Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Re: Mike Brown Discussion: (Brown's last chance?)

Postby VincentTH on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:56 pm

therealdeal wrote:I heard Brown in a recent interview on 710 ESPN hint at the idea of Nash having more control of the offense. Nash also spoke to Brown about the offense they would run even before the trade was finalized. I think Brown knows that offense is not his strong suit and he's going to let Nash do his thing. I'm sure he'll have some input, but for the most part it will be Nash that is controlling that end of the floor.

I feel like even if he tried to run the show at this point Kobe and Steve would just basically not listen. They've got it under control and I have faith in those two. As for the Princeton offense, I think it'll be the right offense to run with the pieces we have now.

Ainsi soit il!
VincentTH

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Finwë wrote:BUMP
BBALLBREAKDOWN ‏@bballSource
ICYMI: Mike Brown told me yesterday they hoped Eddie Jordan will join staff, they're running Princeton Hi post this year either way
Retwitteado por Nate Jones

I'm not very familiar with US college basketball, what's that Princeton offense like? It's mentioned a lot in basketball talks.

Kobe8Fan

Postby snackdaddy on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:02 am

As much as I love Kobe, his role in the offense is what will make or break this team. If he continues to ISO with Nash on the floor and shoot with an expiring shot clock, I don't see them any better than the past two seasons.

If he lets Nash run it, they will be much more effective. Will he trust Nash? He really hasn't done that his whole career with anyone. Phil's offense never relied on a traditional playmaking PG. They didn't have one last season.

Nash is great at finding the open man. But will he have the ball enough to play his game? If he passes to Kobe early, will he get it back? Or will Kobe let Nash make the decisions?

As much as we're concerned about Brown's ability to coach an offense, we should be concerned about Kobe's ability to play with a guard who may not pass him the ball as much as he wants.
snackdaddy

Postby jlkr on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Kobe8Fan wrote:
Finwë wrote:BUMP
BBALLBREAKDOWN ‏@bballSource
ICYMI: Mike Brown told me yesterday they hoped Eddie Jordan will join staff, they're running Princeton Hi post this year either way
Retwitteado por Nate Jones

I'm not very familiar with US college basketball, what's that Princeton offense like? It's mentioned a lot in basketball talks.

For a good view of what the Princeton offense looks like at the professional level, see the Sacramento Kings of 1998-2003 vintage. That was a fun offense to watch if you weren't trying to stop them. The 2002 Kings would have been champs if they hadn't choked down the stretch in that game 7.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:19 pm

What an awful hire. Well, I guess if Spoelstra was able to get a championship then it's possible for Brown as well. That doesn't exactly bring me a lot more confidence in the guy though. Ugh. I'm not looking forward to watching this guy butcher our offense for another season.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Lakerjones wrote:What an awful hire. Well, I guess if Spoelstra was able to get a championship then it's possible for Brown as well. That doesn't exactly bring me a lot more confidence in the guy though. Ugh. I'm not looking forward to watching this guy butcher our offense for another season.

He is no longer in charge of anything offensively. WIth Nash on the team, along with Kobe and now Eddie Jordan (and to a lesser extent Kuester), Brown has nothing to do with the offense anymore. He's a defense coordinator and his job is to design a defense that can mesh with the offense the other guys put together.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 am

Still #fireMikeBrown
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 am

theres no way he could possibly screw this up... right?
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:01 am

He's sending his resume to Subway and to the weakest link as we speak
wcsoldier81

Postby purp n gold on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:23 am

Last season was full of excuses. He literally has zero now.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby BDG on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:25 am

If the Lakers fail to win a title with this roster, Brown has to be the first to go. Period.

Full training camp, (basically) four All-Stars.

Former DPOY, former MVP, former MVP, former 6th Man of the Year.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby last stand on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 am

BDG wrote:If the Lakers fail to win a title with this roster, Brown has to be the first to go. Period.

2 former DPOY. Can't forget ronald

Also Dwight finished 2nd in MVP voting in 2010 so that's 3 people to have finished top 2 in MVP voting

Incredible, a championship #2 option in gasol is now a #4 option
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby kenzo on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:49 am

A chimp could take this team to the Finals. I mean c'mon now. Nash running the offense, Dwight protecting the basket, Ron locking people down, Kobe having all the open shots and playing D like he cares. Pau, the most skilled and unselfish big in the game. Jamison and Hill of the bench. Is this real life on NBA2K :man9: :jam2: If Brown effs this up, he needs to get shot.
kenzo

Postby BDG on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:58 am

last stand wrote:
BDG wrote:If the Lakers fail to win a title with this roster, Brown has to be the first to go. Period.

Also Dwight finished 2nd in MVP voting in 2010 so that's 3 people to have finished top 2 in MVP voting

Yes, thank you ... forgot about Ron ... too many awards to keep track of. :man1:

It's a good thing.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:53 am

BDG wrote:
last stand wrote:

Yes, thank you ... forgot about Ron ... too many awards to keep track of. :man1:

It's a good thing.

The scary thing is Ron could be even better than what he showed at the end of last year.

Imagine being LeBron James and having to go up against Ron. You beat him, wonderful. Now you'll have to beat Dwight.

LOL.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby The Rock on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm on the fence about Brown. I think hes a good defensive coach, Im just not sure if he can handle the personalities and manage the locker room. Not sure about crunch time offense either. Even though we didnt have a personnel to be a good defensive team last year he gave them confidence that they can be, I like that about him. If Spolestra can win, I guess Brown can be given a chance as well. We'll see. He cant be flipping players in and out of the lineup though and he better not tax the Big 4, use your bench

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Brown to Y! on LAL offense "We're still going to do a lot of stuff we did last year. We're just incorporating some of the Princeton stuff."
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Gosh damnit you can't be that stupid.

A team with Nash / Kobe / D12 / Pau / Jamison and he wants to run ISO's all damn game.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kenzo on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Brown to Y! on LAL offense "We're still going to do a lot of stuff we did last year. We're just incorporating some of the Princeton stuff."
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

A team with Nash / Kobe / D12 / Pau / Jamison and he wants to run ISO's all damn game.

If true, dude is a dumbass :bang:
kenzo

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

here's to hoping they ignore it on the court
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

relax. when Nash, Kobe, Pau, and Dwight are all looking at Mr. Potato Head all at the same time during practice when he's talking about the ISO plays he wants to add he'll change his mind real fast.

Nash may not even know what that "ISO" word means. lol
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby borri on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

I'm gonna pretend that I didn't read that. :mad1: :bang:
borri

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:48 pm

i think by "stuff we did last year" he means feeding the post. which we do every year pretty well. I doubt with the addition of Nash & Howard while still keeping Pau, that we'll still run Kobe ISO all the time. He def will still do that bc its Kobe, but i think Kobe/Brown will let Nash do his thing with PnR with the best frontcourt in the league.

I think since we have so many threats, Mike Brown wants to use the Princeton Offense to increase our ball movement to find the open guy vs tying sooo hard each possession. We will still see Kobe ISO but it'll be ALOT less. Pau will be more of a post threat as Dwight plays off ball pretty well and free up the paint for Pau and Nash.

Dont read too much into "stuff we did last year" bc that could mean anything. I really think it has nothing to do with Kobe ISO and more to do with feeding the post and what Sessions was supposed to do but didn't for some reason.
Ariza3

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:48 pm

borri wrote:
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

I'm gonna pretend that I didn't read that. :mad1: :bang:

^^ I cannot stand Brown. I know Jim Buss was on board with trading for Howard and with using the TPE on Nash and for all of this I'm supremely thankful. But I'll never forgive him for his horrid coaching hires. Rudy T and now this guy. Rudy T at least had won a ring. He needs to delegate coaching hires from now on to Mitch as well.

Basically, my feeling is the same as it ever was - if we win we will do so in spite of Mike Brown at least on the offensive end. Yes, he can coach some D as we saw against OKC last year. For that I'll give him credit. But he is the worst with substations, not understanding his own roster, and just plain offense. And he micromanages the hell out of it, too. It's just no fun to watch.

This is the kind of talk that concerns me, realdeal. Will he really NOT be in charge of anything offensively? He shouldn't be, but do you really think he'll relinquish the reigns? Not from the way he's talking. I won't believe til I see it.

Personally, I don't want us to fixate too much on any system or any playbook stuff. Offense really doesn't need to be complicated. Let these guys play. We have all the right pieces for these guys to run their own thing out there: Nash at the helm, Pau the best passing big man in the league, Kobe the killer, and Howard to post or pick and roll. Add Ron Ron in as the wild card. They can handle this. I swear that between Nash, Kobe, Pau and even Howard they know more about offense than Eddie Jordan or Mike Brown. Let Nash do his freaking job and lay off Potato Head!! :bang:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Ariza3 wrote:i think by "stuff we did last year" he means feeding the post. which we do every year pretty well. I doubt with the addition of Nash & Howard while still keeping Pau, that we'll still run Kobe ISO all the time. He def will still do that bc its Kobe, but i think Kobe/Brown will let Nash do his thing with PnR with the best frontcourt in the league.

I think since we have so many threats, Mike Brown wants to use the Princeton Offense to increase our ball movement to find the open guy vs tying sooo hard each possession. We will still see Kobe ISO but it'll be ALOT less. Pau will be more of a post threat as Dwight plays off ball pretty well and free up the paint for Pau and Nash.

Dont read too much into "stuff we did last year" bc that could mean anything. I really think it has nothing to do with Kobe ISO and more to do with feeding the post and what Sessions was supposed to do but didn't for some reason.

I think you're giving him too much credit Ariza3. I think he means "ISO". Because that's about it for the Mike Brown offensive scheme. I also don't think it was Brown pushing for the Princeton Offense. He isn't even familiar with running it. That's why they brought in Eddie Jordan who has run it as head coach. I see this little talk as Brown again trying to state his control over the team. And that's something I'm not interested in seeing at all. He's the worst offensive head coach I've ever seen in the NBA. I actually prefer Del Harris. And that's saying a lot.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm VERY afraid of Nash being underutilized in the offense ... I won't be surprised if we actually are going to run little PNR with him ... which would be beyond stupid
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard