We need Kobe ISO ball...part 2

We need Kobe ISO ball...part 2

Postby LakersFanInCali on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:20 am

I don't know why my original thread was locked but I started a new one.....

Does anyone even notice this game against POR, as the Lakers were trying to come back, it was all Kobe. His offense does actually help the team much better than what is displayed this year. He hit big shots tonight. Shots after shots.

There were times I was screaming at the television for Kobe to touch the ball and make things happen.

Let's face it....these new players are not helping our offense. Dwight, as good as he is, isn't playing his role. This team does revolve around Kobe and we need role players to help him. Dwight's offense was atrocious.

Kobe's hero ball really cut the lead in half tonight till Portland went on their streak....

Thoughts?
LakersFanInCali

Re: We need Kobe ISO ball...part 2

Postby Paul on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:47 am

Give them some time, some new players, 2 future hofs, this needs some time, d12 and nash will find their roles in the offense, i imo dont want kobe to be ball dominant, from time to time ok, but nash should handle the ball, thats why brought him in, do we gotta use him that way, but like i said, we are 0-2 ...0-10 whatever, better we lose those games now than later in the season, everything will be allright.
Paul
Clublakers Rep: Germany/Poland

Postby vtandon on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:49 am

InB4...
vtandon

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:34 am

LakersFanInCali wrote:I don't know why my original thread was locked but I started a new one.....

Does anyone even notice this game against POR, as the Lakers were trying to come back, it was all Kobe. His offense does actually help the team much better than what is displayed this year. He hit big shots tonight. Shots after shots.

There were times I was screaming at the television for Kobe to touch the ball and make things happen.

Let's face it....these new players are not helping our offense. Dwight, as good as he is, isn't playing his role. This team does revolve around Kobe and we need role players to help him. Dwight's offense was atrocious.

Kobe's hero ball really cut the lead in half tonight till Portland went on their streak....

Thoughts?

What game were you watching??? Kobe was playing well UNTIL he forced some ill advised shots, like that air ball 3 pointer. Dwight was ABSOLUTELY DOMINANT...and just wait till he gets going :man4:

Reasons we lost:
#1 REFS REFS REFS
If the refs simply call the ENTIRE GAME fairly, instead of just the first half, Dwight fouls out most of the Blazers front court on his way to 40+. For god's sake, Dwight shot a combined 34 shots (including all Free Throw and Field Goal attempts) and made 24 of them. Dwight, Kobe and MWP also can play better defense if the Blazers aren't getting touch fouls on every play.

#2. TURNOVERS
The Lakers had 25 turnovers, leading to 28 points for Portland. The margin of difference in points off turnvers was Portland 28, LA 18 (off the Blazers 12 turnovers) In case you aren't counting, that is a Minus -10 turnover point margin...the margin of victory in the game. Many of the turnovers were the result of uncalled fouls by the Blazers, so even the #2 reason is directly affected by the #1 reason above.

Kobe is awesome in ISO situations, but this season he is scoring 26ppg on SIXTY ONE PERCENT (that's 61%) shooting. If that holds up for the year (and it should, considering that the team stands to get BETTER as time goes by, meaning Kobe gets mostly dunks, lay-ups and open 3s) that will be an improvement of 18% over last season's shooting. Let's not get confused about what the problem is people...It's TURNOVERS and DEFENSE, and the defense is being largely sabotaged by all the fast break easy looks that come from our TURNOVERS. As the offense gets better, these two problems become strengths. :jam2:
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby gill on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:38 am

More like we need Kobe-Dwight 2-man ball. Those two worked their butts off to keep us in the game
gill

Postby BadCoaching on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:40 am

Why? So Kobe can have 40+ a game and we still lose? He turned the ball over 7 times.. I don't think we need to make that 10+

Need quicker buckets in the shot clock and better defense. Kobe needs to learn to play P&R and off the ball.. all he does is gas out in the 4th now playing straight ISO and he's dead come playoff time.

A new coach would be amazing... one that knows how to play basketball would be even better.
Last edited by BadCoaching on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
BadCoaching

Postby karacha on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:57 am

LakersFanInCali wrote:This team does revolve around Kobe and we need role players to help him. Dwight's offense was atrocious.

Thoughts?

My thoughts: :man3: .
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby gill on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 am

Dwight's offense atrocious??? Someone didn't watch the game at all.
gill

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:26 am

No kidding....where's the "this is your brain....and this conclusion is your brain on crack commercial" :man3: :man10: :disagree:
LTLakerFan

Postby TIME on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 am

LakersFanInCali wrote:I don't know why my original thread was locked but I started a new one.....

Thoughts?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard