Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Re: Mike Brown Discussion: (Brown's last chance?)

Postby Tragic on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:16 pm

khmrP wrote:Brown trying to copy Spolestra "position-less" offense :man10:

One bum coach inspired by another bum coach.
Tragic

Postby VincentTH on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Kevin Ding from the OC Register has an article about Jimmy throwing 100% support behind Brown. Sigh!

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/brown-376839-lakers-bryant.html
VincentTH

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:34 pm

we need a bench. we need guys to come in and do something. every good team has that. a bench has to do more than play D....its about bringing energy and the ability to change a games momentum.

i believe jamison meeks and hill are capable of doing that for us this season...i only hope that mike sees that sooner than later or at least the starters and captains of this team step up and tell him.

we go all those guys for dirt cheap...and theyre worth WAY more than what we paid...they are a career all star scorer, the #1 spot up shooter in the league, and a ridiculously energetic rebounder. PLAY THEM TOGETHER with Nash or Dwight and our bench can perform...

its really not that complicated...i would have figured it out the first preseason game...
Ariza3

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:41 pm

wtf did we sign meeks for? i feel so bad for the dude. sick of mike brown.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Whatthef? on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:56 pm

No wins in the preseason = no bench coaching = no championship :bang:

"Many within NBA circles believe it’s only a matter of time before Brown is fired. Jerry Sloan and Mike D’Antoni are two names that have surfaced as possible replacements for Brown. “Jerry Sloan to L.A. by December 1,” one league source predicted. “Nash and Howard are the new Stockton and Malone. He wants a ring, not to mention the money. He didn’t seriously consider Orlando, Charlotte or Portland [openings] over the summer because he knew Los Angeles would open up.” HoopsWorld "
Whatthef?

Postby karacha on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:00 pm

He does not understand that we are concerned about

1. Rotations

2. Playing people out of position (Ebanks, Blake, Jamison, possibly even Hill)

3. Jodie Meeks

4. Defensive effort

5. Darius Morris

Not the offense
. The offense mixed with few simple plays here and there will be fine.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:11 pm

Over/under 150 pages before Clown gets fired? :man1:
I realy think we can't win it all with Brown as a coach. If Kobe and Steve were 25 i would probably give Mike some more time, now... he needs to GO :bang:
kenzo

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:19 pm

kenzo wrote:Over/under 150 pages before Clown gets fired? :man1:
I realy think we can't win it all with Brown as a coach. If Kobe and Steve were 25 i would probably give Mike some more time, now... he needs to GO :bang:

I'll take way over. I'll put a bet down on that.

If he gets fired before 150 pages, I'll only pictures for a month.

If he doesn't, you've got to keep in your sig for 1 month "therealdeal is the best deal in town".

Deal? :man1:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:26 pm

therealdeal wrote:

If he doesn't, you've got to keep in your sig for 1 month "therealdeal is the best deal in town".

At the rate this topic is going (thanks to Mike doing things dumber than ecpected) this thread will reach 200 pages by the end of next week :man10: That being said, deal :jam2:
kenzo

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm

What bugs me the most about this idiot is that I saw it all coming the day the news broke that the Lakers were interviewing him. He was ridiculed in Cleveland for very similar reasons and yet Jimmy didn't bother to listen to any of it.

I still remember having arguments with that clown Doberman and he was trying to argue Brown had more credentials than Adelman :man10:
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby gill on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Just a painful reminder:

As they say, you can’t pick your family members, or your beat writers. Your GM? Well, that’s different. Adelman badly wanted the Los Angeles Lakers job, and he would’ve been hired had GM Mitch Kupchak not had to defer to Jim Buss’ desire for Mike Brown.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_rick_adelman_twolves_091211

So did Jimmy go behind Mitch's back on this one? No way in hell Daddy Buss and Mitch would agree to this coach with this kind (or lack thereof) of pedigree.

Also shows that they're behind Brown as a "collective soul... 100%" should be questioned.
gill

Postby easyguy on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:57 pm

I think we should all remember that the Lakers is a business to the Buss family. We as fans are their customers. If we voice our displeasure with Brown, they will eventually listen. The good part is that we are not the only one who are questioning why Brown is not fired yet.
easyguy

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:00 pm

I never bought BS that Mitch/Jerry were 100% behind this decision regardless of what was said. Neither one were at the interview, only Jim was. So either Jim sold it on them or they had no choice but to go along with it w/o 1st hand interaction with Brown.
khmrP

Postby gill on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:03 pm

khmrP wrote:I never bought BS that Mitch/Jerry were 100% behind this decision regardless of what was said. Neither one were at the interview, only Jim was. So either Jim sold it on them or they had no choice but to go along with it w/o 1st hand interaction with Brown.

I honestly feel Jimmy hired the Potato right on the spot and then told Mitch after. I don't have any inside info but observing it from the outside, that's what it looks like, to me, on the surface.
gill

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Many said it when Potato Head was first hired, but apparently Jimmy felt going after Adelman would put the team in a similar situation that they had with Phil. I think he made a concerted effort to get a young coach who was the polar opposite of Phil/Ademan which is utterly ridiculous now that we're running a Princeton hybrid.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:18 pm

khmrP wrote:I never bought BS that Mitch/Jerry were 100% behind this decision regardless of what was said. Neither one were at the interview, only Jim was. So either Jim sold it on them or they had no choice but to go along with it w/o 1st hand interaction with Brown.

But it doesn't end there...this is Mitch's comments to Ding 2 months ago:

"He’s got great range. He’s more than an adequate defender. He’s got good size. Great kid. With our team, players who can shoot the ball make it easier for everybody." Meeks, 24, is 6-foot-4 with good strength. With him and Chris Duhon (also praised by Kupchak) joining Steve Blake in the backcourt, it's hard to see playing time for Andrew Goudelock or Darius Morris in the coming Lakers season.

So you know that Mitch and Brown don't see eye to eye on many things. Both Meeks and Duhon are buried when Mitch expected both to crack the immediate rotation....and at the very least, ahead of Morris.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Morris is JImmy's new Bynum.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:24 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:

But it doesn't end there...this is Mitch's comments to Ding 2 months ago:

"He’s got great range. He’s more than an adequate defender. He’s got good size. Great kid. With our team, players who can shoot the ball make it easier for everybody." Meeks, 24, is 6-foot-4 with good strength. With him and Chris Duhon (also praised by Kupchak) joining Steve Blake in the backcourt, it's hard to see playing time for Andrew Goudelock or Darius Morris in the coming Lakers season.

So you know that Mitch and Brown don't see eye to eye on many things. Both Meeks and Duhon are buried when Mitch expected both to crack the immediate rotation....and at the very least, ahead of Morris.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Morris is JImmy's new Bynum.

Maybe Jimmy is gonna hold on to Morris then Bam! Morris for Rosé/Irving swap. :man1:
D.B. Cooper

Postby Alcindor on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:39 pm

gill wrote:

I honestly feel Jimmy hired the Potato right on the spot and then told Mitch after. I don't have any inside info but observing it from the outside, that's what it looks like, to me, on the surface.

I'd give good money to see the presentation Brown originally put on for Jim. it might be educational from a sales point of view. Then again, part of me thinks it went something like this:

Alcindor

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:40 pm

kenzo wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

At the rate this topic is going (thanks to Mike doing things dumber than ecpected) this thread will reach 200 pages by the end of next week :man10: That being said, deal :jam2:

:man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby escobar8 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:00 pm

i think i am gona celebrate more when brown gets fired then when lakers won last ring against boston...
escobar8

Postby gill on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:09 pm

mwp... 5 minutes at SG... lead balloons to 14... :bow:
gill

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:15 pm

How come nobody else is calling out MB on his pathetic rotations? On TV I mean, not here.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby XXIV on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:16 pm

The Original 81 wrote:How come nobody else is calling out MB on his pathetic rotations? On TV I mean, not here.

ESPN is anti-Lakers so they're trying to help MB out.
XXIV

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Anyone thinking Brown shouldn't be fired by now is just blind. His mistakes are CRYSTAL clear, mainly because he does the opposite of what anyone with sense would do.
If he isn't fired I don't know if we're even making the playoffs.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby GNC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:17 pm

He has single handedly ruined this team. I had more fun watching us during our days when we lost to the Suns. That is some crazy stuff. This is an all time low. :disagree:
GNC

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard