Mike Brown FIRED!!! (pg 126 via USA TODAY)

Re: Mike Brown appreciation thread

Postby DHL on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:35 am

do you guys realize the lakers have had almost zero practice time?
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:44 am

Lakeshow24 wrote:^Unfortunately, while everybody seems to think the Lakers are a lock for the WCF, I believe this team has a tons more work to do. Give the ball to Kobe and let him score seems like the best option right now because not only is he hot, he's the only player we have who can create anything off the dribble. Darius Morris is next, but he's an inexperienced rookie. With our personnel we pretty much have no choice.

Mitch has some work to do. Get us another veteran player who can create off the dribble to relieve the pressure on the Black Mamba!

Like who?

Everyone has the Clippers and Thunder over us.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Lakeshow24 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:11 am

lakers_09tv wrote:
Lakeshow24 wrote:^Unfortunately, while everybody seems to think the Lakers are a lock for the WCF, I believe this team has a tons more work to do. Give the ball to Kobe and let him score seems like the best option right now because not only is he hot, he's the only player we have who can create anything off the dribble. Darius Morris is next, but he's an inexperienced rookie. With our personnel we pretty much have no choice.

Mitch has some work to do. Get us another veteran player who can create off the dribble to relieve the pressure on the Black Mamba!

Like who?

Everyone has the Clippers and Thunder over us.

Lots of overly optimistic posts here. There's no way the Lakers as constructed right now are going to get deep. They need a ballhandler, I don't care if he's a PG, SG, or SF or combo guard. Somebody needs to be able to handle the rock and create a shot. Morris looks like he can, but he's too young. Everybody else is terrible at it. Awful. Embarrassingly bad at it. And if we're just going to expect Kobe to do it all, it won't win a 7 game series. Especially when we aren't dead eye shooters from 3 land or midrange for that matter.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby earvinfr on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:14 am

How many games did we lost before the 4th quarter ? none

Last year we had several games where we couldn't even compete in the 4th. I've to admit we're not great but there's much more care than last year. Do you remember our 2nd quarters last year ?

The heavy schedule didn't give this team any time to practice. I expect us to find our offensive rythm after the AS break.
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby checkers09 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:44 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Dude went PSYCHO today when Blake decided to act like a little b****. Gotta say I loved Brown's reaction.

That was crazy and I was surprised by his reaction. I loved it.

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:20 pm

^ Count me in there.

But his rotations still aren't great.

I would try not to play McRoberts with Drew ever. They're redundant rebounding the ball. They ended up fighting over a few last night resulting in neither of them getting it. The rotation should be McRoberts with Pau and Murphy with Bynum.

Murphy spaces the floor so if they want to double Drew, they have to go across the court. Bynum gets his space to operate down low.

McRoberts is a rebounder and hustler, something Pau simply isn't. Pau can do whatever he needs to do, whether it's down low or mid-range, and McRoberts can handle the rebounding duties.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:05 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Funny how nobody blames him for the total lack of offensive plan ...

I've seen it plenty on the boards, actually.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lotus on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:34 pm

trodgers wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Funny how nobody blames him for the total lack of offensive plan ...

I've seen it plenty on the boards, actually.

He'll get blamed for everything as soon as they go on a losing streak.
lotus

Postby artuditu on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:04 am

A total disaster against Miami and Orlando. Actually against Miami I saw some good intentions in the first half, a fluid offense with everyone moving and a tough inside defense, yet perimeter defense was non existing at all, Miami got a ridiculous 70-80% from the 3 line in that first half. Against Orlando everything was ugly, no offense at all, and worse defense, it just didn't look as a profesional team.

I guess Mike Brown when signing expected to manage an already great team with possible reinforcements, but without Odom and some minor acquisitions, this team looks now a shadow of itself.
artuditu

Postby odom1year on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:46 am

Honestly, Mike Brown is lazy as a coach, especailly on the court.
odom1year

Postby KB24 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:16 am

^are you drunk? the guy might be a lot but he is not lazy.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby trodgers on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:20 am

I'm hearing a bit less about his personnel decisions. Does that mean he has workd out the issues and it's okay now? So, that's good. The new biggest complaint is that we have no offensive scheme. It's a problem that isn't new, but it's newly the biggest. I agree that we haven't had much time to work on the O, but I'm not even seeing a semblance of a scheme. I think we were very effective when Kobe was creating last game. Anyone else seeing anything differently?
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby kray28 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 am

I think there is an "offensive scheme"...is supposed to be called the "Strong Corner Offense".

Only thing is, what little of it has been taught, fits our personnel worse than OJ's glove. When it fails to produce, they basically revert to the "Give Kobe the ball and see what he can do" Offense.

Basically they should call it the "Fixing What Ain't Broke" Offense or the "Let's Reinvent the Wheel" Offense.
kray28

Postby trodgers on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:39 am

Indeed. The Strong Corner seems to need a few things:

1. Spacing
2. Hustling bigs
3. Shooters

Relying on our bigs to be that line of defense that they're doing so well seems to really put them in a tough spot. It's not easy for anyone to sprint (repeatedly) baseline to baseline, much less a big.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby borri on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:35 am

You know there's some personnel issues for our offense when we are using Pau as a jumpshooter to space the floor for Drew.....YIKES!

Teams don't even bother to guard Fish anymore. As such, everytime Kobe or Drew touch the ball....a cascade of double teams arrive.
borri

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:52 pm

janis carr @janiscarr 4h Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Mike Brown called each player into his office Sat. to discuss their play. Sort of like being called into the principal's office.
Retweeted by KEVIN DING

Can't imagine how this went....

Kobe - If only you could pass it to yourself more often, my offense would look a whole lot better.
Bynum - 50% is a good FG percentage, not free throw percentage.
Pau - Stop screaming when you shoot, I can't hear myself think.
Barnes - Here's a list of players I hate....take em out
Fisher - You're bald,I'm bald, I'm a coach, you're old enough to be my kids grandpa.Take the hint & GTFO
MWP - Every time you shoot a 3, God kills a kitten.
Morris - You look like Kobe with an afro...end of comparisons with Kobe.
Goudelock - You just traveled walking into my office, go away.
Mcbobs - Get with Barnes work on that list I gave him...
Murphy - It's a good thing your jumpshot looks better than your face.
Blake - Good thing you are hurt, I almost had to start putting offensive sets in our offense.
Kapono - You had twins, but I prefer triplets
Ebanks - Heads you start, tails you get a DNP-CD.
Caracter - Go to IHOP and have a smoke and a pancake.
Walton - You ever been to ClubLakers and seen your appreciation thread?? Get with Fisher and take the hint..
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kenzo on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:02 pm

^ ROTFL. :bow:
kenzo

Postby XXIV on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 pm

^^ :man10: :bow:
XXIV

Postby John3:16 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Doc Brown wrote:MWP - Every time you shoot a 3, God kills a kitten.
Walton - You ever been to ClubLakers and seen your appreciation thread?? Get with Fisher and take the hint..

These were my faves. Nice job. :bow:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby ISM ELIAS on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
janis carr @janiscarr 4h Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Mike Brown called each player into his office Sat. to discuss their play. Sort of like being called into the principal's office.
Retweeted by KEVIN DING

Can't imagine how this went....

Kobe - If only you could pass it to yourself more often, my offense would look a whole lot better.
Bynum - 50% is a good FG percentage, not free throw percentage.
Pau - Stop screaming when you shoot, I can't hear myself think.
Barnes - Here's a list of players I hate....take em out
Fisher - You're bald,I'm bald, I'm a coach, you're old enough to be my kids grandpa.Take the hint & GTFO
MWP - Every time you shoot a 3, God kills a kitten.
Murphy - It's a good thing your jumpshot looks better than your face.
Blake - Good thing you are hurt, I almost had to start putting offensive sets in our offense.
Kapono - You had twins, but I prefer triplets
Caracter - Go to IHOP and have a smoke and a pancake.

Epic :man10:
ISM ELIAS

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:16 am

We were on 17-8 run and had a 73-68 lead with 3:30 left in the third . What does Mike Brown can do for you ? Take both Pau and Bynum out , put the whole second unit with Kobe on the floor and let Indiana close the quarter on a 9-5 run.

I thought these rotations were a huge momentum killer
wcsoldier81

Postby JohnnyComeLately on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 am

Doc Brown wrote:Barnes - Here's a list of players I hate....take em out

:man10: :bow: :jam2:
JohnnyComeLately

Location: Somewhere out there in between the moon and the sea.

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:26 pm

I know the season is young but our current complaints of Brown sound EXACTLY the same as Clev fans especially his last year when they had Shaq/Jamison.
khmrP

Postby LakerFan1235 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:12 pm

So basically, Mike Brown should be a co- head coach. He can run the defense, and then we can get a coach who knows how to run a god damn offense.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby The Rock on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 pm

How about we actually give him personnel to run an offense with? Fisher is 37 years old, Barnes has always had shaky 3% shooting, Blake is our best 3 point shotoer and he's out, Kapono is a bench player who couldn't even get mins in Philly, Murphy is struggling I think he'll come around, Ebanks, Morris and G-lock dont have experience. You have so many holes in your personnel with the reality of not being capable of being productive, so how do you expect an offense to do well? Bynum is not some dominant player, he's good. (Thats like saying Monta Ellis is the 3rd best SG in the league...its true but the dropoff from Kobe/Wade to Monta is significant and thats the same gap between DH and Bynum).

Pau and Kobe look like the best is behind them even though they're still elite at their positions. You need more firepower. Nuff said. The lowest PPG average of our team since we moved to Los Angeles is 98 and we're averaging 92 points per game right now with Kobe averaging 30 a game for the 1st time in 5 years. Give our big 3 some talent to work with please, even JVG emphasized this again and again during the ORL/LAL game. Outside of Kobe you dont have alternative shot creators/play makers on the team so how do you expect them to have a crisp offense?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard