IS our best possible role in a Dwight trade as a 3rd wheel?

IS our best possible role in a Dwight trade as a 3rd wheel?

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:48 pm

The Clippers rumor, true or false.. got me thinking. I think we can come out better helping bring Dwight to the Clips than going after D12 alone. I'm pretty sure if we were willing to give up Bynum + Pau, Dwight would be a Laker already.. Here's what I propose..

Would have to happen later (around draft?) because of players that signed this season, but it can be put on the table now & go down then if all plays out right..

LAL gets Anderson Jordan Mo Foye
LAC gets Dwight JJ Hedo
ORL gets Griffin, Gasol, Luke, Caron

Salaries seem close to me, but espn's trade checker is down & RGM's won't let you try it with Jordan on a new contract.. But with all the huge contracts on our & Orlando's rosters we can make the numbers works.. I think we might even be able to come out of it with some picks, seeing as we'd be the only team not getting a star..

If we can't have Dwight, I think we all agree Bynum is the next best thing when healthy. I'm not jumping on the Ryan Anderson bandwagon, I've thought he was a really solid fit for a while. I posted a thread a while back about him + Jameer for LO..

Say what you will about his stats this season but his game is a perfect fit next to Bynum.. Then you have Deandre who can play most of the backup PF/C minutes & step in for Drew if he goes down with another injury. & of course, we finally get a legit starting PG. Not just any PG, the PG that ran Mike Brown's Lebron teams. Great 3 pt shooter who will get Drew the ball in the post & is used to playing next to a dominant iso player.. I'd love to also get our hands on Bledsoe somehow.. Would love to have him come up under Mo.. With the exception of Mo these are young guys who can be around for alot of Bynum's prime..

I won't spend too much time on why the other teams do it.. Obviously if you can pair up CP3 with Dwight & still have some solid pieces you do it.. Griffin will sell tickets in Orlando & with Pau they're a star guard away from contending.. They go from considering Brook Lopez + crap to a younger, better big than him.. & Pau.. I see no way they turn this down.
lakersin4

Re: IS our best possible role in a Dwight trade as a 3rd wheel?

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:01 pm

lakersin4 wrote:The Clippers rumor, true or false.. got me thinking. I think we can come out better helping bring Dwight to the Clips than going after D12 alone. I'm pretty sure if we were willing to give up Bynum + Pau, Dwight would be a Laker already.. Here's what I propose..

Would have to happen later (around draft?) because of players that signed this season, but it can be put on the table now & go down then if all plays out right..

LAL gets Anderson Jordan Mo Foye
LAC gets Dwight JJ Hedo
ORL gets Griffin, Gasol, Luke, Caron

Salaries seem close to me, but espn's trade checker is down & RGM's won't let you try it with Jordan on a new contract.. But with all the huge contracts on our & Orlando's rosters we can make the numbers works.. I think we might even be able to come out of it with some picks, seeing as we'd be the only team not getting a star..

If we can't have Dwight, I think we all agree Bynum is the next best thing when healthy. I'm not jumping on the Ryan Anderson bandwagon, I've thought he was a really solid fit for a while. I posted a thread a while back about him + Jameer for LO..

Say what you will about his stats this season but his game is a perfect fit next to Bynum.. Then you have Deandre who can play most of the backup PF/C minutes & step in for Drew if he goes down with another injury. & of course, we finally get a legit starting PG. Not just any PG, the PG that ran Mike Brown's Lebron teams. Great 3 pt shooter who will get Drew the ball in the post & is used to playing next to a dominant iso player.. I'd love to also get our hands on Bledsoe somehow.. Would love to have him come up under Mo.. With the exception of Mo these are young guys who can be around for alot of Bynum's prime..

I won't spend too much time on why the other teams do it.. Obviously if you can pair up CP3 with Dwight & still have some solid pieces you do it.. Griffin will sell tickets in Orlando & with Pau they're a star guard away from contending.. They go from considering Brook Lopez + crap to a younger, better big than him.. & Pau.. I see no way they turn this down.

The whole thing was absurd so I figured I'd just underline the part that made me LOL the hardest.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:06 pm

I don't see what's funny about that.. He can guard PF's as well or better than Murphy & will have a bigger impact on both ends of the floor than Murphy/Mcbob..
lakersin4

Postby TIME on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Already two other Dwight trade threads open. Feel free to post your ideas about it in either of them.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Return to The Graveyard