Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Re: Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:20 pm

I agree. I think Mitch and Jim wanted to wait a little more but Dr. Buss said do it now. :jam2: Bring in D'Antoni and bring back showtime
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:22 pm

lay that hammer down on your incompetent son Dr. Buss :bow:
Last edited by khmrP on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Ariza3 wrote:I agree. I think Mitch and Jim wanted to wait a little more but Dr. Buss said do it now. :jam2: Bring in D'Antoni and bring back showtime

Doc knows when to fold 'em and hit 'em back. :bow:
gill

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:23 pm

nthydro wrote:
BigDan24 wrote:Not sure if posted yet but according to David Aldrige the firing of Brown came straight from Dr.Buss himself and not from Jim and/or Mitch:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/11/09/mike-brown-fired-as-lakers-coach/

That's exactly what I was thinking. It didn't seem like Mitch or Jim. Only one left is Jerry Buss. We all know he's still the boss no matter what :man1:

LOL!!!!

Dr Buss just finally got around to checking out how his Lakers were doing....Brown was probably fired before he even finished his morning coffee
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby nthydro on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
nthydro wrote:
BigDan24 wrote:Not sure if posted yet but according to David Aldrige the firing of Brown came straight from Dr.Buss himself and not from Jim and/or Mitch:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/11/09/mike-brown-fired-as-lakers-coach/

That's exactly what I was thinking. It didn't seem like Mitch or Jim. Only one left is Jerry Buss. We all know he's still the boss no matter what :man1:

LOL!!!!

Dr Buss just finally got around to checking out how his Lakers were doing....Brown was probably fired before he even finished his morning coffee

Jerry Buss: "Playtime is over Jimmy. Time to hand daddy back the Xbox controller."
nthydro

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Here's the full article about what Poo-poovich said:

Calling the Lakers’ dismissal of Mike Brown after just five games “premature.” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich made it clear he still believes in Brown, a former Spurs assistant, as an NBA head coach.

“Each team does what it thinks is best for the organization,” Popovich said. “They have reasons why they did it, I’m sure. But from the outside, looking in, it certainly does seem like he never had a chance to put the team together.

“I think that’s pretty obvious to anybody who just looks at the situation, so whatever their reasons were are their reasons. We know how volatile this business is.”

Popovich hired Brown as an assistant in 2000 and made him the coach of the Spurs summer League teams because he saw his potential to some day be an NBA coach. Brown left the Spurs to become assistant head coach of the Pacers, under Rick Carlisle, after the Spurs won the 2003 NBA title. He became head coach of the Cavaliers in 2005 and coached them into the 2007 NBA Finals against the Spurs. He was named NBA Coach of the Year after the 2008-09 season.

Fired by the Cavaliers after the 2009-10 season, Brown was hired as head coach of the Lakers before the 2011-12 season.

“Mike’s not just a good friend but he’s a hell of a coach and it certainly is sad when there really wasn’t a chance to put it together there,” Popovich said. “It’s quite premature, it would seem, to any logical and objective observer.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/11/09/popovich-brown-firing-was-premature-he-never-had-a-chance-to-put-the-team-together/

What a chump. He takes a jab at the best organization in sports basically saying that the front office has no idea what it is doing. I hope the Lakers meet the Spurs in the playoffs and knock them out! I can't stand pock face!
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby BDG on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Meh, Popovich is just emotional because that's his boy. Not really mad at him.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Jerry Buss- Rolls out of bed amidst 5 beautiful women. Sighs. Stretches. Gets up and goes to the bathroom. He leans back and sighs again as he pees with the door open.

Cut to him getting dressed, taking his time while the women all sleep comfortably behind him.

He opens the door to his room as the butler brings in his breakfast and a newspaper. He sits down on his couch overlooking the city, opens the paper, and pauses as he brings a bite of scrambled eggs to his mouth. He reads "Lakers fall to Utah","Metta World Peace backup SG", and "Jodie Meeks DNP-CD".

He calmly picks up his phone, presses #6 and the send button. The call is picked up immediately,"Yes, father?"

Jerry-"Get him the f*** off of my team." And he hangs up.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 pm

It wasn't just 5 games, the 0-8 pre-season was meaningless by itself but when you combine it with the fact that the Lakers have shown zero improvement since Day 1 and that the players aren't grasping the offense you don't have a choice. The Lakers were decisive with this one because they knew how dangerous it could have gotten to fire Brown once they were 8-12. Sure they could have turned it around like Mitch said, but that's a huge gamble on a team that doesn't have the luxury of time.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby jOeyB7000 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:41 pm

BDG wrote:Meh, Popovich is just emotional because that's his boy. Not really mad at him.

Yeah IMO it just looks like he's sticking up for his boy.
jOeyB7000

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 pm

what else is pop gonna say? "oh yea hes a horrible coach and they made the right decision by firing him now instead of waiting until theyre clawing to get into the playoffs"
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby D.B. Cooper on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Crater face should of answered with "I'm not in a position to speak about the Lakers because I don't know everything that goes on in their lockeroom, all I can comment about is the Spurs and our next opponent".
D.B. Cooper

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:47 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:what else is pop gonna say? "oh yea hes a horrible coach and they made the right decision by firing him now instead of waiting until theyre clawing to get into the playoffs"

No but he takes a swipe at the Lakers org and this has is the same drivel that BSPN was spouting, i.e., "Brown wasn't given a chance to put a team together", "it's not logical", "it's premature", blah blah blah. Yes Pop could say that Brown is good coach and that he feels bad but read the last sentence ... he basically calls the Lakers brass illogical and not reasonable by stating the move was premature.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:Here's the full article about what Poo-poovich said:

Calling the Lakers’ dismissal of Mike Brown after just five games “premature.” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich made it clear he still believes in Brown, a former Spurs assistant, as an NBA head coach.

“Each team does what it thinks is best for the organization,” Popovich said. “They have reasons why they did it, I’m sure. But from the outside, looking in, it certainly does seem like he never had a chance to put the team together.

“I think that’s pretty obvious to anybody who just looks at the situation, so whatever their reasons were are their reasons. We know how volatile this business is.”

Popovich hired Brown as an assistant in 2000 and made him the coach of the Spurs summer League teams because he saw his potential to some day be an NBA coach. Brown left the Spurs to become assistant head coach of the Pacers, under Rick Carlisle, after the Spurs won the 2003 NBA title. He became head coach of the Cavaliers in 2005 and coached them into the 2007 NBA Finals against the Spurs. He was named NBA Coach of the Year after the 2008-09 season.

Fired by the Cavaliers after the 2009-10 season, Brown was hired as head coach of the Lakers before the 2011-12 season.

“Mike’s not just a good friend but he’s a hell of a coach and it certainly is sad when there really wasn’t a chance to put it together there,” Popovich said. “It’s quite premature, it would seem, to any logical and objective observer.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/11/09/popovich-brown-firing-was-premature-he-never-had-a-chance-to-put-the-team-together/

What a chump. He takes a jab at the best organization in sports basically saying that the front office has no idea what it is doing. I hope the Lakers meet the Spurs in the playoffs and knock them out! I can't stand pock face!

So Pop is a chump for having a different opinion than you? :man10:

Lakers fans man.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Brown was certainly given a chance, he just completely blew it. Popovich knows it too, he's just in denial.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

Lakers fans man.

What are you talking about? Did I ever say he was a chump because he had a different opinion than me? How 'bout he shows some class and stays out of it by just praising his friend and expressing empathy rather than take veiled swipes at an organization that is one of the most successful in all of professional sports. It's the same crap BSPN was doing ... everyone seems to have an opinion on that.

Big Mamma Jamma

Postby gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:00 pm

gill

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

Lakers fans man.

What are you talking about? Did I ever say he was a chump because he had a different opinion than me? How 'bout he shows some class and stays out of it by just praising his friend and expressing empathy rather than take veiled swipes at an organization that is one of the most successful in all of professional sports. It's the same crap BSPN was doing ... everyone seems to have an opinion on that.

Dude you shouldn't even have dignified that with a response. Probably the worst anaylysis of a post I've seen in my 6 years on this site.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby purp n gold on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm

wait wait wait... so you're telling me Texas Lakers Fan [aka KeepBynum] wanted to keep Brown & Bynum?

There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

Lakers fans man.

There's nothing wrong with what Popvich said. He gave his opinion on the firing of Brown and that's it. Everyone is allowed to have one. I don't see how that is taking a jab at the Lakers franchise. He doesn't think the firing of Brown was the right choice so what?
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Kubbas on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:08 pm

:phil1:

Alvin Gentry wrote:"Was that Kobe or was that Michael?"
"We played the best player in basketball. I don't think its even close."
Kubbas

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:09 pm

purp n gold wrote:wait wait wait... so you're telling me Texas Lakers Fan [aka KeepBynum] wanted to keep Brown & Bynum?

Cool story bro. I've already stated I'm perfectly fine with the trade for Howard. As for Brown if we don't get Phil or Sloan and we hire someone like Pringles than I don't agree with the move. If we get one of those guys I mentioned to be the coach than I'm fine with it.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:10 pm

therealdeal wrote:Jerry Buss- Rolls out of bed amidst 5 beautiful women. Sighs. Stretches. Gets up and goes to the bathroom. He leans back and sighs again as he pees with the door open.

Cut to him getting dressed, taking his time while the women all sleep comfortably behind him.

He opens the door to his room as the butler brings in his breakfast and a newspaper. He sits down on his couch overlooking the city, opens the paper, and pauses as he brings a bite of scrambled eggs to his mouth. He reads "Lakers fall to Utah","Metta World Peace backup SG", and "Jodie Meeks DNP-CD".

He calmly picks up his phone, presses #6 and the send button. The call is picked up immediately,"Yes, father?"

Jerry-"Get him the f*** off of my team." And he hangs up.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

:bow: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Awesome, realdeal!! Man, I am the happiest freaking camper in the world right now!! Jerry OBVIOUSLY said enough is enough with this garbage. Now this time around, I hope the decision making is made by Jerry and Mitch. Jimbo is the strikeout king when it's come down to coaching hires. He just cost the family a boatload of money, once again!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
purp n gold wrote:wait wait wait... so you're telling me Texas Lakers Fan [aka KeepBynum] wanted to keep Brown & Bynum?

Cool story bro. I've already stated I'm perfectly fine with the trade for Howard. As for Brown if we don't get Phil or Sloan and we hire someone like Pringles than I don't agree with the move. If we get one of those guys I mentioned to be the coach than I'm fine with it.

"THE LAKERS MUST STAY THE COURSE"
gill

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:14 pm

jjin28 wrote:a little bit ago on 710, they were talking of the top 5 candidates and one of the candidates brought up were Nate McMillan. The other host was like, "Yea, I always liked Nate, especially ever since he helped that little girl sing the national anthem", and the other host was like, "yea, class act".

How do these guys get jobs as "sports experts"? That was Mo Cheeks.
Idiots.

^^ Totally, I was driving and heard that. Same idiots who are pimping Mike D' Antoni OVER Phil and Sloan. They are acting like morons right now - either that or Ireland is just being a yes guy employee to the Lakers and trying to push this if they already have D' Antoni in mind. That's my big worry. D' Antoni is better than Brown but we'd be trading one-dimensional coaches, just on the opposite ends. An offensive only coach versus a defensive only coach. I don't want.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard