CJ Miles drawing interest from Lakers (signing w/Cavs)

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby SK8 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Get Meeks
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Alcindor wrote:
therealdeal wrote:If he signs for the mini-MLE then the Howard saga is ending for the Lakers this off-season. They've said all summer long they're not spending that until they know how things shake out otherwise.

And if they end up using it on Miles isn't that kind of a slap in the face for Jamison? He's clearly worth that money and we didn't give it to him.

I doubt Miles signs here for anything more than the vet. min.


True but with Jamison, he's old and has made plenty of paper. Youth are always looking out for the wallet and rightfully so. If we can get younger it will take money because trying to do that through the draft has been difficult for us.

Our youth in the draft hasn't come too hard, we just don't usually use our draft picks. We've drafted Farmar, Vujacic, Bynum, Gasol, and even Wafer and Turiaf. All of those guys are young prospects that helped contribute to teams.

But that's beside the point. With Miles, he's struggled from the field the last couple of seasons and last year was one of his worst if I recall. He hasn't earned mini-MLE money from anyone. No reason to overpay if we don't have to.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40314
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:45 pm

Blake
Meeks
Miles
Jamison
Hill

Would be a big upgrade on the bench. Especially when any of those 5 are on the floor with Nash, Kobe, Gasol, or Bynum. Having Miles and Ron to work KD, Bron, Gay, and other decent 3s is great. Too bad neither can shoot to help space the floor.

Jason Richardson (coming with Dwight) would be better for the offense -- though painful on the lux tax.
tigerjeterkobe

 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: Buffalo

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:47 pm

therealdeal wrote:That's what I was getting at. Ending didn't necessarily mean we weren't getting Dwight, only that the saga came to a conclusion.

If we're getting Miles, I'm guessing Ebanks or Eyenga is out, probably not both.


Ok, now I see where you are coming from and I agree.

A bench of Meeks / Miles / Jamison / Hill......

Image

Hell I wouldn't care if Morris stepped into that group and Blake got moved in the D12 deal. Those 4 would carry whoever the backup PG was running the show IMO.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:48 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Blake
Meeks
Miles
Jamison
Hill

Would be a big upgrade on the bench. Especially when any of those 5 are on the floor with Nash, Kobe, Gasol, or Bynum. Having Miles and Ron to work KD, Bron, Gay, and other decent 3s is great. Too bad neither can shoot to help space the floor.

Jason Richardson (coming with Dwight) would be better for the offense -- though painful on the lux tax.

Blake
Miles
Richardson
Jamison
Hill

That's pretty much good enough to go toe to toe with the Bobcats or the Pistons. Maybe the Kings.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40314
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:49 pm

Can he play the 2, if for whatever reason we strike out on Meeks?
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby revgen on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:50 pm

GoldHammish wrote:Can he play the 2, if for whatever reason we strike out on Meeks?


He has the size for a 2-guard, but his FG% is awful, and that was despite playing with Deron Williams.

At least Meeks can shoot from distance.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21726
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:51 pm

revgen wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:Can he play the 2, if for whatever reason we strike out on Meeks?


He has the size for a 2-guard, but his FG% is awful, and that was despite playing with Deron Williams.

He didn't play with D-Will last season.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby live and die in LA on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Just because we might be using the mini MLE on him, doesn't mean we are using the full amount. He would be a solid addition 2 million or under.
User avatar
live and die in LA

 
Posts: 4842
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:23 pm

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby revgen on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:52 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
revgen wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:Can he play the 2, if for whatever reason we strike out on Meeks?


He has the size for a 2-guard, but his FG% is awful, and that was despite playing with Deron Williams.

He didn't play with D-Will last season.


I'm not talking about last season. I'm talking about his entire career.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21726
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:57 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
therealdeal wrote:That's what I was getting at. Ending didn't necessarily mean we weren't getting Dwight, only that the saga came to a conclusion.

If we're getting Miles, I'm guessing Ebanks or Eyenga is out, probably not both.


Ok, now I see where you are coming from and I agree.

A bench of Meeks / Miles / Jamison / Hill......

Image

Hell I wouldn't care if Morris stepped into that group and Blake got moved in the D12 deal. Those 4 would carry whoever the backup PG was running the show IMO.

I definitely agree, that's about as quacktastic as we could ask for.

Athletic, fast, scorers, defenders... I like that bench a lot. Even with Morris, all that would mean is speeding up the tempo of the bench guys.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40314
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:03 pm

i like miles more than ebanks. and i like meeks more than goudelock
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby Damian Necronamous on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:07 pm

We're only going to sign one of Meeks/Miles. I probably like Miles more, just because he's a better defender, can play the 2 or 3 and is more of a natural scorer.

He'd be a very good pickup.
Damian Necronamous

 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:35 pm

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Does anybody remember the game this guy had against us in Utah when Mike Brown was ejected?

DO WANT :jam2:
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby Alcindor on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:18 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Alcindor wrote:
therealdeal wrote:If he signs for the mini-MLE then the Howard saga is ending for the Lakers this off-season. They've said all summer long they're not spending that until they know how things shake out otherwise.

And if they end up using it on Miles isn't that kind of a slap in the face for Jamison? He's clearly worth that money and we didn't give it to him.

I doubt Miles signs here for anything more than the vet. min.


True but with Jamison, he's old and has made plenty of paper. Youth are always looking out for the wallet and rightfully so. If we can get younger it will take money because trying to do that through the draft has been difficult for us.

Our youth in the draft hasn't come too hard, we just don't usually use our draft picks. We've drafted Farmar, Vujacic, Bynum, Gasol, and even Wafer and Turiaf. All of those guys are young prospects that helped contribute to teams.

But that's beside the point. With Miles, he's struggled from the field the last couple of seasons and last year was one of his worst if I recall. He hasn't earned mini-MLE money from anyone. No reason to overpay if we don't have to.


His last deal was 4 years, 14.8 million which is a little over mini-MLE money, whether he's worth it, or earned it, might be another matter. That's basically 6mil this year and 10 mil the following taking into account the tax hits which is an awful lot for a guy with his numbers. But I do think there is an anticipated hole at SF coming sooner or later for us to be talking to him.
Last edited by Alcindor on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Alcindor

 
Posts: 1829
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: North Hollywood

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:19 pm

Punk-101 wrote:Don't google image CJ Miles with your safe search off. :man13:


Image
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
User avatar
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 13091
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:35 pm
Location: http://twitter.com/hosesway

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby Helljumper on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:21 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Does anybody remember the game this guy had against us in Utah when Mike Brown was ejected?

DO WANT :jam2:


7 points on 3 for 9 shooting? :man3:
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:22 pm

Damian Necronamous wrote:We're only going to sign one of Meeks/Miles.

According to?
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Helljumper wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Does anybody remember the game this guy had against us in Utah when Mike Brown was ejected?

DO WANT :jam2:


7 points on 3 for 9 shooting? :man3:


The impact he had on D and he was the reason why the went from like a 5 point lead back to 11, that stretch lead to the mike brown ejection.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby Aonex on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Punk-101 wrote:Don't google image CJ Miles with your safe search off. :man13:


:man10: :man10:
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
User avatar
Aonex

 
Posts: 5425
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:04 pm
Location: NYC

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:25 pm

GoldHammish wrote:
Damian Necronamous wrote:We're only going to sign one of Meeks/Miles.

According to?


Image
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:29 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:
Damian Necronamous wrote:We're only going to sign one of Meeks/Miles.

According to?


Image

Until I hear it from Jeffy G himself, I'm not buying it!
User avatar
GoldHammish

 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:31 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:Don't google image CJ Miles with your safe search off. :man13:


Image


Um... sign her..ur.. him :man1:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30553
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:42 pm

Miles>>>>Meeks, and it ain't even close. His defense alone gives him the edge.


DO IT MITCH!!!!
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
User avatar
CarolinaLakerFan

 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:49 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby Helljumper on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:49 pm

We need a shooter more than we need an athletic defender. I'd rather have Meeks. But if it's possible to get both of them, we'd have a pretty legit bench.
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.