Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Re: Mike Brown Discussion: (Brown's last chance?)

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:04 am

The issue with Mike Brown is he does something I despise more then anything when it comes to face to face discussion. He is always laughing while he is talking. I hate when people do that. Just talk normal, stop (bleep) laughing and talk like a normal human being.
OX1947

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:29 pm

it's probably a defense mechanism for being insecure about what he's being asked about. diffuse with laughter.

unfortunately, it ends up making him look more like a buffoon
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby charvin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Imagine who would want to hire Brown in the future if he cramps and fails to win it all with this starting 5?
charvin

Postby easyguy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:08 pm

XXIV wrote:Lets say we did get rid of Brown after this season, who would we even go after (other than Phil)?

The Lakers are a very old team, I dont think we should wait an additional year to make a move. We need to look at every day like its the last day. We need to hire anyONE, to spark this team. If it's Phil than I'm sensing another chip....but I doubt he would come back. The Lakers do have some money invested in Brown...

I want a new coach, but unfortunately, I think we are stuck with Brown. We as fans can see this, why cant Mitch and Jimmy see it too? That is their business.
easyguy

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:15 pm

easyguy wrote:
XXIV wrote:Lets say we did get rid of Brown after this season, who would we even go after (other than Phil)?

The Lakers are a very old team, I dont think we should wait an additional year to make a move. We need to look at every day like its the last day. We need to hire anyONE, to spark this team. If it's Phil than I'm sensing another chip....but I doubt he would come back. The Lakers do have some money invested in Brown...

I want a new coach, but unfortunately, I think we are stuck with Brown. We as fans can see this, why cant Mitch and Jimmy see it too? That is their business.

^^Well, they're not blind, easyguy. There's a reason they brought in two experienced, qualified NBA head coaches behind Brown after last year. My only problem with it is that it's still Brown at the helm, and he's still asserting himself in that regard. But I don't like what I've seen. I'm with you that I'm not sure we can afford to waste another year with this guy. This is the year and I feel like the team is going to have to win in spite of him rather than because of Brown. Bad feeling to have. There's some money invested in Brown but it's pretty minimal money as far as what the Lakers have invested before. Brown is only making 4 mill a year, whereas Phil was making 10-12 per. Jordan and Bickerstaff are already on our payroll and either one of them could just take over right now and do a better job than Tater.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:16 pm

honestly i think they hired all these head coach caliber assistants so they can fire mike brown the second he screws up and not have to look for a new head coach
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:18 pm

fksteveblake wrote:it's probably a defense mechanism for being insecure about what he's being asked about. diffuse with laughter.

unfortunately, it ends up making him look more like a buffoon

I think naturally, people see that and see it as a huge negative. Especially if that person is in a power position like the head coach of the number 1 basketball team in the world..
OX1947

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Mike Brown was on PTI just a while ago. I just don't like the guy. :hurl:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Weezy wrote:Mike Brown was on PTI just a while ago. I just don't like the guy. :hurl:

It's the smile.
XXIV

Postby karacha on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:23 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:honestly i think they hired all these head coach caliber assistants so they can fire mike brown the second he screws up and not have to look for a new head coach

I would not be surprised at all if that was the case.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:28 pm

XXIV wrote:
Weezy wrote:Mike Brown was on PTI just a while ago. I just don't like the guy. :hurl:

It's the smile.

I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, but I feel the same way, I just don't like the guy as a head coach at all. Didn't like him in Cleveland, didn't like him when we hired him, and still not a fan of his.

We'll see what he's capable of now, no more excuses.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:35 pm

It's a disappointing feeling when you know winning a championship this year will only guarantee MB another year of coaching the Lakers, even if he had nothing to do with us winning. :scurred:
XXIV

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:51 pm

"we also gave up 12 offensive rebounds but for 21 second chance points and they shoot 40%...for me thats a great night defensively as a coach." - Mike Brown
:bang:

huh? how would any coach think thats a great defensive night?....
Ariza3

Postby Dfishman on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:20 pm

If we fail to win a single pre-season game and then lose the opener, I think we need to pull the trigger immediately and not waste any more time. This is very likely Kobe's second to last season ever.
Dfishman

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
"we also gave up 12 offensive rebounds but for 21 second chance points and they shoot 40%...for me thats a great night defensively as a coach." - Mike Brown
:bang:

huh? how would any coach think thats a great defensive night?....

That's one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. Second chance points are EXTRA points, that's not good defense.
XXIV

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:44 pm

The only positive in all this is if Kobe wins a title this year, how can anyone deny his greatest when he won with Mike Brown.
OX1947

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:04 pm

I agree with pulling the trigger quickly if the team struggles early -- like 5 and 10 or something. Management is all in this year -- in terms of money and keeping Dwight.

But who is out there who can take this team? besides Phil. Dantoni? Rambis? JVG? Who? Then we would be developing totally on the fly.

I do hate Brown too.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:07 pm

^ Most of us would be fine with Eddie Jordan running the team over Brown.
XXIV

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Really? Against guys like Pop and Doc?

Then again, Spo and that Dork coaching for the Clips are nothing to write home about...
tigerjeterkobe

Re: Mike Brown appreciation thread

Postby maljanNBAfan on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:17 pm

nameant wrote:I must admit I am growing to like him. At first I wasn't very hopeful and definitely was never shy to bash the guy when he was in Cleveland, but he's proving himself in LA. I feel like he not only knows he has big shoes to fill but he also has the live up to expectations of coaching the best franchise in the NBA. He can no longer coast through and ride LeBron while beating up on mediocre teams, he actually is SUPPOSED to win a title and his effort and enthusiasm seem to show it.

I agree. I used to live in Cleveland and felt like he put too many of his "eggs in one basket" by relying on LBJ to lead the team and bring home each game's victory. However in L.A., he knows that he has to develop more layers to his strategy, and focus on actually coaching and instructing this superior franchise team.
maljanNBAfan

Postby OX1947 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 pm

The only positive in all this is if Kobe wins a title this year, how can anyone deny his greatest when he won with Mike Brown.
OX1947

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Really? Against guys like Pop and Doc?

Then again, Spo and that Dork coaching for the Clips are nothing to write home about...

Lets say we got rid of Mike Brown today, we can't bring in a new coach that would have to implement a new system. It's best to just promote Jordan who used the system back when he was HC, and then maybe we can figure something out in the off season.
XXIV

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Looking at his rotations, that thing he called "offense" last year, the totally predictable and easy to defend isos for Kobe to try to close on dead legs, and the minutes he had Gasol and Kobe playing, I doubt Brown's X and O abilities, and his in-game adjustments.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Neo on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:29 pm

If the Lakers don't make it to the Finals, they'll fire 'PotatoHead' and get Phil for one last run...
Neo

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Brown is in way over his head. This team could be much better with another coach. It is what it is though
Johnnyboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard