fully grown. We need more time, that's all it is.
MambaFromDownUnder

Postby tttppp on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:47 am

MambaFromDownUnder wrote:Can't wait for people to eat their words once things start clicking for the lakers towards the end of the season. It's incredible how impatient some of you are, you don't plant a seed and wake up the next morning expecting it to be fully grown. We need more time, that's all it is.

I can't wait for you to be disappointed after Mike Brown fails in the playoffs.
tttppp

Postby VincentTH on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:09 pm

tttppp wrote:
MambaFromDownUnder wrote:Can't wait for people to eat their words once things start clicking for the lakers towards the end of the season. It's incredible how impatient some of you are, you don't plant a seed and wake up the next morning expecting it to be fully grown. We need more time, that's all it is.

I can't wait for you to be disappointed after Mike Brown fails in the playoffs.

--- if we indeed reach the playoff at all. The only solace is that we may win the ensuing lottery.
VincentTH

Postby Forklift on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:28 pm

well right now i have 2 problems with Mike Brown's coaching. Our offense is soo bad, but that might not be his fault because Gasol apparently only like showing up when he wants to and if Gasol doesn't show up means Bynum gets doubled in the paint. 2nd problem is that he lets Kobe play tooo many minutes. I don't know how long Kobe can last with the kind of minutes he is playing i don't know if it's because Mike Brown doesn't care or if it's because Kobe won't let him be taken out, but Mike Brown needs to find a way to let Kobe rest an extra 7 - 10 min.
Forklift

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard