NJ Paper: RJ to Lakers a real possibility

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:34 pm

I just can't imagine in what galaxy Odom will somehow play better at SF than Jefferson in such a restricted offense such as the triangle.
Jajwa

Postby Vincey on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Radner wrote:
Valentino Rossi wrote:
Aceiz2fresh wrote:Artest n marion first.

theb explore RJ

ARTEST and MARION 1st.....RJ is walking injury all he ever is is injured.....

And you now have a 3 year deal with 42 mil same as you ahve with Lamar, albeit, you might get more balanced production from RJ, but Lamar is a freak, can ball like guard, post up, rebound....

You are losing a little not gaining a little....

Artest and Marion are pipe.

Artest told Marc Stein he's not going to accept the MLE. Marion is in the process of re-negotiating a contract which will keep him in Miami. That leaves the Lakers with RJ.

At this point, I don't think they'll even try to get RJ. He's too expensive and hurts us financially. I think Mike Miller may end up being the option since he's cheaper and wouldn't be asking for a whole lot of money once his contract expires. The Lakers are probably comfortable with Ariza as their defensive player.

Agreed with everything here.. Miami seems like they are going to lock Matrix up..

SAS was on the radio yesterday and said he spoke to Ron Ron and there's no way he's going to accept the MLE. Ron said he's never been paid like he deserves, and his next contract will pay him what he deserves.

I would welcome Mike Miller or RJ. To me Miller's defense is in question, but offensively.. wow he would fit in perfectly. He's a smart player who can hit a shot from anywhere on the court.
Vincey

Postby WeLoveLA on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:02 pm

Is Mike Miller that bad of a defender? I mean every time I've seen him play his defense and hustle has always been pretty good, I've never thought of him as a weak defender.

Still, no way in hell the Grizzlies do another trade with us in this decade.
WeLoveLA

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:07 pm

Somewhere between Walton and Richard Jefferson basically. If Walton is a 5/10 then Miller is a 6.5 and Jefferson is a 8 when he's on his game. Artest is a 10 on that scheme and Battier blows the scale away.
Jajwa

Postby chug o nomics on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:39 pm

Jajwa wrote:Somewhere between Walton and Richard Jefferson basically. If Walton is a 5/10 then Miller is a 6.5 and Jefferson is a 8 when he's on his game. Artest is a 10 on that scheme and Battier blows the scale away.

Artest > Battier
"The thing that made push pops good is that you had to work for them. IF YOU WERE WEAK YOU DIDN'T GET ANY."
chug o nomics

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:43 pm

Wrong...

Battier is the better defender. Artest just looks meaner.
Jajwa

Postby Vincey on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:45 pm

Jajwa wrote:Wrong...

That may be true, but I don't want to even take the chance of putting LO on the Rockets. That's just asking for trouble.
Vincey

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:47 pm

That's right, you're looking at it the right way. Lamar would be quite tough to beat on that team if he's allowed to create from the SF spot.
Jajwa

Postby chug o nomics on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Ohh, was the scale just for defense? I thought it was rating the player overall (both offense + defense).
"The thing that made push pops good is that you had to work for them. IF YOU WERE WEAK YOU DIDN'T GET ANY."
chug o nomics

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:53 pm

OH HECKKKKK NOOOOOOO

Artest and Battier are a mile apart as far as that goes. Unfortunately Artest seems to be farther and father away the closer we get to June 30th. Would be it be a fair assessment to say that Richard Jefferson is a top 25 player?
Jajwa

Postby chug o nomics on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:58 pm

nvm, read that wrong.
chug o nomics

Postby Jajwa on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:58 pm

It's the other way around.
Jajwa

Postby chug o nomics on Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:00 pm

I don't think RJ is a top 25 player, but he'd be really effective on our team, I'd say. Artest would be perfect here and I doubt he'd get into any off the court problems, since he'd be playing with the guy he admires the most.
chug o nomics

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Vincey wrote:

That may be true, but I don't want to even take the chance of putting LO on the Rockets. That's just asking for trouble.

Yep. This is what I've been saying. You don't give Houston LO - it's like giving them their missing piece. He's way too good of a number 3 for them. That's rebounding, passing, just too much. You don't trade in conference especially not with a rival possible contender. No dice on Battier. Period.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Shortodom on Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:29 pm

gumby where are you?
“We don’t expect to win by 20 and 40, but maybe we do,” Gasol said
Shortodom

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:35 pm

Jajwa wrote:Somewhere between Walton and Richard Jefferson basically. If Walton is a 5/10 then Miller is a 6.5 and Jefferson is a 8 when he's on his game. Artest is a 10 on that scheme and Battier blows the scale away.

I'd put Miller at more of a 7.5. He can be intense. He's not the most athletic guy in the world, but he gives it his all. He's kinda like a wide bodied Sasha in a way.

Miller and Lowry for Odom. Go for it Mitch!

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby last stand on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:33 pm

battier may be the better defender by a small margin but hes not even 12% of ron artest offensively
last stand

Postby basketboy on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:12 am

Pig Miller wrote:P.S. i'm still not excited about trading odom

i agree.. we got killed on the boards.. so we want to.. trade our best rebounder..? kk, sounds good.
basketboy

Postby gill on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:18 am

basketboy wrote:

i agree.. we got killed on the boards.. so we want to.. trade our best rebounder..? kk, sounds good.

With Bynum and Pau upfront, you don't think we'd get as many boards? Plus the fact that Odom will be playing the 3 or the 2 and will camp out on the perimeter, you think he'd get as many boards playing far away from the basket as he used to? :man3:
gill

Postby knm131 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:30 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:

I'd put Miller at more of a 7.5. He can be intense. He's not the most athletic guy in the world, but he gives it his all. He's kinda like a wide bodied Sasha in a way.

Miller and Lowry for Odom. Go for it Mitch!

Dude, I have a mini man-crush on Kyle Lowry. Why they don't play this kid 35 mins/game is beyond me.

Mike Miller is also fantastically adept at passing (seen quite a few triple double games out of him) and rebounds well for a guard.

My only concerns with him are a) postseason play (numbers down across the board in postseason but as long as he can handle pressure that's fine) and b) health (always gets hurt, kinda brittle)

Memphis isn't some kind if expiring contract dumping ground though I'm sure the fans of every team want to send their expiring contracts there. If I had to pick a team LEAST likely to trade with the Lakers, I'd probably pick Memphis so as much as I like Mike Miller, I will probably focus my attention elsewhere.
knm131

Postby TomSeaver on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:19 am

I have no problem with this move. I would rather they get Artest. But they need a true SF and a guy who can shoot
TomSeaver

Re: RJ to Lakers a real possibility ( NJ Paper )

Postby Stearnfxr on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:33 am

The only way that can work is if NewJersey's looking for a salary dump because LO's made it clear he's going to retire a Laker. That means he would not agree to a sign and trade, he'd rather retire and play music producer.
Stearnfxr

Postby karacha on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:34 am

I'd have no problem with Jefferson, if he can stay healthy, of course. No problem at all.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby basketboy on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:14 am

gill wrote:
basketboy wrote:

With Bynum and Pau upfront, you don't think we'd get as many boards? Plus the fact that Odom will be playing the 3 or the 2 and will camp out on the perimeter, you think he'd get as many boards playing far away from the basket as he used to? :man3:

personally, id bring odom off the bench to tell you the truth. id let him come in and replace pau/drew, and have trevor starting the 3 :man12:
basketboy

Postby deal on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

RJ not a great 3 pt. shooter either; better than Odom but thats not much to talk about...

Some will come back wiht a better offer for LO or we ride him out...
deal

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard