Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Re: Mike Brown Discussion thread

Postby thkthebest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:52 pm

The sad thing is, if Kobe didn't play that many minutes, we'd probably be below .500. Mike Brown kind of doesn't have a choice right now.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Sirron on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:54 pm

thkthebest wrote:The sad thing is, if Kobe didn't play that many minutes, we'd probably be below .500. Mike Brown kind of doesn't have a choice right now.

Always have a choice, but none of us would really like that choice much either.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:30 pm

therealdeal wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:Those blaming Brown for the loss to the Bucks, I've love to hear you try and justify that one. *grabs popcorn*

It's not about one game, he was a bad hiring from the start. The defense is even worse than last season and the offense is unspeakably bad. Nothing is going right and nothing will go right. We can't run Bron' Ball with this joke of a roster and that's the only thing that made Potato Head look remotely decent.

oh my goodness I agree with almost none of this post.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

FWIW, I am still interested in seeing if someone can provide a legit argument as to how the loss against MIL was on Brown though. Our struggles to start the season had to do not so much with the system itself, but with the unfamiliarity of it. Players were lost and confused out there. Recently it's less about the system and more about simple decision making out on the court (e.g. Kobe forcing things when he has a mismatch to go to inside with Drew, MWP refusing to stop jacking it up from deep, Fish thinking he's better than what he is, Pau playing like a girl etc...).

Furthermore, if Brown was brought on board with the idea that we could make a play for CP3, how is it Brown's fault (or management's for that matter) that Stern nixed the Paul trade? The ignorants are doing what they always do, trying to pin blame on someone they either don't like, disapprove of or aren't familiar with. I didn't hear s*** from anyone last night when the Lakers went up by 18 on the Wolves but the second the players start making dumb decisions and getting lazy around the rim, it's somehow Brown's fault. GTFO and get real.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby tttppp on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:19 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote: :man10: :man10: :man10:

FWIW, I am still interested in seeing if someone can provide a legit argument as to how the loss against MIL was on Brown though. Our struggles to start the season had to do not so much with the system itself, but with the unfamiliarity of it. Players were lost and confused out there. Recently it's less about the system and more about simple decision making out on the court (e.g. Kobe forcing things when he has a mismatch to go to inside with Drew, MWP refusing to stop jacking it up from deep, Fish thinking he's better than what he is, Pau playing like a girl etc...).

Furthermore, if Brown was brought on board with the idea that we could make a play for CP3, how is it Brown's fault (or management's for that matter) that Stern nixed the Paul trade? The ignorants are doing what they always do, trying to pin blame on someone they either don't like, disapprove of or aren't familiar with. I didn't hear s*** from anyone last night when the Lakers went up by 18 on the Wolves but the second the players start making dumb decisions and getting lazy around the rim, it's somehow Brown's fault. GTFO and get real.

Brown is the coach. He is responsible for all wins and losses. So it was Brown's fault for the loss against MIL. That said, I don't blame him for having one bad game against MIL. That happens. What I do blame him for is our lousy record. More importantly only Kobe is playing well on his team. Any coach in the world can find a way for a superstar to play well. The good coaches get everyone involved.

Also, the proposed CP3 trade was bad for the Lakers. Chris Paul does not play defense. Offensively, the Lakers are used to the triangle and creating shots for themselves. They don't need some little point guard to spoon feed them the ball. Giving away two big men for him is idiotic. Mike Brown was the one who stated he wanted to convert to a twin towers San Antonio offense. Why would he want to give up two of his big men for nothing?
tttppp

Postby JGC on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:34 pm

tttppp wrote:

Brown is the coach. He is responsible for all wins and losses. So it was Brown's fault for the loss against MIL. That said, I don't blame him for having one bad game against MIL. That happens. What I do blame him for is our lousy record. More importantly only Kobe is playing well on his team. Any coach in the world can find a way for a superstar to play well. The good coaches get everyone involved.

Also, the proposed CP3 trade was bad for the Lakers. Chris Paul does not play defense. Offensively, the Lakers are used to the triangle and creating shots for themselves. They don't need some little point guard to spoon feed them the ball. Giving away two big men for him is idiotic. Mike Brown was the one who stated he wanted to convert to a twin towers San Antonio offense. Why would he want to give up two of his big men for nothing?

I wonder if Kobe gave Phil his rings.
JGC

Postby Alcindor on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:48 pm

tttppp wrote:

Chris Paul is nothing? The guy who is second in the league in steals by a very narrow margin doesn't play any defense? My my my.
Alcindor

Postby tttppp on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Alcindor wrote:
tttppp wrote:

Chris Paul is nothing? The guy who is second in the league in steals by a very narrow margin doesn't play any defense? My my my.

There's more to defense than steals and blocks.
tttppp

Postby LakeShow09 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:41 pm

LakeShow09

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:18 pm

tttppp wrote:

Brown is the coach. He is responsible for all wins and losses. So it was Brown's fault for the loss against MIL. That said, I don't blame him for having one bad game against MIL.

So much contradiction, and that's after you consider the fact that this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard (I mean is VDN solely responsible for all of those Clipper wins this year...I DON'T THINK SO, was Mike Brown solely responsible for all of those wins in Cleveland when James was there...I DON'T THINK SO, was Riley solely responsible for the Lakers dominating the league in the 80s...I DON'T THINK SO), you may want to rethink that one.

tttppp wrote:That happens. What I do blame him for is our lousy record. More importantly only Kobe is playing well on his team. Any coach in the world can find a way for a superstar to play well. The good coaches get everyone involved.

Oh ok, so Mike Brown made Gasol and McBob miss those FTs against Chicago, Mike Brown let Tyreke get into the lane and left Thornton out on the arc against Sacramento, Mike Brown made Kobe take and miss a bunch of awful shots against Denver, Mike Brown told the guards to repeatedly cheat over to help on HIbbert and let Indy get wide open threes, Mike Brown, Mike Brown, Mike Brown. It's all Mike Brown's fault.

tttppp wrote:Also, the proposed CP3 trade was bad for the Lakers. Chris Paul does not play defense.

He gambles a bit too much at times on the defensive end, but CP3 is very adept and pressuring his man and forcing TOs at that end of the floor. He's also great at jumping passing lanes and as we're all aware, flopping for calls around picks just like Fisher.

tttppp wrote:Offensively, the Lakers are used to the triangle and creating shots for themselves.

HALF of them are, HALF. You act like McBob, Murph, Kapono and the Rooks were all playing under PJ last season. Furthermore, Ebanks and Caracter barely got any PT under Jackson and Artest never fully got the the hang of things under Phil. Kobe, Drew, Pau, Fish, Walton, Barnes and (kind of) Blake are the only ones who really "got it" under Jackson and of those guys, two are useless, one is playing like a poon and another who is currently injured is really more of a solid backup than he is a true starter. That leaves you with Kobe, Drew and Barnes. Yeah, that'll get it done.

tttppp wrote:They don't need some little point guard to spoon feed them the ball. Giving away two big men for him is idiotic. Mike Brown was the one who stated he wanted to convert to a twin towers San Antonio offense. Why would he want to give up two of his big men for nothing?

Newsflash, Gasol ain't no prime Duncan, and Bynum has his own bit of struggling to overcome as he learns to deal with more pressure as a result of him getting more touches. Your entire anti-Brown rant is the result of you being unwilling and unable to let go of the past as well as a deep hatred for Brown. You were hating on the guy before the season even started. The fact of the matter is that the Lakers were looking to move on and Stern stepped in. Furthermore, you have been unable to point out specifics within Brown's system that are leading to the Lakers struggling at the offensive end and until you can do that, I think it's safe to assume that you simply don't like the guy and will continue to push your agenda as long as the Lakers are struggling.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby tttppp on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:37 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
tttppp wrote:

Brown is the coach. He is responsible for all wins and losses. So it was Brown's fault for the loss against MIL. That said, I don't blame him for having one bad game against MIL.

So much contradiction, and that's after you consider the fact that this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard (I mean is VDN solely responsible for all of those Clipper wins this year...I DON'T THINK SO, was Mike Brown solely responsible for all of those wins in Cleveland when James was there...I DON'T THINK SO, was Riley solely responsible for the Lakers dominating the league in the 80s...I DON'T THINK SO), you may want to rethink that one.

tttppp wrote:That happens. What I do blame him for is our lousy record. More importantly only Kobe is playing well on his team. Any coach in the world can find a way for a superstar to play well. The good coaches get everyone involved.

Oh ok, so Mike Brown made Gasol and McBob miss those FTs against Chicago, Mike Brown let Tyreke get into the lane and left Thornton out on the arc against Sacramento, Mike Brown made Kobe take and miss a bunch of awful shots against Denver, Mike Brown told the guards to repeatedly cheat over to help on HIbbert and let Indy get wide open threes, Mike Brown, Mike Brown, Mike Brown. It's all Mike Brown's fault.

tttppp wrote:Also, the proposed CP3 trade was bad for the Lakers. Chris Paul does not play defense.

He gambles a bit too much at times on the defensive end, but CP3 is very adept and pressuring his man and forcing TOs at that end of the floor. He's also great at jumping passing lanes and as we're all aware, flopping for calls around picks just like Fisher.

tttppp wrote:Offensively, the Lakers are used to the triangle and creating shots for themselves.

HALF of them are, HALF. You act like McBob, Murph, Kapono and the Rooks were all playing under PJ last season. Furthermore, Ebanks and Caracter barely got any PT under Jackson and Artest never fully got the the hang of things under Phil. Kobe, Drew, Pau, Fish, Walton, Barnes and (kind of) Blake are the only ones who really "got it" under Jackson and of those guys, two are useless, one is playing like a poon and another who is currently injured is really more of a solid backup than he is a true starter. That leaves you with Kobe, Drew and Barnes. Yeah, that'll get it done.

tttppp wrote:They don't need some little point guard to spoon feed them the ball. Giving away two big men for him is idiotic. Mike Brown was the one who stated he wanted to convert to a twin towers San Antonio offense. Why would he want to give up two of his big men for nothing?

Newsflash, Gasol ain't no prime Duncan, and Bynum has his own bit of struggling to overcome as he learns to deal with more pressure as a result of him getting more touches. Your entire anti-Brown rant is the result of you being unwilling and unable to let go of the past as well as a deep hatred for Brown. You were hating on the guy before the season even started. The fact of the matter is that the Lakers were looking to move on and Stern stepped in. Furthermore, you have been unable to point out specifics within Brown's system that are leading to the Lakers struggling at the offensive end and until you can do that, I think it's safe to assume that you simply don't like the guy and will continue to push your agenda as long as the Lakers are struggling.

I don't know what kind of management experience you have (probably none), but when you're the manager (or coach) you are 100% responsible for your employees (or players). Period. No excuses. I've managed people before and I can tell you I never made excuses. I ALWAYS got everything done right. I didn't just sit around and say "gee this guy screwed up, its his fault not mine, so who cares."

To say this is the most ridiculous thing you have heard shows your stupidity. The only way you can effectively manage anything in life is if you hold each and every person responsible. Mike Brown is the HEAD coach, not ASSISTANT coach. He's not partly responsible, he's completely responsible.
tttppp

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:45 pm

tttppp wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:So much contradiction, and that's after you consider the fact that this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard (I mean is VDN solely responsible for all of those Clipper wins this year...I DON'T THINK SO, was Mike Brown solely responsible for all of those wins in Cleveland when James was there...I DON'T THINK SO, was Riley solely responsible for the Lakers dominating the league in the 80s...I DON'T THINK SO), you may want to rethink that one.

I don't know what kind of management experience you have (probably none), but when you're the manager (or coach) you are 100% responsible for your employees (or players). Period. No excuses. I've managed people before and I can tell you I never made excuses. I ALWAYS got everything done right. I didn't just sit around and say "gee this guy screwed up, its his fault not mine, so who cares."

To say this is the most ridiculous thing you have heard shows your stupidity. The only way you can effectively manage anything in life is if you hold each and every person responsible. Mike Brown is the HEAD coach, not ASSISTANT coach. He's not partly responsible, he's completely responsible.

Step 1. Completely ignore my entire post because you are either unable or simply unwilling to construct a legitimate response which addresses the points I've raised.

Step 2. Make an absurdly broad generalization by stating that whatever managerial experience you've stumbled into in life is comparable to a head coaching job in the NBA.

Step 3. Call me stupid.

Hey man, all that's left now is Step 4, that's the part where TIME steps in to censor your "freedom of speech". Damn I knew I should have kept that sig.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby tttppp on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:52 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
Step 1. Completely ignore my entire post because you are either unable or simply unwilling to construct a legitimate response which addresses the points I've raised.

Step 2. Make an absurdly broad generalization by stating that whatever managerial experience you've stumbled into in life is comparable to a head coaching job in the NBA.

Step 3. Call me stupid.

Hey man, all that's left now is Step 4, that's the part where TIME steps in to censor your "freedom of speech". Damn I knew I should have kept that sig.

Tell me about your experience managing people. What makes you the expert?
tttppp

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:00 pm

tttppp wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:

Step 3. Call me stupid.

Tell me about your experience managing people. What makes you the expert?

Well to start, I'm managing you and your "arguments" pretty well in this thread.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:34 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
tttppp wrote:I don't know what kind of management experience you have (probably none), but when you're the manager (or coach) you are 100% responsible for your employees (or players). Period. No excuses. I've managed people before and I can tell you I never made excuses. I ALWAYS got everything done right. I didn't just sit around and say "gee this guy screwed up, its his fault not mine, so who cares."

Step 3. Call me stupid.

Hey! Look up in the sky! It's TIME! No, it's Weezy! No, it's...it's...

THEREALDEAL

Seriously though please be respectful of other posters. I don't want to have to hand out warnings or suspensions. Thanks.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Do not like our offense and it starts with the coach. Our offense is basically give the ball to Kobe and let him shoot or pass out of a double team, or give the ball to one of the bigs and let them shoot or pass out of a double team. It's terrible, we're the LeBron Cleveland Cavs without the wins. I can't help but think Adelman could be getting more out of this team, even with the mediocre roster. And why are Ron and Fish playing so much? Why is Ebanks not playing AT ALL?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:33 pm

The O looks bad, and if you read or listen to the stuff Brown says about our offense, he seems perfectly convinced that it's all laid out properly and will simply turn around. That seems...hmm...stupid. I'm losing confidence a bit.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:39 pm

I am not really losing any faith or getting down on the guy because he's giving exactly what he advertised: defense. The offense is absolutely dreadful but we all knew that was going to happen.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm losing confidence a LOT. There are no real roles out there for our players, certain players play some nights, then not at all other nights. I mean really what is Ron's role out there? What is Barnes' role out there? These guys look completely lost out there, especially Barnes, he gets like 2 shots a game, if he ever has a good game it's only because he gets a lot of hustle plays. Maybe we were just very spoiled with Phil Jackson (who wasn't perfect of course), but I do not like our offense or our rotations.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby brickshooter on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:42 pm

This offense is so incredibly bad. It takes way too long to develop. Shooters can NOT get to their spots on time. They're not able to catch the ball it in their shooting crouch. When the ball goes into the post, NO ONE is cutting to the basket.

Hey Jim Buss, I got a great idea. The offense has a problem. Let's hire Mike DAntoni. Then have DAntoni introduce a new defensive scheme!

I've no idea whatsoever why the heck everyone is so in love with Mike Brown that they're willing to shut their eyes to how bad this offense is.
brickshooter

Postby WilliamHaven on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:44 pm

on offense the guys for the most part look very confused and lost. even when phil was teaching the triangle to new guys, they would be able to turn out some sort of respectable offensive game. this is just not good coaching.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:26 pm

i wish i could find the video from when mike brown was still coaching the cavs where he goes an entire timeout without actually coaching his team. his assistant was doing everything and he was just on the side looking on like he was one of the players. ive seen that a lot this season with the lakers too.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby kray28 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:30 pm

kray28

Postby BDG on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:36 pm

It's a weird situation.

On one hand I think this team is underachieving in certain respects.

On the other hand, Mike Brown really doesn't have a lot to work with.

My main problem, however, as others have said, is there's no consistency with the rotations.

I don't get why the hell he doesn't play Kapono all game then all of a sudden inserts him into the lineup in the fourth quarter. And he's done that on numerous occasions. I've never really seen a 12th man get thrown in come crunch time when he hasn't played in the three previous quarters.

But like I said, this team has a few gaping holes (PG, SF, bench) that it's hard to fault Brown for any of that.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby dj vitus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:38 pm

There's another version of that vid where it pauses every now and then to show what they look like they're saying. It's hilarious. Maybe I can find it...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:38 pm

:man10: Here we go:

"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard