Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Re: Mike Brown Discussion: (Lakers Playoff record: 5-6)

Postby Ariza3 on Sun May 20, 2012 9:33 pm

for the love of god please leave sesh in the 4th quarter!

especially if he's playing aggressive and scoring in the lane. even more so if the offense is stagnate which it will be with blake. This will give another scorer who WILL get in the lane and if he doesn't score feed the bigs or at least give a chance for our bigs to rebound or tip it in. Sesh finds players and gets EVERYONE involved vs. kobe isos which makes everyone not fight for position.

EBANKS > BARNES so why not play him...idiot :bang:

if pau is not being aggressive on defense, offense, or on the boards then play HILL. not that complicated...thats kind of what a 3rd big off the bench is for....isnt it?
Ariza3

Postby Jellincon on Sun May 20, 2012 9:37 pm

sina wrote:Some more minor adjustments, Brown: 1) don't play Pau as blue-collar type player beside Bynum for too long. He is capable to do more. And let him play more center instead of power forward. He is a better player close to the rim. 2) give some minutes to Ebanks and Goudelock as Barnes is off. 3) play more sessions unless Blake is more aggressive to attack the basket. Sessions can score. He is a threat. When OKC put Durant on Kobe n Harden on Ron, Lakers didn't have a perimeter player can score. In fact, u can keep Sessions on the floor and let him play pick n roll with Pau n cut in for lay up or take midrange jumper. Lack of scoring ability is our weakness, especially in final minutes. It costs us so much.

I don't understand why Mike Brown doesn't run the same plays for Pau that he had in game 7 of the Denver series. In that game he had multiple touches in the post and he was more effective. It's like the decisions Mike Brown makes that are actually beneficial to the team one game, he goes away from the next game forgetting what had worked before. :bang:
Jellincon

Postby odom1year on Sun May 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Jellincon wrote:
sina wrote:Some more minor adjustments, Brown: 1) don't play Pau as blue-collar type player beside Bynum for too long. He is capable to do more. And let him play more center instead of power forward. He is a better player close to the rim. 2) give some minutes to Ebanks and Goudelock as Barnes is off. 3) play more sessions unless Blake is more aggressive to attack the basket. Sessions can score. He is a threat. When OKC put Durant on Kobe n Harden on Ron, Lakers didn't have a perimeter player can score. In fact, u can keep Sessions on the floor and let him play pick n roll with Pau n cut in for lay up or take midrange jumper. Lack of scoring ability is our weakness, especially in final minutes. It costs us so much.

I don't understand why Mike Brown doesn't run the same plays for Pau that he had in game 7 of the Denver series. In that game he had multiple touches in the post and he was more effective. It's like the decisions Mike Brown makes that are actually beneficial to the team one game, he goes away from the next game forgetting what had worked before. :bang:

If you have replayed 4th quarter, MWP, Blake and Kobe had the ball mostly. And MWP and Blake passed the ball to Kobe when the clock comes to 10 sec remaining. You should see how frustrated of the best Twin Towers of the league is.
odom1year

Postby Ariza3 on Sun May 20, 2012 10:01 pm

watching CP3 play this well and put up those numbers when he's got no really good players surrounding him is phenomenal. imagine if he were a laker...even without pau we'd be ballin. Hill could start over Pau and we wouldnt see a difference minus a few nice passes
Ariza3

Postby jamabile on Sun May 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Initially, I said I would wait for the playoffs to make my decision on Brown, but I didn't. I'm reaching this conclusion that I'm willing to give Brown a full year next year with a full training camp, and I believe different personnel next year to fit his system. He had issues this year. No doubt about that; however, if he screws up next year, then he has no excuses...
jamabile

Postby Ariza3 on Mon May 21, 2012 2:08 pm

said instead of complaining about illegal screens he's gunna do it too lol
Ariza3

Postby revgen on Mon May 21, 2012 2:27 pm

DHL wrote:
ramonashelburne ‏@ramonashelburne

Pau: "It's a different scenario now. I try to get more involved, but it seems my involvement is thru offensive rebounding and a couple Js."

Pau has no reason to complain when he's with the 2nd unit. There is nobody but himself keeping him from posting up.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby GNC on Mon May 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Please fire his ***.
GNC

Postby LakerFan1235 on Mon May 21, 2012 9:40 pm

well Mike, you decided to sit Kobe out when KD and westbrook and Harden were all in the game. It took you 5 games to realize what I realized after our regular season comeback against OKC (Ebanks does a hell of a job on Durant). I strongly dislike you. You look scared as a coach, you can't coach offense for sh*T, and your defense is not that impressive.
And to top it all off you are certainly going to be here for at LEAST one more year. :man6:
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Doc Brown on Mon May 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Please get fired. All you are going to do is waste another year of Kobe's career. I'm actually pissed off thinking that I have to endure another year, a full year, with Brown as the coach. He literally does nothing for the team.

He needs to be fired ASAP or we ain't winning squat with this guy as head coach. He's not good at anything, while being bad at everything.

Vote to Fire.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby venky on Mon May 21, 2012 10:00 pm

How dare you, how dare you even apply for this job.
venky

Postby Lakerjones on Mon May 21, 2012 10:01 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Please get fired. All you are going to do is waste another year of Kobe's career. I'm actually pissed off thinking that I have to endure another year, a full year, with Brown as the coach. He literally does nothing for the team.

He needs to be fired ASAP or we ain't winning squat with this guy as head coach. He's not good at anything, while being bad at everything.

Vote to Fire.

^^ Agreed.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon May 21, 2012 10:02 pm

#firemikebrown
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby LakeShow09 on Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Mike Brown laughing and giggling through the press conference. wow :bang: :bang:
LakeShow09

Postby Scnottaken on Mon May 21, 2012 10:08 pm

fksteveblake wrote:#firemikebrown

Time for a fkmikebrown username?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Re: Mike Brown Discussion: (Lakers Playoff record: 5-7)

Postby Jordan-esque on Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Charles Barkley:

"Being Bigger don't work anymore because the Lakers are slow. Bynum or Gasol, one of them got to go. Lakers got to find a way to get younger."

Shaquille O'Neal:

"Lakers didn't believe in the new system (Mike Brown's System). When you have a proven blueprint that has been successful that works (Phil Jackson), when you change this blueprint, people will be hesitant. This new system, this regular man system doesn't work for them. They need a disciplined system."
Last edited by Jordan-esque on Mon May 21, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby BDG on Mon May 21, 2012 10:16 pm

GTFO.

End thread.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Weezy on Mon May 21, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't even care right now, don't even know what to say about him. I don't even know if anyone better is going to available this offseason, we might just be stuck with him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon May 21, 2012 10:26 pm

BDG wrote:GTFO.

End thread.

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby jimbo327 on Mon May 21, 2012 10:28 pm

This clown is not going to anywhere as long as Jim is calling the shots now.

I still have no idea why Mike Brown puts in Steve Blake to guard Russell Westbrook. Mike, please use your brain, and make an adjustment to stop Westbrook when he is looking to score. Put Metta on him for a few series to give him some looks and get the ball out of his hand. They were running the pick and roll with Westbrook, so many times, it is just embarrassing to see the same play being run with any adjustment. All he had to do is have Bynum show hard on the pick, and have Pau sag off his man to float into the lane to protect the basket. This will allow Bynum to show hard and force Westbrook to drive. And if he drives, send his arse to the ground with a hard foul. Then next time, try to take a charge. Then next time, go for the block. Think. We were so predictable. Russell goes over the screen, our small gets stuck on the screen, Westbrook pulls up for a jumper with our big sagging off the screen. Ughhhhh.

You have to mix it up. Brown is just too stupid to figure this out. Westbrook carried the Thunder to these victories.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby Lakerjones on Mon May 21, 2012 10:32 pm

BDG wrote:GTFO.

End thread.

^^ This.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby c.Lin on Mon May 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Mike Brown's inability to make adjustments, especially on the offensive end, is a glaring shortcoming. His offensive scheme is horrendous. I really don't think he commands the respect of his players. He's really not the coach we need to lead us to a championship.
c.Lin

Postby Jellincon on Mon May 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't even care right now, don't even know what to say about him. I don't even know if anyone better is going to available this offseason, we might just be stuck with him.

What about Nate McMillan?
Jellincon

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 pm

nate i would love is adelman out there? what about shaw back?
PurpleNGold1

Postby jlkr on Mon May 21, 2012 10:49 pm

I like McMillan and Shaw best of the available younger coaches. Adelman is committed to Minny now; that ship has sailed. Damn that baseball cap boy. I wanted Adelman, heck Kobe thought he was getting Adelman or Shaw.

Unfortunately there's no way Jimmy eats Brown's contract this early. Brown will get a full summer and a full training camp to put it together. He goofs it again, then maybe Jimmy will reconsider. Mitch now knows that Gasol and Bynum aren't that compatible. Well actually they never really were under Phil, it's just that Phil had Odom to cover that up. So Gasol out for a hopefully decent package including a TPE and we'll see about the rest. They do need to tell Kobe they could be doing a major overhaul/rebuild, they owe him that courtesy.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard