It's Over...for now...:-(

It's Over...for now...:-(

Postby AZRELAZITGETZ on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:59 pm

If were Kobe, I would just retire.

Why??? I'll tell ya why, but...hear me out.

Well, I'm often asked why am I such a Kobe fanatic. I hear people say, he's evil for what he did to Shaq. Others say, he's way too arrogant. Others say, he's trying to be like Jordan, yet he's clearly not the next Jordan(despite his five championships). Let's just say, Kobe is not well liked...

With all that said, Kobe has usually still, somehow, found a way to win, profit, and succeed beyond what most have or will ever do. Even when it appears as though he should n't win, he usually does(ie. the rape case, the finals series versus Boston, any finals he won without Shaq, etc.), BUT this time, I'm afraid, like the the Texans at the Alamo, he's probably way out numbered.

How so? 1)Well,the Lakers are indeed proving how unaware of themselves as basketball royalty they really are. The as of lately front office silence and departure of Phil Jackson has left their organization in dissaray. They now have a coach who's trying to win with players that don't support his pholosophy and mode of play(and trading away for a player or two, won't fix this), and if you watch the Lakers play closely, you'll see this through their lack of ability to consistently win. 2)David Stern seemingly does n't want another Michael Jordan in the league, especially via Kobe and the Lakers, and he has on several occasions made it clear that he does n't want the Lakers to succeed as champs again(ie. the blocking of the Chris Paul trade, overseeing and NOT blocking the Miami's building of the second big three<while making sure the Lakers don't build theirs>, etc.)which seemingly spawn the next one. 3)Teams don't seem to respect the Lakers, and they take extra pride and swagger in defeating them night in and night out(this one can be seen whenever they play and seemingly lose); I even heard Rubio was talking smack(he is tight though).

Bottom Line, it would take various miracles, mystical aid, and Christ himself to help Kobe now(I was sure of it as I watched him bleed in the All Star Game, it was clear cut sign and symbol of where he and the Lakers are now), and yes, I've now masterfully bowed out as a longtime Laker fan(by the trade deadline for sure, if they don’y suffice how much the last two seasons sucked), until they decide to REALLY WIN(like we're accustomed to). (Unless you like pain) you should too. They've pretty much said without speraking(literally) that this season is a bust for Laker land. I'd respect them for coming forward and saying it; perhaps you'll respect me for saying it for them...
AZRELAZITGETZ

Re: It's Over...for now...:-(

Postby Center Court on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:21 am

and the dumbest thread of the year goes to...
Center Court

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:21 am

No stay, I'm gonna be a fan until he retires and I'll always be a lakers fan for life good and bad, don't give up on us all teams go through this rebuilding process :jam2:
Jazzygirl205

Postby basketboy on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:23 am

welcome to clublakers, you and worldjunction should get along great.
all i know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything.
basketboy

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:25 am

:man10: :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:27 am

So you think Kobe should retire? Yeah that sends a great message to all the little kids who idolize him. When things are tough you should quit!

I don't know why people act like this team sucks. Anytime you have a legit superstar in Bryant and two legit All Stars in Bynum and Gasol is gonna be very difficult to beat. One thing that will help us is there aren't any back to backs in the postseason. I'm not saying we'll win it, but don't be surprised if we're still standing in June.
Last edited by Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby scissors on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:28 am

AZRELAZITGETZ wrote:If were Kobe, I would just retire.

Why??? I'll tell ya why, but...hear me out.

Well, I'm often asked why am I such a Kobe fanatic. I hear people say, he's evil for what he did to Shaq. Others say, he's way too arrogant. Others say, he's trying to be like Jordan, yet he's clearly not the next Jordan(despite his five championships). Let's just say, Kobe is not well liked...

With all that said, Kobe has usually still, somehow, found a way to win, profit, and succeed beyond what most have or will ever do. Even when it appears as though he should n't win, he usually does(ie. the rape case, the finals series versus Boston, any finals he won without Shaq, etc.), BUT this time, I'm afraid, like the the Texans at the Alamo, he's probably way out numbered.

How so? 1)Well,the Lakers are indeed proving how unaware of themselves as basketball royalty they really are. The as of lately front office silence and departure of Phil Jackson has left their organization in dissaray. They now have a coach who's trying to win with players that don't support his pholosophy and mode of play(and trading away for a player or two, won't fix this), and if you watch the Lakers play closely, you'll see this through their lack of ability to consistently win. 2)David Stern seemingly does n't want another Michael Jordan in the league, especially via Kobe and the Lakers, and he has on several occasions made it clear that he does n't want the Lakers to succeed as champs again(ie. the blocking of the Chris Paul trade, overseeing and NOT blocking the Miami's building of the second big three<while making sure the Lakers don't build theirs>, etc.)which seemingly spawn the next one. 3)Teams don't seem to respect the Lakers, and they take extra pride and swagger in defeating them night in and night out(this one can be seen whenever they play and seemingly lose); I even heard Rubio was talking smack(he is tight though).

Bottom Line, it would take various miracles, mystical aid, and Christ himself to help Kobe now(I was sure of it as I watched him bleed in the All Star Game, it was clear cut sign and symbol of where he and the Lakers are now), and yes, I've now masterfully bowed out as a longtime Laker fan(by the trade deadline for sure, if they don’y suffice how much the last two seasons sucked), until they decide to REALLY WIN(like we're accustomed to). (Unless you like pain) you should too. They've pretty much said without speraking(literally) that this season is a bust for Laker land. I'd respect them for coming forward and saying it; perhaps you'll respect me for saying it for them...

So basically you are telling everyone that you quit when things get tough. Nice.
scissors

Postby TIME on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:34 am

Welcome to the site.

You need work on your thread titles.

What is the point of your post? Are you saying the Lakers should give up on the season, or that you have given up on their season?

And in particular can you translate this for me? - "if they don’y suffice how much the last two seasons sucked), until they decide to REALLY WIN(like we're accustomed to). (Unless you like pain) you should too. They've pretty much said without speraking(literally) that this season is a bust for Laker land."
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:36 am

Oh ya, he should just up and retire mid-season, that sounds like Kobe. :man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:45 am

Two words: post count.
Lakerjones

Postby John3:16 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:46 am

basketboy wrote:welcome to clublakers, you and worldjunction should get along great.

:man10: :man10:
John3:16

Postby blakeruns on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:16 am

AZRELAZITGETZ wrote:Even when it appears as though he should n't win, he usually does(ie. the rape case, the finals series versus Boston, any finals he won without Shaq, etc.),

and this is where i said NOPE.

keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby Musttang87 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:20 am

4 paragraphs, 2nd post. :man10:

KEEP POSTING, YOU'RE HILARIOUS! :man9: :man9: :man9: :man9: :man9:
Last edited by Musttang87 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Musttang87

Postby John3:16 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:22 am

Musttang87 wrote:4 paragraphs, 2nd post. :man10:

And not one of them made any sense.
John3:16

Postby Los Lakers on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:50 am

He needs to get on the Kobe System.
Los Lakers

Postby LakerFan1235 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:56 am

epic thread
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby kobe_mamba on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:13 am

AZRELAZITGETZ-sanity!!!!!! :jam2:
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby BadCoaching on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:07 am

I see Wade figured out how to post.
BadCoaching

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:28 am

30 mil per year, and you are asking him to retire...

Right...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby Showtime'sDynasty on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:47 am

AZRELAZITGETZ wrote:I'd respect them for coming forward and saying it; perhaps you'll respect me for saying it for them...

I'll respect you when you grow some stones.
Showtime'sDynasty

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:16 am

:man10:
GoldHammish

Postby robKBMJ on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:32 am

This is a great post.....

robKBMJ

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:59 am

So what you are saying is you don't understand Basketball? Cool Story Bro'
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Return to The Graveyard