Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Re: Mike Brown Discussion: (Lakers Playoff record: 4-5)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 18, 2012 8:18 am

kray28 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
jimbo327 wrote: Put Session into the game. He is a lot better than Blake on both ends.

Serious?

You need balance to win consistently. That means you punctuate the halfcourt snoozefest with some bursts of uptempo ball. The important thing is to not let them get comfortable in defending you....and when you walk it up every single time, you get predictable. Sessions should attack the rim full speed and we should look for early scoring opportunities.

But he isn't doing any of that. It is almost as dumb as someone claiming we should play Glock. The fact is Sessions has shrunk under the spotlight of the playoffs so far (it is his first time I know) and Blake is the more reliable player who isn't afraid of the moment.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Congo Cash on Fri May 18, 2012 8:56 am

The offense is [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] disgusting to watch and our defense is overrated... The Lakers are slow like molasses, so Barnes and Sessions are both underutilized... Why is McRoberts glued to the bench? We desperately need shooters, so where the hell are Troy Murphy and Andrew Goudelock? Our big 3 played 35+ MPG during a lockout season, insist of playing Blake/Sessions together, and gave Kobe the green lights to shoot when we have the 2nd best center in the league...

Get rid of him ASAP, regardless of the LAL/OKC outcome...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby jlkr on Fri May 18, 2012 9:05 am

Kerppo wrote:Give Goudelock some minutes!

Who is he going to defend? He'll give up more than he gets...
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby kray28 on Fri May 18, 2012 9:54 am

Congo Cash wrote:The offense is [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] disgusting to watch and our defense is overrated... The Lakers are slow like molasses, so Barnes and Sessions are both underutilized... Why is McRoberts glued to the bench? We desperately need shooters, so where the hell are Troy Murphy and Andrew Goudelock? Our big 3 played 35+ MPG during a lockout season, insist of playing Blake/Sessions together, and gave Kobe the green lights to shoot when we have the 2nd best center in the league...

Get rid of him ASAP, regardless of the LAL/OKC outcome...

Barnes outruns the entire team up court on offense, everyone else lags and the PGs never see Barnes way up ahead of the pack. Used to be that Sessions would sprint out too...and there would be Barnes running along with him. Well, the bigs didn't like that too much, eventually they made Sessions slow down. This is very much like public school, where they teach the class for the dumbest kid first.

The other three are defensive liabilities. To be fair, Glock is okay defensively, but in Clown's doghouse and he's a rookie that I don't know if I'd trust for too long in a playoff game. Ebanks...with the length and atheticism he has should see time, but Mike does not trust him. So we are often left with sub-optimal lineups because Mike wants it that way. Really poor Xs and Os coach. Someone compared him to Mike Singletary...in terms of his overall tactical aptitude, that's a good comparison. At least Singletary had his fiery speeches that worked until the team figured out that the guy was totally clueless.

I would fire him too...the team needs to go in another direction before it's too late.
kray28

Postby Congo Cash on Fri May 18, 2012 10:09 am

Ya, I know that they are terrible defenders but they will only play spot minutes and will only shoot threes... It's better than using Sessions as a spot up shooter for 20+ minutes...

We desperately need scoring but we are filled with too many post players so OKC just packs the paint and daring us to shoot...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:11 am

Congo Cash wrote:We desperately need scoring but we are filled with too many post players so OKC just packs the paint and daring us to shoot...

Where's the "free Gl0ck" Thread when you really need it :man11:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby borri on Fri May 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Now might be a good time to revert to the original ways.

1. Run Blake with the first unit.
2. Run Sessions with the second unit. Sessions sparked the second unit with Barnes the first 2-3 games he came to LA.

Second unit should be:

Ramon
Ebank
Barnes
Hill
Pau

Fittest most althletic lineup with have. Change of pace. Hopefully it will get Barnes'/Sessions' game back playing the open court game. Kill two birds with one stone.
borri

Postby The Original 81 on Fri May 18, 2012 2:05 pm

borri wrote:Now might be a good time to revert to the original ways.

1. Run Blake with the first unit.
2. Run Sessions with the second unit. Sessions sparked the second unit with Barnes the first 2-3 games he came to LA.

Second unit should be:

Ramon
Ebank
Barnes
Hill
Pau

Fittest most althletic lineup with have. Change of pace. Hopefully it will get Barnes'/Sessions' game back playing the open court game. Kill two birds with one stone.

Agreed.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby revgen on Fri May 18, 2012 11:19 pm

I'll give him credit for one thing. He didn't put the bench unit in at the beginning of the 4th quarter after their horrible 2nd quarter performance.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Tragic on Fri May 18, 2012 11:22 pm

I must admit, there was a possession we were down five and Mike Brown thought about calling a timeout but didn't and I'm glad he didn't We need to play through the adversity. Even Mike breen pointed it out. Can't remember exactly when it was in the fourth.

This is the first time I have ever given him credit..But I really respect that. Nothing annoys me more than a reactionary timeout..The ****** commercials might be a strong reason too
Tragic

Re: Mike Brown Discussion: (Lakers Playoff record: 5-5)

Postby Ariza3 on Sat May 19, 2012 12:31 am

dudes gotta take the fine and call out the refs not calling perk's moving screens. the $ is worth winning games. mwp will pay you back
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Sat May 19, 2012 1:47 am

Good job.
I didn't get that Hill & Barnes sub in the middle of the 4th, they were on for like 2 minutes, Thunder went on like a 7-0 run (wasn't really that related to Hill & Barnes to be honest) and took them out. WTF?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat May 19, 2012 1:54 am

THE 2ND UNIT WITH PAU AS THE 1ST OPTION DOES NOT WORK.

Thank god , he put Drew at the start of the 4th with Pau
wcsoldier81

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sat May 19, 2012 4:05 am

Tragic wrote: Even Mike breen pointed it out.

Please don't go there ... :man10:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby sodunited on Sat May 19, 2012 10:33 pm

see, that little snip-it of the presser shows how stupid he is. he thinks the defense in the 4th cost us the game.

no you retard, the horrible offense is what cost us the game. if we would've kept doing what got us there we would've won by 8.

starting to hate him with a passion now
Kings 16-30 free throws game 7.......AT HOME..lol
sodunited

Postby bumrusherer on Sat May 19, 2012 10:36 pm

I cant get on him right now.

His team basically threw away 2 out of 4 games and if they didnt, he'd be looking at a 3-1 lead and avoiding all critique for quite some time.
Now he isnt a great coach and he does some things that make no sense but still, his team hasnt helped him much this series.
bumrusherer

Postby DHL on Sat May 19, 2012 10:36 pm

can't figure out how to combat fronting
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Re: Mike Brown Discussion: (Lakers Playoff record: 5-6)

Postby brickshooter on Sat May 19, 2012 10:51 pm

Mike Brown.

If you want to say something about Perkin's moving screens, say it now.

Don't wait until after the rest of the team is in Hawaii.
brickshooter

Postby Lakerjones on Sun May 20, 2012 12:27 am

Since the season is basically done now, I'm not going to hold back any longer. He's not a very good coach. I'd love to see him canned.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby halekulani on Sun May 20, 2012 12:36 am

i dont get why sessions doesn't get to play in the fourth quarter

our offense gets stagnant and we just keep letting leads slip through our fingers
halekulani

Postby Ariza3 on Sun May 20, 2012 12:47 am

better see ebanks instead of barnes. and sesh in the 4th over blake since defense on westbrook is the same.
Ariza3

Postby intuitivelOve on Sun May 20, 2012 1:01 am

Goudelock wouldnt have airballed that 3 the way Matt Barnes did.....just sayin..
intuitivelOve

Postby KB24 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:41 am

hey dumbazz

you have a pretty good scorer/shooter in Glock off the bench.

Well, might as well give him a burn. 10 bench points is once again just incredibly terrible.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Murdock on Sun May 20, 2012 1:57 am

I think that Mike needs to find an offensive coordinator and let him take over that part of the game ... problem is then mike would become an assistant coach and not head coach ... maybe that's where he belongs...
Murdock

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun May 20, 2012 2:38 am

I didn't have confidence in this team with MIKE BROWN as head coach going into this season, and I still don't for next season. I'm pretty sure Lakers are going to spin it and say that it was a shortened season, new roster, blah blah blah blah BLAH BLAH BLAH and Mike Brown will remain the coach of the Lakers for next season. This was JIMMY'S PICK...so you can ensure that both BYNUM and BROWN will be here next season. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
FabFourLakers

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard