We need to trade Drew when next season starts

Re: We need to trade Drew when next season starts

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:22 am

Drew is hilarious...Cap is right, his ego is getting in the way... do this for 5 consecutive years then you can act like a jackass
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:52 am

ChumsGum wrote:Image

Love that fire.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby BadCoaching on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:56 am

ChumsGum wrote:Image

It's beyond 'we can figure this out' and the rest of the team just seems to go through the motions.. without emotion. Bynums emotional and he cares if they win, can't say as much for the rest of the team. Kobe hasn't been the same since the last ring, he's been nonchalant especially against Dallas last playoffs.. that desire/will to win just isn't where it used to be.

So it's nice to see the big fella demanding something from his teammates, lets hope they're all the same page today and through the playoffs........ so much talent, such a stacked starting squad they should be rolling right now.
BadCoaching

Postby LakersFanInCali on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Another game that showed that we don't really need Bynum. He was lazy on defense and once he was benched we actually got some stops.
LakersFanInCali

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:15 pm

LakersFanInCali wrote:Another game that showed that we don't really need Bynum. He was lazy on defense and once he was benched we actually got some stops.

:man10: @ this guy.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:20 pm

KeepBynum wrote:
LakersFanInCali wrote:Another game that showed that we don't really need Bynum. He was lazy on defense and once he was benched we actually got some stops.

Geez, man. Quite an agenda, huh? :nono2:

(I mean with LakersFanInCali's post)
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:56 pm

EXACTLY. Jordan Hill will NEVER be as good as Andrew Bynum, but what he demonstrated today was simple. We need Bynum to be a rebounder and shot blocker more than we need him to be a lazy, cherry picking scorer. At least now we have that elusive third big to come in and defend the paint, should Andrew feel a bit lazy and unmotivated. This also makes it easier to rest Gasol or Bynum while still preserving our twin tower size advantage. I am EXCITED about the playoffs.

Kudos to Mike Brown for FINALLY listening to me and PLAYING EBANKS AND HILL quality minutes. They both DO NOT NEED THE BALL to be effective, they both DEFEND, they both GET UP AND DOWN THE COURT, and they both FINISH WELL around the basket. Congrats, Laker Nation and fellow Laker fans, we just got DEEPER...

Well, AFTER the Artest suspension :man3: :disagree: :man6:
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby kray28 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:EXACTLY. Jordan Hill will NEVER be as good as Andrew Bynum, but what he demonstrated today was simple. We need Bynum to be a rebounder and shot blocker more than we need him to be a lazy, cherry picking scorer.

Truth.
kray28

Postby karacha on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Imagine what Bynum could do if he was as energetic as Hill. Or Bob, for that matter.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
KeepBynum wrote:

Geez, man. Quite an agenda, huh? :nono2:

(I mean with LakersFanInCali's post)

LOVE that Kobe GIF you've got there, that is so cool man!
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:51 pm

^Thanks, man. I made it myself. Hopefully I'll be able to add to it soon... :man1:
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:57 pm

Bynum can act out like that on the bench all he wants, he still a bad PnR defender.
khmrP

Postby kobe_008 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:51 am

karacha wrote:Imagine what Bynum could do if he was as energetic as Hill. Or Bob, for that matter.

That would be DIESEL 2 :bow:
kobe_008

Postby kobe_008 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:51 am

karacha wrote:Imagine what Bynum could do if he was as energetic as Hill. Or Bob, for that matter.

That would be DIESEL 2 :bow:
kobe_008

Postby Center Court on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:54 am

I will ay that one thing really bothered me today..

when he was on the bench he was in NO way cheering on his teammates and joining huddles and just being excited for his team.

All year Ebanks has been leading the bench in cheering and support, the one time he had the chance, he just pouted like a little girl
Center Court

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:40 am

I think part of the lethargic at time play of Bynum is due to the fact Brown runs him into the ground and plays him for the full 12 minutes of the 1st and 3rd quarters and then inserts him back in the 2nd and 4th to run another 6-7 minutes.

The man is massive, this is his first real season playing some healthy and big minutes for the team. He's not used to running marathon's.

If Brown played him 8 minutes in each of the first 3 quarters and his minutes in the 4th were determined by the score of the game, I think we would see a more energized Andrew. He's pacing himself and that's where you see the jog up the court, not crossing halfcourt, etc. He's not doing this all the time, but when he does it's a signal he needs a blow. Call it laziness, but the man is 7'2' and 275 pounds. Can he give more effort, hell yes he can, but it's also on Brown realizing that Drew is better suited in running in 8 minute stretches as opposed to full quarters.

He's young, athletic, but remember this is his first full season being healthy, getting an expanded roll on offense and having to play big minutes at the end of games. An adjustment needs to be made. He's more like a sprinter, than a marathon runner and once Brown starts using him that way, we will see less and less lethargic plays IMO.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:20 am

^^ Very good points. I definitely agree, Hill looks like he can back up Drew pretty well as shown yesterday. Give Hill some more burn and don't overtax Bynum. I think we could be all right with that.

Brown's whole 8 man rotation idea was counter-intuitive to begin with. I know that Hill was injured for a bit, but now that he's healthy let's stretch this bench out a bit. See who can play and give them some time. It was a compressed season and Brown was overdoing the starters' roles - it seems to have caught up to Drew somewhat. Now he knows that Hill and Ebanks can contribute. He won't play GLOCK as we already know, but if we at least give those other two guys time that would be cool. We'll see . . .
Lakerjones

Postby Doberman on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:12 am

:man10:
Doberman

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:15 am

Let this thread die.

C'mon Man.....

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:29 am

Doberman wrote:

denimPortugal

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 am

so lame how these threads get bumped when he has a good game and then blow bakc up when he has a bad game. cant we just be level headed? this board needs to be medicated
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:41 am

#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:46 am

I believe Bynum would block such trade :man9:
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 am

OCLakersFan247 wrote:so lame how these threads get bumped when he has a good game and then blow bakc up when he has a bad game. cant we just be level headed? this board needs to be medicated

We could always take a page outta your book and resort to making gay jokes about Rudy Gay because of his name.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby revgen on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:59 am

Doc Brown wrote:Let this thread die.

C'mon Man.....

Let it live. It's kinda like the "dagger in my stomach" post. Classic.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard