CJ Miles drawing interest from Lakers (signing w/Cavs)

Re: CJ Miles drawing serious interest from the Lakers

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Helljumper wrote:We need a shooter more than we need an athletic defender. I'd rather have Meeks. But if it's possible to get both of them, we'd have a pretty legit bench.

This is what I hope. I'd feel real confident in our bench of we nab miles and meeks
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Helljumper wrote:We need a shooter more than we need an athletic defender. I'd rather have Meeks. But if it's possible to get both of them, we'd have a pretty legit bench.

James Harden, doesn't hurt to have a guy that can check harden off the bench....I'm pretty sure Meeks would get tourched on the regular if he were to match up against Harden.
khmrP

Postby revgen on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:01 pm

Meeks can do both, but he has made awkward statements that sound like he isn't happy with the idea of being just a role player.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Damian Necronamous on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Maybe we can S&T Goudelock and some of our other crap (Morris) for Miles?

I'm just throwin ideas out there - I don't see how we'd offer him the MMLE since we didn't give it to Jamison, and I don't see CJ taking the minimum.
Damian Necronamous

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:16 pm

revgen wrote:

Meeks can do both, but he has made awkward statements that sound like he isn't happy with the idea of being just a role player.

I dont see any stats or proof to suggest Meeks is a good defender, just another undersized 2 and considering his shooting % overall, I find it questionnable that he has the "shooter" tag associated with him as well.
khmrP

Postby last stand on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:21 pm

khmrP wrote:

James Harden, doesn't hurt to have a guy that can check harden off the bench....I'm pretty sure Meeks would get tourched on the regular if he were to match up against Harden.

Getting length and athleticism on harden should be very welcome
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:22 pm

khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:

I dont see any stats or proof to suggest Meeks is a good defender, just another undersized 2 and considering his shooting % overall, I find it questionnable that he has the "shooter" tag associated with him as well.

Meeks is definitely a shooter.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:29 pm

^^^that moniker is seems to be placed on anyone who "Shoots" alot from the perimiter rather than taking into acct the fg %....
khmrP

Postby Barnstable on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:36 pm

Miles would be a great addition to our bench. I don't know what happened last year, but the guy could score at a solid clip, and defend pretty well last time I noticed him.

I'd rather have Miles than Meeks off the bench personally, but if we could somehow get both, we need to carve Mitches head into the hillside next to the Hollywood sign.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:38 pm

id take either. one way you get young offensive talent and a 3 point threat. the other way you get a defensive presence and average offensive player.

id take either to back up kobe. as long as its one of them backing him up i have no preference.

one brings you offense off the bench and the other defense. but if i had to pick one (meaning theres 100% no chance we'll sign both) than id pick meeks only bc our bench needs scoring and spark. although i like the idea that miles comes in and guards harden as our counter.
Ariza3

Postby Center Court on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Hill/Sacre
Jamison/McRoberts
Miles/Ebanks
Meeks/gl0ck
Blake/Morris/DJO

that's 16... I don't think the lakers want to carry more than needed, which is probably 13. Maybe they'll be looking to move Ebanks and gl0ck for Dwight
Center Court

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:44 pm

Center Court wrote:Hill/Sacre
Jamison/McRoberts
Miles/Ebanks
Meeks/gl0ck
Blake/Morris/DJO

that's 16... I don't think the lakers want to carry more than needed, which is probably 13. Maybe they'll be looking to move Ebanks and gl0ck for Dwight

Ebanks has yet to sign officially, nor are Sacre/Odom guaranteed roster spots.
GoldHammish

Postby revgen on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:45 pm

khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:

According to 82games, he holds opposing SG's to 8.5 PER.

Nobody on his team except Iguadola holds his opponents to such a low PER.

The previous season (2010-2011), he held opposing SG's to 11.5 PER.

The only season in which he allowed opposing SG's to have more than 15 PER was his rookie season (2009-2010).

He's a pretty damn good defender, and has improved his defense every season he's been in the league.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:49 pm

GoldHammish wrote:
Center Court wrote:Hill/Sacre
Jamison/McRoberts
Miles/Ebanks
Meeks/gl0ck
Blake/Morris/DJO

Ebanks has yet to sign officially, nor are Sacre/Odom guaranteed roster spots.

This. And you're missing Eyenga.

Blake/Morris
Goudelock
Ebanks/Eyenga
Jamison/McRoberts
Hill

Those are the guys currently under contract. That's 13 with the starting lineup. Add in the rookies and that's 15.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:12 pm

revgen wrote:
khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:

The only season in which he allowed opposing SG's to have more than 15 PER was his rookie season (2009-2010).

He's a pretty damn good defender, and has improved his defense every season he's been in the league.

so with said stats, can I expect Meeks to do that to the likes of Manu/Hardens of the West?
khmrP

Postby revgen on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:15 pm

khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:
khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:

so with said stats, can I expect Meeks to do that to the likes of Manu/Hardens of the West?

I don't expect Meeks to hold Manu or Harden to 8.5 PER.

But if you're asking if he'll defend them well, then I'd say yes, he'll defend them as well as any SG we can get on the market below $2 million a year.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby cthroatgtr on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:22 pm

CJ was a better shooter before Deron left. I suspect his percentage dropped with no PG to pass him the ball. He would be a good pickup if they can't get Meeks.
cthroatgtr

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Report: C.J. Miles considering Lakers' offer
By Elliott Teaford on July 31, 2012 7:09 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | ShareThis
Tomorrow's story tonight ...

The Lakers would get deeper and more experienced on the wing if free agent C.J. Miles decides to sign with them this week. He is considering their offer of a one- or two-season contract worth $3 million per year, according to a report Tuesday.

Miles, a 6-foot-6, 222-pound small forward, has drawn serious interest from the Lakers, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. The newspaper, citing an unnamed source, said the former Utah Jazz player could make his decision in the next two to three days.

Miles, an unrestricted free agent, also has met with the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Dallas Mavericks since free agency began July 1, according to our sister paper. In addition, several unnamed teams have offered the Jazz sign-and-trade deals for Miles.

Metta World Peace has started at small forward for the last three seasons for the Lakers, with Matt Barnes serving as his backup for the last two. The Lakers decided against re-signing Barnes, leaving an opening.

Last month, the Lakers signed veteran Antawn Jamison, who can play either forward position, to a one-season deal. They also signed power forward Jordan Hill to a two-year contract to play behind Pau Gasol.

The 25-year-old Miles averaged 8.4 points and 2.2 rebounds in 389 games, including 159 starts, since the Jazz drafted him 34th overall in 2005. He averaged 9.1 points and 2.1 rebounds in 56 games (14 starts) last season with Utah.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Laker Link on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:34 pm

Would you get Miles and Meeks. Or would you choose 1 of them?
The Laker Link

Postby Weezy on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:35 pm

I'd love to add CJ Miles, he's about as good as we can afford at the position for a backup. IMO it would really, really help our bench depth, he's a solid player.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Dratini927 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:37 pm

We need some more young blood on this team that has some experience. Miles or Meeks (or both) would help out tremendously. Anything is better than the bench we have right now (except with the addition of Jamison).
Matt the Drat

Dratini927

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:39 pm

The Laker Link wrote:Would you get Miles and Meeks. Or would you choose 1 of them?

Miless because he's a solid defender.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:43 pm

I'd take Miles for sure as a back-up 3, but part of me still cannot understand why we aren't trying to land Delfino. Accomplished longball shooter, hustler, good in transition... perfect role player for this team.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:45 pm

khmrP wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:Miles can't shoot at all, can he?

based on his fg % doesn't appear he can shoot well but couldn't be any worse than Barnes.

Last couple years, CJ's FG percentage went down since Deron was traded to the Nets. I guess he plays better when he has a true point guard. Nash can help him get his shooting touch back.
Kobe8Fan

Postby Finwë on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:I'd take Miles for sure as a back-up 3, but part of me still cannot understand why we aren't trying to land Delfino. Accomplished longball shooter, hustler, good in transition... perfect role player for this team.

His health is kinda suspect.. Also, I think they are looking for younger guys that are more athletic (Ebanks could be gone in a trade.. We'd have no athleticism off the bench -unless you count DJO.)
Having said that, I too think Delfino would fit well. I would love him to sign with us.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard