Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Re: Mike Brown Discussion: (Brown's last chance?)

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Nash made sure that Kobe was on board with his doing things ont he court and made sure that Brown was okay with his calling plays on the court. Nash is certainly going to have his finger prints on this team...I'm hoping he has more impact than all the assistants this season.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby jimbo327 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Brown needs to just stop getting in the way of our players with his retarded rotations. And for God sakes, use our bench to save our vet's legs in the regular season. And in the playoffs, just let our stars play together.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Re: Mike Brown

Postby kray28 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:47 pm

revgen wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
revgen wrote:Soooo, that means Brown focuses on defense, we're he's better suited but still clueless in some areas.

The problem is that his defensive philosophy had “stall ball” (ie. “four corners” offense) as a cornerstone. His defense was most effective when the team was struggling to score 100 points.

In other words, his defensive philosophy is to create less possessions so guys can play harder on the defensive end on each possession.

Nevermind if the defensive scheme is flawed and not suited to our personnel.

That has always been the mirage behind Brown's "defense". Lowering the number of possessions also means that the Laker offense has a lower margin for error. IN the playoffs, his defensive plan was actually successful in this regard, but the Lakers couldn't execute in the clutch and made critical errors in the worst possible times.
kray28

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:37 pm

trodgers wrote:Nash made sure that Kobe was on board with his doing things ont he court and made sure that Brown was okay with his calling plays on the court. Nash is certainly going to have his finger prints on this team...I'm hoping he has more impact than all the assistants this season.

Yeah it's still comical to me how invisible and worthless Messina was last year, little practice time or not, when you looked at the garbage offense we had. I doubt Nash prefers to start every set giving it to Bynum or Pau out near the freaking 3 point line eating up about 8 seconds every time down, and then ultimately it's one guy usually Kobe, Bynum or Pau going ISO while the other 4 stand around. It's boggling actually. Where the hell was his input????
LTLakerFan

Postby XXIV on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:05 pm

jimbo327 wrote:Brown needs to just stop getting in the way of our players with his retarded rotations. And for God sakes, use our bench to save our vet's legs in the regular season. And in the playoffs, just let our stars play together.

I agree, and hopefully management gives him a much better bench to utitilize.
XXIV

Postby JSM on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:50 pm

I hope Nash brings a lighter with him to training camp and lights Brown's playbook on fire. Hopefully Brown won't try to interfere and let Nash do his thing and run the entire offense. Now only thing Brown can screw up on that end is the rotations, which he is damn good at doing...maybe he'll let Nash determine the sub patterns to...please God!
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:56 pm

JSM wrote:I hope Nash brings a lighter with him to training camp and lights Brown's playbook on fire. Hopefully Brown won't try to interfere and let Nash do his thing and run the entire offense. Now only thing Brown can screw up on that end is the rotations, which he is damn good at doing...maybe he'll let Nash determine the sub patterns to...please God!

Playbook? I'm sure it's an index card at most.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Scnottaken on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:53 pm

trodgers wrote:
JSM wrote:I hope Nash brings a lighter with him to training camp and lights Brown's playbook on fire. Hopefully Brown won't try to interfere and let Nash do his thing and run the entire offense. Now only thing Brown can screw up on that end is the rotations, which he is damn good at doing...maybe he'll let Nash determine the sub patterns to...please God!

He has his playbook on a DVD as well. . . his dvd player runs on 1-1.5 volts (a giant crazy robot to anyone who gets the reference!)
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Center Court on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:07 pm

I think my sig applies here....
Center Court

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:02 am

trodgers wrote:

Playbook is basically TV recording of Popovich's plays, and then Brown trying to reverse engineering it.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:04 am

XXIV wrote:
jimbo327 wrote:Brown needs to just stop getting in the way of our players with his retarded rotations. And for God sakes, use our bench to save our vet's legs in the regular season. And in the playoffs, just let our stars play together.

I agree, and hopefully management gives him a much better bench to utitilize.

I agree, and hopefully management gives him a limousine and plane ticket out of here. Fixed.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby Congo Cash on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:14 am

His playbook is basically pass it to Kobe and let him play 1v5(8) for 40 minutes...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:57 am

At this point, I'd rather have Pringles than Potatohead running this team. Brown likes to connect himself with Popovich. Pop's best lineup was:

Parker
Ginobilli
Bowen
Duncan
Robinson

Compare it to ours now with....

Nash
Kobe
Artest
Pau
Bynum

Pretty d@mn similar. He better win this year. No excuses.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:10 am

Well, it is hard to reverse engineer Pop's player rotation since he has different players. That is why Brown is so terrible at it. No DVD playback to mimic.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby BadCoaching on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:11 am

Ugh.. Mike Brown is the worst part of this team.. even more than out lack of outside shooting or bench production.
BadCoaching

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:26 am

purp n gold wrote:By signing Nash we also signed our head coach. Not only will he coach our offense, but his leadership and player management are both light years ahead of what Mike Brown can do.

Mike Brown is now officially our Defensive Coordinator, as far as I'm concerned.

^^ This mirrors my feelings exactly. Mike Brown might very well be the WORST offensive coach I've ever seen. Certainly the worst Laker offensive coach.

The Nash signing by Mitch is brilliant because it totally circumvents Brown's shortcomings in that regard. Just let Steve run the show on his own. We haven't had a floor general this good since Magic Johnson. Brown can then focus on what he's good at and cares about - the defense. That's it. Only possible workaround for our situation and Mitch made it happen like the champ that he is.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:56 am

I see Brown allowing Nash to run the team on the floor since he has enough clout and has the you know whats to do so. I'm sure the core players will back him up on it. All Brown has to do other than tweaking the defense is to push them as far as effort and attention is concerned though he is no Jackson or Riley in that regard either.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:22 am

Lakerjones wrote:Mike Brown is now officially our Defensive Coordinator, as far as I'm concerned.

[/quote]

Sad, but true.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Yeah, but Nash is not going to play 48 minutes. What is Brown going to do with the backup....we all know what that is, give it to Kobe and let him make something happen.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby JUST-MING on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:03 pm

John3:16 wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Mike Brown is now officially our Defensive Coordinator, as far as I'm concerned.

Sad, but true.

If they land Howard, he’s taking over that job. Mike Brown can lay his fatass out on the bench.

Spoiler:
fksteveblake wrote:can i get you anything mike? a pillow? some hot cocoa?
JUST-MING

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:02 pm

JUST-MING wrote:
John3:16 wrote:

Sad, but true.

If they land Howard, he’s taking over that job. Mike Brown can lay his fatass out on the bench.

Spoiler:
fksteveblake wrote:can i get you anything mike? a pillow? some hot cocoa?

:man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:29 pm

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:At this point, I'd rather have Pringles than Potatohead running this team. Brown likes to connect himself with Popovich. Pop's best lineup was:

Parker
Ginobilli
Bowen
Duncan
Robinson

Compare it to ours now with....

Nash
Kobe
Artest
Pau
Bynum

Pretty d@mn similar. He better win this year. No excuses.

Wouldn't mind pringles at all, if it's in an offensive coordinator role like he had in NY.. If Mike Brown only has to focus on defense, we will be very good.. I think we're fine either way though.. We saw how much Kobe called plays last season.. With Nash in the fold, Brown will be called on his mistakes & adjustments will be made
lakersin4

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:41 am

Been saying this as well, get Pringles in here to run the offense.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Los Angeles Lakers ‏@lakersbuzztap
Inside the Lakers >> Assistant coach Quin Snyder leaving Lakers for CSKA Moscow http://buzztap.com/-XQ2pPd
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Been saying this as well, get Pringles in here to run the offense.

^^ Nice call. Pringles on the offense and Brown on the D could actually be a good pairing.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard